The black man who went to Ivy League College then became a Drug Kingpin

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
It's not if you know the right people in Cleveland. That being said, if you aren't in those type of circles, it's probably best you not worry about things that don't concern you.
My bad Steve Harvey

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Who you are going to be is pretty much based on your childhood experiences.

Will check out the book though, thanks

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I read this book a few times.

Smart kid from the hood, got a full ride to Yale, graduated and moved back home.

He got frustrated with the money he was making as a science teacher so he quit and used his knowledge to grow weed and become the plug.

He used to give his people speeches about how presidents like Clinton and Bush all did dirt to get to the top, and felt like what he was doing was the same as them

Eventually word got out that he was the plug and nikkas ran in his crib, had him show them his operation, then killed him and robbed him

On one hand I understand his choices but on the other he’s naive if he didn’t think the wolves were coming

His nickname in his hood was even “Yale.” Once the wolves heard some kid from Yale is in the hood supplying nikkas, that’s all it took for them to put the plan in motion unfortunately
Sheesh! Was his murder solved?

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He would have probably thrived in this era with weed being pretty much legal in certain parts of the country. Could have used his knowledge to build his own legal dispensary. Its really tragic.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
He would have probably thrived in this era with weed being pretty much legal in certain parts of the country. Could have used his knowledge to build his own legal dispensary. Its really tragic.
He died 2011 so he was dealing within the times.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My question is how do you go to Yale, literally one of the best universities on the planet, and "only" become a teacher:gucci::francis:??
High achievement is based on so many factors, including knowing how to navigate and develop relationships with other future high achievers. I figured this shyt out in my mid-20s. I was a super smart kid growing up, went to a great school etc. And came out with my degree making peanuts. Then I looked around and said what was the difference between me, the smart kid who worked hard, and those who were truly succeeding and it hit me that I didn’t have the relationships to be in the spaces where moves were being made. So I switched my focus from being the smartest person in the room to being the most likeable, throwing myself into a lot of environments that were uncomfortable for me (understanding that I to this day still feel most comfortable in the hood) so I could learn to navigate and develop relationships in them. Ten years or so later and my life has changed immensely. People give good jobs and opportunities to the best people they know, not the best resume. Most resumes don’t even get looked at except as confirmation that you can hire that person you know or who has been recommended to you by someone you know. It’s game of thrones in real time.

I also had to do a lot of healing. The hood left me with a lot of wounds. But this post is already too long.

So when I read stories like this I get sad cuz I know how easily it coulda been me or on the flipside, how easily brothers like this could have succeeded with more social support and positive examples. Environments matter so much…

EDIT: Sorry if it came across like I was preaching at you my brother. It wasn’t that. Just a lot came out. This shyt hits home.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
I read this book a few times.

Smart kid from the hood, got a full ride to Yale, graduated and moved back home.

He got frustrated with the money he was making as a science teacher so he quit and used his knowledge to grow weed and become the plug.

He used to give his people speeches about how presidents like Clinton and Bush all did dirt to get to the top, and felt like what he was doing was the same as them

Eventually word got out that he was the plug and nikkas ran in his crib, had him show them his operation, then killed him and robbed him

On one hand I understand his choices but on the other he’s naive if he didn’t think the wolves were coming

His nickname in his hood was even “Yale.” Once the wolves heard some kid from Yale is in the hood supplying nikkas, that’s all it took for them to put the plan in motion unfortunately

Good drop, many don't know that Joseph Kennedy was a major bootlegger during prohibition. And that Yale was founded with opium smuggling money and a President Roosevelt forefather Warren Delano was involved in the trade. Ditto former Senator John Kerry. Add Yale founders Elihu Yale, William Huntington and Samuel Russel to the list.

The former conspiracy theory Chicago journalist (Sherman Skolnick ) wrote that Clinton's bio father was Governor Winthrop Rockefeller, and that he got kicked out of Yale for smashing a co-ed in his dormitory room in his junior year at that school. His alleged son got busted for "what that mouth do Monica in the f-in White House. :laugh:

Full text of "Sherman Skolnick Collection Walmart Bush Clinton Federal Reserve Secrets nwo illuminati freemasons"​

"The Rockefellers are not naive plutocrats. If there ever were ANY​

documents proving that Winthrop Rockefeller fathered five illegitimate
children around the nation including the person who calls himself "Bill
Clinton", those records, if any, have long since been destroyed. "

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
So I switched my focus from being the smartest person in the room to being the most likeable, throwing myself into a lot of environments that were uncomfortable for me (understanding that I to this day still feel most comfortable in the hood) so I could learn to navigate and develop relationships in them. Ten years or so later and my life has changed immensely. People give good jobs and opportunities to the best people they know, not the best resume.
I hope people heed these words. I had to learn this the hard way. The smartest/harder worker rarely gets promoted or the best job opportunities. :francis: