The Beer Snobs 2.0 Thread

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
brandy-smh-o.gif

we gotta get you up to speed bruh

:jayz:

I know imma buy my first import today its friday and this is when i drink beer :shaq:

Strongly thinking bout delirium :ehh:

I hearyou guys talk about sour :leon:

I liked bud light lime for that reason because it had a lime taste is that what you guys are referring too ?

I'd rather try a starter sour if anyone got a recommendation .

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Man I tried to get into these high quality beers and it just didnt work for me.
IPA taste disgusting and it was a chore to finish that 90 minute IPA from dogfish.

But my favorite is damn near anything from Shiner I feel like they can do no wrong.
Cant fukk with any of the mainstream beers that's always on television them shyts are disgusting.

What ive tried and liked:
Shiner Bock
Shiner Blonde
Shiner Black
Shiner hefeweizen
Dos equis
Sapporo
Tsing Tao
Ichiban
Heineken

Any suggestions?

You're in San Antonio, mozy on to your HEB and pick up some Founders Dirty b*stard.

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
:wtf:

Anyway...i'd recommend Shock Top and Blue Moon if you havent tried em...they have a bunch of good ones. Leinenkugel has some bomb ones. Sam Adams...start at the seasonals and go from there.

Blue Moon is poser craft. Miller Coors owns them.

Shock Top, poser craft. owned by the abomination that is ABinBev

Leinenkugel is poser craft. Owned by SABMiller.

Sam Adams is alright.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
:jayz:

I know imma buy my first import today its friday and this is when i drink beer :shaq:

Strongly thinking bout delirium :ehh:

I hearyou guys talk about sour :leon:

I liked bud light lime for that reason because it had a lime taste is that what you guys are referring too ?

I'd rather try a starter sour if anyone got a recommendation .
@ThiefyPoo @wutang512

Lol I know yall are starters bruhs so I ain't gonna ride too much on you. since you're STARTING out on drinking craft or trying to become more diverse, I always suggest to people to ease in with BLONDES, WHEATS (or called Hefeweizen), and CREAMS to get their taste buds switched around. Sierra Nevada, Magic Hat, Abita (purple haze :ohlawd: ), are good brews companies to look for and start off with. Sam Adams has good seasonal beers as well. Oh shyt....i forgot about Victory and Dogfish :blessed:. But yea not to overwhelm you, start light with the blonde and wheats

Here's a list from Beer Advocate (the GOAT beer website) breaking down the beer styles :shaq:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/style

Last edited by a moderator:

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
@ThiefyPoo @wutang512

Lol I know yall are starters bruhs so I ain't gonna ride too much on you. since you're STARTING out on drinking craft or trying to become more diverse, I always suggest to people to ease in with BLONDES, WHEATS (or called Hefeweizen), and CREAMS to get their taste buds switched around. Sierra Nevada, Magic Hat, Abita (purple haze :ohlawd: ), are good brews companies to look for and start off with. Sam Adams has good seasonal beers as well. Oh shyt....i forgot about Victory and Dogfish :blessed:. But yea not to overwhelm you, start light with the blonde and wheats

Here's a list from Beer Advocate (the GOAT beer website) breaking down the beer styles :shaq:

Beer Styles - BeerAdvocate

My first purchase

KmU1H66.jpg

The taste between the 2 couldnt be more day and night .

The shandy is just my speed right now very smooth taste just :ahh:

the flying dog is harsh at first with a mean ass bite but the more you drink the better it gets.

Right now im going back and forth :ehh:

Last edited by a moderator:

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
Blue Moon is poser craft. Miller Coors owns them.

Shock Top, poser craft. owned by the abomination that is ABinBev

Leinenkugel is poser craft. Owned by SABMiller.

Sam Adams is alright.
I don't give a fukk who owns em...i aint no purist...all i know is what tastes good.

I think they are good recommendations for some nikkas tryna branch out from the regular american light beers without goin to far in the deep end.

Who cares who owns what. You gonna tell me Blue Moon tastes like any Miller beer...or Coors beer. No it doesnt. same for the other two. I've had plenty of beers that are their own entity's and they taste like piss so...that doesnt mean shyt. You can say all you want about them being poser beers...but the Leinies i've had...the Seasonal Sam Adams i've had are damn good...and thats all i got to say about that.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Man I tried to get into these high quality beers and it just didnt work for me.
IPA taste disgusting and it was a chore to finish that 90 minute IPA from dogfish.

But my favorite is damn near anything from Shiner I feel like they can do no wrong.
Cant fukk with any of the mainstream beers that's always on television them shyts are disgusting.

What ive tried and liked:
Shiner Bock
Shiner Blonde
Shiner Black
Shiner hefeweizen
Dos equis
Sapporo
Tsing Tao
Ichiban
Heineken

Any suggestions?

heavy seas gold
heavy seas small craft
heavy seas cutlass
heavy seas powder monkey
pilsner urquell
flying dog atlantic lager

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
:ohhh:

I wanna get into Some of this Piff.

I usually get beer every Friday right now all I drink is bud light lime :sadbron: I love the taste doe :manny:

Very open minded so put me on brehs.

I'm from the Dmv btw.
honestly bud light lime is not a bad tasting drink. i wouldnt necessarily call it beer tho lol

you might want to start with something like sam adams cherry wheat. even tho its not that good of a beer its a lot closer than bud light

if you want to go hard try the dogfish head raison d'être. its sweet but powerful

if you like it just start venturing out from there by style. again ratebeer.com is your friend

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
URL]

Went to total wine and got 2 sixers

Marble Brewery Wildflower Wheat
Goose Island Matilda, Summertime, and 312
College Street American Wheat (Somewhat local beer outta Lake Havasu AZ)
Sam Adams Cream Stout
Breckenridge Agave Wheat
Leinenkugel Canoe Peddler, Sunset Wheat (2x), Summer Shandy, Honey Weiss

I've already stated that Leinies Sunset wheat is one of my favorites...I believe the others are all new to me.

312 is underwhelming. Nothing special. I hope the other Goose Island beers I got are better than this. Edit: Goose Island Summertime isn't anything to write home about. Marble Brewery is a bit better but i'm holding these to the Sunset Wheat standard...and they dont even come close.
Honey Weiss is pretty plain but better than Marble...Summertime and 312. Summer Shandy is not my type of beer at all. If you like Bud Light Lime...then you'll prolly love it, Not my cup of tea pint of beer. I got high hopes for the Canoe Peddler and the Sam Adams Stout tho.

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
southern%20tier%20creme%20brulee%20stout.jpg
I had this before 2 years ago out the bottle, but I had it on tap friday and :ohlawd: much better taste. It's a very good stout, very sweet but could be too abrasive for one just starting out.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
MD_PKG_web.gif

i heard about this shyt before, stumbled across it at the store tonight and finally decided to try it... oh my damn. don't knock me brehs :whoa: this is one of the best beers i ever had.

i wanna try it on tap :noah:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps

I tried that before breh, it was bitter to me. :scusthov:

I'm no beer head tho.

There's a cool bar we have in Dallas called Flying Saucer and they have every beer ever. I've NEVER liked beer until I started going there and just trying different beers they have on their "fire sale".

Just tried this the 1st time last Friday. It was half price @ $4.....it's usually $8 a glass :huhldup:

But it's on my new favorite list. I only like 2 beers.....Live Oak and now this. And the waitress said it had the highest alchol content of the beers there

rodenbach.jpg

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
My first purchase

KmU1H66.jpg

The taste between the 2 couldnt be more day and night .

The shandy is just my speed right now very smooth taste just :ahh:

the flying dog is harsh at first with a mean ass bite but the more you drink the better it gets.

Right now im going back and forth :ehh:

see u got that shandy....its smooth for a summer night :gladkid: