The Birth of a Nation (Official Thread)

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
im not familiar so a question for any minds wiser than mine on the subject

but since the movie basically already came out at sundance, and doesnt come out natoinwide until October, do studios sometimes do reshoots, cuts, edits, etc? basically is there any chance any scenes will be taken out or edited for the October release?

If Nate Parker doesn't get any directing, writing, or acting noms I'm gonna be pissed off.
maybe next time :troll:

Shot was powerful :wow:
extremely. the type of shyt that hits you deep but doesnt even surprise you at the same time.

Last edited:

clouddd

had cyphers with yeezy before his mouth wired
Daps
powerful

one of this country's greatest stories...ever

and that title :wow::wow::wow:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
John being manipulated and misled by the government even to the detriment of his people brings into question the his leadership but doesn't make him traitor:stopitslime:a treasonous act would be joining the US army and fighting against Seminoles or intel about which can compromise Seminoles resistance to the enemy...until you can provide evidence of any of that i'm inclined to believe the John Horse sellout propaganda is unfounded myth made up by cacs to to slander the name/image of a black hero:yeshrug:

Basically and gluvanst or whatever his name is is the main one parroting it. He shows up wherever John Horse is discussed. Dude may be an agent

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
im not familiar so a question for any minds wiser than mine on the subject

but since the movie basically already came out at sundance, and doesnt come out natoinwide until October, do studios sometimes do reshoots, cuts, edits, etc? basically is there any chance any scenes will be taken out or edited for the October release?

Yes, this could happen. It's not really common and happens more often to movies getting mixed reviews (if the movie is critically acclaimed, why try to fix what ain't broken?). Quentin Tarantino recut Inglourious Basterds completely after the reception at Cannes was less than stellar (specifically, he cut out the whole part explaining how Shosanna came to run a movie theater in Paris), Ryan Gosling went back and recut Lost River as well to tighten the movie up as well after a weak reception at Cannes.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Yes, this could happen. It's not really common and happens more often to movies getting mixed reviews (if the movie is critically acclaimed, why try to fix what ain't broken?). Quentin Tarantino recut Inglourious Basterds completely after the reception at Cannes was less than stellar (specifically, he cut out the whole part explaining how Shosanna came to run a movie theater in Paris), Ryan Gosling went back and recut Lost River as well to tighten the movie up as well after a weak reception at Cannes.

Well expect piff to be cut

I'm very excited for the film but I remember this is Hollywood

Need to finally take it a step forward and make a movie called "How These White Folks fukked up the World."

This is the idea for a sci fi flick

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
Antionne Fuqua had to recut Brooklyn's Finest after Sundance also