The Blackening - Grace Byers, Jermaine Fowler, Melvin Gregg, | Official Discussion Thread

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Man I disagree with the criticism…. Season 3 had some of the best moments and eps of that show period

Yeah it did have some of the best moments but it was a grand departure from what folks were expecting and wanted to see (Earn, Van, Darius, and Paperboi in the aftermath of the season 2 ending). It was a creative risk for sure.

Trini to de Bone was my favorite but Tarrare was a lowlight to me.

I’m genuinely asking where you got this sentiment from because I’ve never seen those words out together in a sentence. I find it to be the opposite especially online.

The show didn’t have monster ratings, it was on Fx which doesn’t not usually have shows with a predominantly black casts, and the most Atlanta was talked about in recent memory was because of Donald Glover’s interview with himself and the backlash from said interview.

Yeah so I’m curious to why you believe what was written.

I never go off ratings, just the sentiment from the culture. Black people online always hyped up Atlanta. Similar to the fandom around Insecure. But they took a long layoff and then came back with even weirder stuff. It was to the point where I asked my friends in real life if they were watching Atlanta when it came back and most weren't. But these were all people who watched it before.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yeah it did have some of the best moments but it was a grand departure from what folks were expecting and wanted to see (Earn, Van, Darius, and Paperboi in the aftermath of the season 2 ending). It was a creative risk for sure.

Trini to de Bone was my favorite but Tarrare was a lowlight to me.

See Tarrare was a classic to me….. That shyt had mad moment where I legit burst out loud laughed

Rich Wigga was probably my fav
Trini to the bone was dope

The Big Payback was hilarious

3 Slaps was great..

Those 4 eps to me alone were some of the strongest of the the series

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Didn’t want to agree but yea…it was.
I wanted to like it and I understood the message but the stereotypes made it less funny and the only character who seemed to be just a normal person was Lisa everyone else was just a weird archetype. And it wasn't scary if we've got a horror noir film Jordan Peele showed us the way. They Cloned Tyrone was a better horror film in that mane

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I wanted to like it and I understood the message but the stereotypes made it less funny and the only character who seemed to be just a normal person was Lisa everyone else was just a weird archetype. And it wasn't scary if we've got a horror noir film Jordan Peele showed us the way. They Cloned Tyrone was a better horror film in that mane

Jordan Peele movies are not scary

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
Occasional chuckle was all i got. This was slightly below mediocre.

And that Jermaine Fowler dude been trash in everything except Sorry to Bother You IMO.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The stereotypes were the point though. They were all caricatures, leaning heavily into it.