The Beer Snobs 2.0 Thread

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
What type of beer that's out there are any good? Turned 21 a few days ago and looking for some recommendations.

VICVALLIN

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What type of beer that's out there are any good? Turned 21 a few days ago and looking for some recommendations.
most people I know who don't know much about beer enjoy blue moon. its seems to be the go to non-craft, craft beer. either way, start with something light and branch out from their.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Have you had crat beer before? I dont wanna ruin your pallet
No, I haven't tried craft beer before is there any good ones?
most people I know who don't know much about beer enjoy blue moon. its seems to be the go to non-craft, craft beer. either way, start with something light and branch out from their.
I've heard of blue moon before I'll give it a try.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
No, I haven't tried craft beer before is there any good ones?

I've heard of blue moon before I'll give it a try.
blue moon isn't a craft beer.(even though it pretends to be) But it is a pretty good beer. I really like the wheat (white) beers.
They have a unique flavor and is very easy to drink.

Like mentioned earlier in this thread, nothing better than a fresh wheat beer from tap.

Blue moon is one of the most common, especially in North America.

Shock Top is another commonly found wheat beer that tastes pretty good.

Just go to any craft brewery or micro brewery and ask for a wheat beer. That cloudy deliciousness will get you right away.

Another common one is Hoegaarden. Just make sure you get it in the Hoegarrden glass...

hoegaarden-1f5684f.jpg

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Beer haul today:

Stone "Bitter Oatmeal" Stout
Ballast Point "Ginger Big Eye" IPA
Ballast Point "Pineapple Sculpin" IPA
Ballast Point "Peppermint Victory at Sea" Porter
Green Flash "Ristretto Cosmic" Baltic Porter

Had the Sierra Nevada "Rain Check" stout earlier today and its VERYYY good. Better than the Narwal stout they have
How was that Pineapple Sculpin IPA?

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
That sorry not sorry ipa:noah:

Have you tried that ballast point grapefruit ipa? It's the nectar of Gods.

I LOOOVED the Sorry Not Sorry IPA. Stone is absolutely MONEY with their IPA's. My favorite brewery so i'm a lillll biased towards them. I had the most recent "Pataskala" and i'll admit, it wasn't nothing worthwhile. I guess I shouldn't have watched a beer review on it before drinking it because it was HYPED up and it fell flat to me. If I never have it again, I won't feel as though i'm missing out.

I did have the grapefruit Sculpin last year and i'll admit, I wasn't a big fan of it. I LOVE the regular Sculpin and the pineapple is doable as well. I just....it didn't resonate with me. I first had it when I was going out and I had to rush it so I chalked it up to me not liking me to having to through it back and get moving, but I had it again recently. My wife brought me a 6 pack of it last weekend and I ran through it, but I was just over it by the 4th beer.

How was that Pineapple Sculpin IPA?

It was cool, I suggest giving it a holla if you can find it. The Watermelon Dorado DIPA was HITTING though. I wish that I had gotten my hands on a 6 pack of that and not just the single.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I LOOOVED the Sorry Not Sorry IPA. Stone is absolutely MONEY with their IPA's. My favorite brewery so i'm a lillll biased towards them. I had the most recent "Pataskala" and i'll admit, it wasn't nothing worthwhile. I guess I shouldn't have watched a beer review on it before drinking it because it was HYPED up and it fell flat to me. If I never have it again, I won't feel as though i'm missing out.

I did have the grapefruit Sculpin last year and i'll admit, I wasn't a big fan of it. I LOVE the regular Sculpin and the pineapple is doable as well. I just....it didn't resonate with me. I first had it when I was going out and I had to rush it so I chalked it up to me not liking me to having to through it back and get moving, but I had it again recently. My wife brought me a 6 pack of it last weekend and I ran through it, but I was just over it by the 4th beer.

It was cool, I suggest giving it a holla if you can find it. The Watermelon Dorado DIPA was HITTING though. I wish that I had gotten my hands on a 6 pack of that and not just the single.
Damn you. I'm gone have to go looking at a few local spots for it now.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Anyone else find it almost impossible to drink a beer out of a bottle or can anymore?

I hate i. I need to poor my drink in a glass or drink from draft only.

I hate tasting the aluminum or the glass when Im drinking.

I cosign this. I usually drink a beer on the way home from work (yea I know I know, not cool) and I either have to have it out of a red cup that I have in my car or out the can/bottle....and you can taste tell you're shorting yourself that way. I need me a nice tulip or snifter when I drink my beer :blessed:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Jax got a HUGE shipment of Ballast Point beers mid last month and I was feasting on it.
I ended up grabbing the Ballast Point Watermelon, Bold Rock Apple IPA, and Duclaw Quick Start My Heart which is a strawberry milk stout six packs. Then grabbed like six randoms too.