The average wedding now costs 30,000

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
thats why coupkes start out with debt. Student loans,weddings,cars,engagement rings...smh. shyt aint even worth it

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
I'm not spending more marrying a person than I'm spending burying a person

We can use that money to do something together. Buy our first vehicle, or start a life savings together, something, anything but us showboating for other people so they can live vicariously through us for 3 hours or so.

Elope or stay single brehs

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Well, technically if monetary gifts are requested it's supposed to cover the price of the plate. Now, you're telling me you would be okay with a $25 dollar POST-DATED check as a gift and then it bounces on top of that. Also, these cheapskates took out about 12 plates of food as well during the speeches and shyt.

Nah. I've gone to weddings (mostly white ones) where people are giving $150-200 per person. The money is meant to help cover the reception costs if anything. That's the only reason I'd be asking for monetary funds as gifts. fukk a candleholder or toaster oven.

If you would be angry at the person for not bringing you a gift then that's not a person you should invite to your wedding to begin with. While it would be nice to receive money at my wedding, the people I invite don't have to bring shyt if they don't want to. These are folks I really care about and having a night to celebrate with them is what the function is about.

Plus let's be real. The, folks you invited didnt turn cheap overnight. You knew them nikkas were cheap when you invited them. Seriously, who carries plates out of a wedding? Cake can be acceptable but never food.

Doctor Gonzo

Head full of acid
Daps
Plus let's be real. The, folks you invited didnt turn cheap overnight. You knew them nikkas were cheap when you invited them. Seriously, who carries plates out of a wedding? Cake can be acceptable but never food.

:heh: forreal, who thinks that is even acceptable :snoop:

devizelle

Pro
Daps
Reppin
MOCO awl day
The median price is probably the more telling factoid.

Exactly. The big lavish weddings can throw off a mean. The median cost of a wedding is around $15,000. And the $30,000 number comes from a wedding website.

I know yall aren't into critical thinking if it doesn't agree with your position but for anyone interested in understanding where the $30,000 number came from and why it's perpetuated, here's an interesting article.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
thats why coupkes start out with debt. Student loans,weddings,cars,engagement rings...smh. shyt aint even worth it

If couples are going into debt for that stuff, that's on them. Everything you listed can be paid for using cash.

:heh: forreal, who thinks that is even acceptable :snoop:

nikkas. And I know plenty of them and if I ever got married I already know what's going down but I ain't' doing no tripping because its all paid for. As long as everyone eats before they start going for seconds and taking plates home, I'm good. I'm not going to ruin my day monitoring people who do what they do best.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Exactly. The big lavish weddings can throw off a mean. The median cost of a wedding is around $15,000. And the $30,000 number comes from a wedding website.

I know yall aren't into critical thinking if it doesn't agree with your position but for anyone interested in understanding where the $30,000 number came from and why it's perpetuated, here's an interesting article.
True

@His_Excellence_Reincar was known to do that, on :hamster:, but; it looks like [magic]he's back![/johnson] :huh:

But, Slate does have a feminism, liberal leaning--atleast the articles I've read overtime

Also; when the avr American household only makes 32k per yr, spending 47% of your salary is ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Basically the chick you marry better come from a good family that makes money and follows the tradition of her parents paying.

Or you two could set a budget and save the money up as an couple. May mean a longer engagement but it's better than debt.