The black man who went to Ivy League College then became a Drug Kingpin

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doesn’t mean breh wasn’t smart, he just wasn’t knowledgeable. This was before the internet got really poppin so if you didn’t have good libraries around you or people who could show you the way, how were you supposed to get access to the information?
You do have a point, i vaguely remembered that there was a life before the internet :pachaha: :pachaha:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I was never disagreeing with you lady :skip:

Just don't explicit say your gonna cut off access to the father thats hurtful, and as a man, who were made in God's image, ergo being the closes thing to God, we don't like being hurt. Even it what your saying is the truth. Its a pride thing. And its Fathers Day:ufdup:
I know it’s Father’s Day; I spent the evening shopping and wrapping gifts and will be with my family today.

The point is his father was trash, but she didn’t cut him off because he was his father. His influence needed to be removed from that child’s life. Not every father. Fathers like that. It’s ok to acknowledge that some men aren’t good men, and some women aren’t good women.

Furthermore:

SUMMARY

Just as Seth bore the “likeness and image” of his father Adam (Gen. 5:3), God made Adam and Eve to bear his image and likeness. Historical theology has often grounded the image of God in mankind’s superiority over lesser creatures, given man’s higher rationality and spirituality, and especially in human’s capacity to know and worship God. Further reflection notes that as “male and female,” mankind bears God’s image in a community of love. The emphasis in Genesis 1:26 on man’s dominion above the other creatures argues for mankind’s viceregency in accountability to God.

Don’t put your pride on TMH
:comeon:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
o I switched my focus from being the smartest person in the room to being the most likeable, throwing myself into a lot of environments that were uncomfortable for me (understanding that I to this day still feel most comfortable in the hood) so I could learn to navigate and develop relationships in them.

The bolded is very important. Pay attention young people

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Them dudes who ran down on him were fools. They had an educated dude as the plug who they coulda made way more money in the long run with.

Wild to me how short sighted so many people are :snoop:

RIP
That’s why you get out of the hood. If the majority of the people thought that way, things would be better. They saw him as competition, because he was, and that’s where it ended.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Them dudes who ran down on him were fools. They had an educated dude as the plug who they coulda made way more money in the long run with.

Wild to me how short sighted so many people are :snoop:

RIP
Contrary to what the ppl in the blacc community think who glorify these dudes, most street nikkas are absolute idiots.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep.

She had a kid with the wrong guy, and instead of banning her son from seeing him she still let him visit his dad in prison, because I’m sure people would’ve said she was wrong if she didn’t.

His father was his worst influence.

SHe was supposed to let him go see his father. I'm also sure his father kept preaching to not be like him. The worst thing that happened to him was his father passing.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
That’s why you get out of the hood. If the majority of the people thought that way, things would be better. They saw him as competition, because he was, and that’s where it ended.
Most drug dealers ain’t going around robbing other drug dealers unless they got direct beef with them. Even then it ain’t bout the money.

These were most likely broke ass dudes who had no hustle except robbing someone else who did.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
That's not what I'm getting at, at all. Just saying that much like some famous people from Detroit from back in the day -- it's probably best that most people don't know what they were really like.
Well now I'm truly curious. Either way, he definitely made history.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Most drug dealers ain’t going around robbing other drug dealers u less they got direct beef with them. Even then it ain’t bout the money.

These were most likely broke ass dudes who had no hustle except robbing someone else who did.
Which is why you get out of the hood 🤷🏾‍♀️

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
SHe was supposed to let him go see his father. I'm also sure his father kept preaching to not be like him. The worst thing that happened to him was his father passing.
She needed to at least remove him from the environment and let him traveled to see his father from time to time.

If his dad had been the right influence even behind those walls, he wouldn’t have gone off course after he died. That’s the point. It’s happened in my family too. Everyone went off to college/found success while holding our dad’s lessons in our hearts and minds.

They needed to move.