The average wedding now costs 30,000

Daps
My mom gets mad because I said I want a city hall ceremony.

I dont want the dress, annoying family members, the stress. I'll use $5000 on a trip for the husband and I. The reception will be at an all you can eat, super casual and laid back. :manny:

My mom spent almost 20k and only received 5k in money as gifts. Cheap ass mofos on my stepdad's side.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
:heh:

This

I always ask women if they would rather get that loot put up for a crib or spend it on a wedding and start off the marriage struggling... The responses are hilarious most of the time.

Marriage has become a disgusting money drain from beginning to end.

I always say if you can get. Broad to marry you with a prenup and at city hall :noah:

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta

Wife and I didn't do no big wedding though

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
My GF plans weddings as a side hustle. She can do some real nice looking shyt and the most it has ever come to was 15k. Actually the nicest one I've been to that she planned was 8k. So I already know when we tie the knot Our pockets aren't getting hit for 30k.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:what: no time soon:pachaha:

Im single

LMAO!! I was about to ask for that invite. I like incense.

My mom gets mad because I said I want a city hall ceremony.

I dont want the dress, annoying family members, the stress. I'll use $5000 on a trip for the husband and I. The reception will be at an all you can eat, super casual and laid back. :manny:

My mom spent almost 20k and only received 5k in money as gifts. Cheap ass mofos on my stepdad's side.

A wedding is not about recouping costs. Is it? I wouldn't care if I didn't get any gifts because I would just want to celebrate with my fam/friends.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
My wedding didn't break the bank. Had the wedding and reception at a hotel ballroom/banquet room. and it wasn't downtown, so it wasn't a high priced location.

wife's aunt made the dress (she's a seamstress), our god daughter's mother was the preacher. didn't go on a honeymoon (was starting a new job the next week at the time) my cousin is a DJ, and we didn't have extravagant rings.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My GF plans weddings as a side hustle. She can do some real nice looking shyt and the most it has ever come to was 15k. Actually the nicest one I've been to that she planned was 8k. So I already know when we tie the knot I our pockets aren't getting hit for 30k.

TLC used to have this show where couples could only spend $5000 on a wedding. It was great. The couples would win prizes that didn't affect the budget like a photographer or cake but most everything else was covered in the $5000. I agree with you that $15k is sufficient as a max and that's with having at least $5000 in contingency.

Daps
LMAO!! I was about to ask for that invite. I like incense.

A wedding is not about recouping costs. Is it? I wouldn't care if I didn't get any gifts because I would just want to celebrate with my fam/friends.

Well, technically if monetary gifts are requested it's supposed to cover the price of the plate. Now, you're telling me you would be okay with a $25 dollar POST-DATED check as a gift and then it bounces on top of that. Also, these cheapskates took out about 12 plates of food as well during the speeches and shyt.

Nah. I've gone to weddings (mostly white ones) where people are giving $150-200 per person. The money is meant to help cover the reception costs if anything. That's the only reason I'd be asking for monetary funds as gifts. fukk a candleholder or toaster oven.

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
im still single but eventually in the future i can see myself getting married...in the meantime i am tryin to make as many powerful jewish friends as possible so when it's time to tie the knott they will all be flooded with invites...

my future total costs for my wedding will actually be in the positives :win:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well, technically if monetary gifts are requested it's supposed to cover the price of the plate. Now, you're telling me you would be okay with a $25 dollar POST-DATED check as a gift and then it bounces on top of that. Also, these cheapskates took out about 12 plates of food as well during the speeches and shyt.

Nah. I've gone to weddings (mostly white ones) where people are giving $150-200 per person. The money is meant to help cover the reception costs if anything. That's the only reason I'd be asking for monetary funds as gifts. fukk a candleholder or toaster oven.

I wouldn't REQUIRE gifts though and I wouldn't be mad if I didn't receive any. I don't' think you should look for your guests to recoup costs. If you ask for monetary gifts (which is tacky as fukk, imo) then you get what you get. Everyone doesn't have it.

Daps
I wouldn't REQUIRE gifts though and I wouldn't be mad if I didn't receive any. I don't' think you should look for your guests to recoup costs. If you ask for monetary gifts (which is tacky as fukk, imo) then you get what you get. Everyone doesn't have it.

Well, that's your opinion man and THAT WAS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF THE CHEAPSKATES YOU ENCOUNTER AT WEDDINGS. People have different ways of doing their weddings and that's mine. I don't care if it's tacky or not, it's my wedding. :manny: lol.

I just don't want a friggin reception. Let them paay for their own dinner, no gifts or money gifts. If they don't want to pay for their meal, probably someone I wouldn't want at my reception anyways.

Edit: No hostility, my post just seems hostile.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well, that's your opinion man and THAT WAS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF THE CHEAPSKATES YOU ENCOUNTER AT WEDDINGS. People have different ways of doing their weddings and that's mine. I don't care if it's tacky or not, it's my wedding. :manny: lol.

I just don't want a friggin reception. Let them paay for their own dinner, no gifts or money gifts. If they don't want to pay for their meal, probably someone I wouldn't want at my reception anyways.

Don't worry about your tone, we are sharing opinions. I'm not going to take offense.

But why would you not be prepared to feed your guests...on your dime...at your wedding? Like why are you so against feeding others? Why do you think they should pay anything to be apart of YOUR special day LOL?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

Shut up