The Blackening - Grace Byers, Jermaine Fowler, Melvin Gregg, | Official Discussion Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I had a long day and was hoping this was gonna be hilarious so went to the advance screening..

shyt was terrible, like Cocaine Bear terrible
:francis:
the trailer was cringe worthy as fukk.

they still using 1996 "Blac folks be like" routines.

We've had shows like Atlanta show that black people are capable of elevated comedy that crosses genre and they revert to this Scary Movie bullshyt nd then release it on Juneteenth weekend. This shyt reeks of corporate tax write off and mammy and sambo workers getting biscuits.

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the trailer was cringe worthy as fukk.

they still using 1996 "Blac folks be like" routines.

We've had shows like Atlanta show that black people are capable of elevated comedy that crosses genre and they revert to this Scary Movie bullshyt nd then release it on Juneteenth weekend. This shyt reeks of corporate tax write off and mammy and sambo workers getting biscuits.
Broo, in the opening couple scenes.. the female character used the n word sooo many times it made me uncomfortable.

And I use the n-word my damn self so I ain’t even one of them uptight kinda dudes. I knew it would be either surprisingly good or really bad.. and it def was the latter

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Broo, in the opening couple scenes.. the female character used the n word sooo many times it made me uncomfortable.

And I use the n-word my damn self so I ain’t even one of them uptight kinda dudes. I knew it would be either surprisingly good or really bad.. and it def was the latter
and the entire plot/plan was just stupid..and not stupid funny, parody funny...just stupid

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

these kinda movies you can tell were not made for black people lol. It was made for white folks and or black people who date white folks (I'm not one of these anti interracial couple types, I'm more so talking about those who wear it as a badge of honor more so loving who they love).

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
5/10. My expectations were low and it still didn't do anything for me. This is a movie for new-blacks and non-black people. My theater was mostly non-black and they were laughing too hard at this lame shyt. People that clearly speak proper (not white, but proper) trying to blaccent themselves and force "nikka" into dialogue at random points. I have no problem with "nikka" but it was forced. I see people trying to compare this to Scary Movie, but Scary Movie wasn't even this insulting.

edit: and the black men were:
gay
a former thug
a former cheater
maga

Last edited: