The Batman 2 Announced - (Pattinson & Reeves Returning/Oct. 3. 2025)

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Reeve’s Batman and this universe won’t work with the Justice League.

Batfleck worked because of how he moved. How he trained. He was dodging Doomsday’s projectiles. He was scaling walls and dodging shotgun shells. He looked like he benched 1k. He was Arkham Knight’s Batman. He was fit for the DCEU. I don’t see Reeve’s Batman doing that. He took a shotgun shell to his chest. Batfleck was dodging them. Reeve’s Bats is way more grounded and stiff. More Nolanquese

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Reeve’s Batman and this universe won’t work with the Justice League.

Batfleck worked because of how he moved. How he trained. He was dodging Doomsday’s projectiles. He was scaling walls and dodging shotgun shells. He looked like he benched 1k. He was Arkham Knight’s Batman. He was fit for the DCEU. I don’t see Reeve’s Batman doing that. He took a shotgun shell to his chest. Batfleck was dodging them. Reeve’s Bats is way more grounded and stiff. More Nolanquese

:gucci:YOURE COMPARING YR 2 BATMAN
TO YEAR 20.

REEVES WAS HIGHLIGHTING
HOW GREEN BATMAN WAS ON THE JOB.

HES NOT GONNA REMAIN GREEN.
:devil:
:evil:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Year One Batman is usually grounded.. he's usually facing street villains. Reeves Batman doesn't have too much experience yet. That doesn't mean he won't evolve.
Batfleck was the closest thing we saw to a live action Arkham Knights. Because of how he moved. How he fought. The warehouse scene. Dodging Doomsday. You think Reeve’s Bat will get to that level?? Ehh. I can see them staying more grounded. Fighting Mr Freeze, Court of Owls, a revised Clayface. Hush. Maybe even Mr Bloom.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Batfleck was the closest thing we saw to a live action Arkham Knights. Because of how he moved. How he fought. The warehouse scene. Dodging Doomsday. You think Reeve’s Bat will get to that level?? Ehh. I can see them staying more grounded. Fighting Mr Freeze, Court of Owls, a revised Clayface. Hush. Maybe even Mr Bloom.

That's fine with me.. what i'd prefer to see is the Court of Owls story play out although that's not all the way ground of course lol.

But what we were speculating on is if that Batman would meet Gunn's Superman.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

YOURE SILLY IF YOU
DONT THINK REAVES HAS ATLEAST
3 BATMAN MOVIES LINED UP
TO GO WITH THIS BIG UNIVERSE
HES CREATING.

:devil:
:evil:

That was the plan and would have happened under the OLD WB REGIME.

Just like how Black Adam would have got a sequel.

However New people are now IN.

James Gunn and the NEW regime have zero reason to keep Matt Reeves Batman around when they can make their own new version to go along with the other rebooted dc characters.

The Batman 2 gets made and that will be the end of the series.

Two concurrent Batman film series will not happen.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Matt Reeves won't be allowed to hold up the shared universe.

Either he agrees to include his Batman or it gets canned and rebooted.

We know Reeves wont agree so it's over after the second flick :yeshrug:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
They don't need to do all of that.

They'll just can Matt Reeves Batman after the sequel and introduce a new Batman that can go with the new Superman around 2027/2028

The Batman 2 will be released in 2025.

The new Superman movie will be out around 2026.

The new Batman movie can come out around 2028.
Id be very surprised if gunns superman is not out by the end of ‘24, beginning of ‘25…. No way they launch their universe the year gunns contract runs out in 26.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Id be very surprised if gunns superman is not out by the end of ‘24, beginning of ‘25…. No way they launch their universe the year gunns contract runs out in 26.

It's too late for the movie to come in 2024.

Bit I agree it could be released in 2025.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Breh do you know how long it takes to make a movie? It's 2023 now.. They still writing. They have to cast, get locations, shoot, edit, promote, and have it come out... in TWO years??

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Breh do you know how long it takes to make a movie? It's 2023 now.. They still writing. They have to cast, get locations, shoot, edit, promote, and have it come out... in TWO years??
Yes i understand, i was thinking holiday 2024 or spring 25 (spring 25 more possible). Not sure if he has the script ready, or cast it or has a director attached. I just feel it will be done before the last year of his contract.(granted the 4 year contract is probably a starting point) We will know more by the end of the month. If they start shooting by spring i am hopeful its out in that time. Cavill for example was cast in january 2011, movie came out in may (i think) 2013.