The "Arrow" Season 4 DISCUSSION Thread

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
I can't wait for a season 5 synopsis so I can know whether or not I'm done with this show.
I havent watched this show in like 3 weeks. Falling off around the nba playoffs is a bad combo
Honestly for me to care for season 5 i would need felicity to die a greusome death:feedme:
And slade back to fulfill his promise:banderas:
Arrow desperately need the A team writers from season 1&2 instead of this cvs brand of writers:scusthov:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dahrk:old: reprise his Mortal Kombat role:flabbynsick: ****'s Wargame straight-to-DVD ETHER:pachaha: As if Flabbrow's in any room to throw shots:stopitslime: Throw Smoaks Clan:thumbsdown: in the bushes:birdman: Lance on Chill Mode:ehh: Struggle Island Flashback's O/82:russell: In Outer Limits broad daylight:duck:, Oli/Dig runnin around in costumes:heh: Anarky multiple passes for Thea:lupe: Speedy's accurate explosive hit:banderas: About time Mayor HAWG got:yeshrug: put on that Summer Jam Screen:win: Glades dismantled again:dead: Malcolm would be proud:smugbiden: Season Finale's next to end our misery:blessed: Felicity's nuke head better get her tried as a Mass-Murderer:ufdup: like Moira:rip: did in Season 2, tho:francis:

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
For folks hoping Megalyn E.K. comes back to "Arrow", "The Flash", or even becoming part of the regular cast on "Legends of Tomorrow":as Vixen/Mara:

:sadcam:
They need to cancel Arrow and make a Birds of Prey show with Nyssa, Vixen, LaureL, Speedy and Crippled Felicity.

Wait, Fly-Ass-Nyssa's occupied, Bawse Ladies:rip: gone, and Vixen got another job:to:

...I don't care, if Dig-L or Thea's (yeah she won me over as fan) is in that grave:ohlawd:

I'm throwing Arrow in the bushes:birdman:

Something must be going on with Arrow this show is getting gutted left and right...

What do you mean, unless I missed something it's only Vixen and Nyssa who are joining other shows. It's not exactly like they were main characters in the first place. They were always guest stars.

Outside of characters leaving on Arrow or LOT, I don't think Vixen would have worked anyways as both shows are crowded enough an the moment and I think Nyssa's storyline we pretty much wrapped up after she shut down the League of Assassins.

So Megalyn was onstage at The CW's Upfronts press conference yesterday:

tumblr_o7fydhiN071tqgy8to1_540.png

tumblr_o7fydhiN071tqgy8to2_1280.png

:lupe: She coming back?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Arrow hit a series low again, this time falling under 2 million viewers.

And the writer from Forbes shyts on it something serious:

'Arrow' Is Such A Hot Mess, Can Anything Save It Now?

Oh Arrow. What’s happened to you? What have you become?

Last week Team Arrow let a nuclear bomb touch down on American soil, killing tens of thousands of people. This week, our heroes crack jokes and deal with daddy issues.

Oh, and yet another massive disaster takes place when HIVE’s underground sanctuary goes kaput.

It’s not that this episode, taken on its own, was the worst ever. There have been worse ones, believe me. It’s just that the show can’t muster any heart anymore. Sure, Felicity is a bit teary about the most devastating attack on American soil in the history of everything, but by and large people are all fine. Her long-estranged parents are bickering as though the only thing that matters is their crap and Felicity’s relationship to them. Curtis is jolly even though he “can’t stop watching” the news.

This is jarring. It’s a dissonance between the reality created by the show and the behavior and actions of the show’s characters so stark and implausible that I just…I just can’t. I just can’t even.

Good lord, I’ve never written those words before, and even doing it ironically makes me question my judgment here. Why am I still watching Arrow? Has it just become a job? Just a chore? Just a…test of my willingness to endure stupidity and terrible writing.

And it’s more than just bad writing. The acting seems more and more phoned in. Even the editing feels sloppy and rushed. It’s as if everyone involved, or nearly everyone, has realized just how absurd this is all becoming.

I miss the days when this show had really great fight scenes. I kind of drift off during them now. Go rewatch some of the early fights when it was just Oliver going in and taking down a dozen dudes by himself. There was so much more attention to detail.

If there isn’t a Flash Point or some kind of “turn back time” universe-altering event in the season finale of this show and/or The Flash, I don’t think there’s any salvaging this hot mess. Now that Supergirl is coming to the CW (gulp) the timing has never been better for wiping the slate clean. And hey, even if it’s a cop-out move, it still might be the best move.

Starting over isn’t enough. Arrow needs fresh ideas. It needs new people to guide it, and new, more critical minds to address its flaws and bring out its strengths. This show still has potential. I’m not sure it can be saved, but I hope it is.

In any case, we’re all set up for the season finale. I’m not sure what to expect, but my hopes aren’t exactly high.

Read More: 'Arrow' Is Such A Hot Mess, Can Anything Save It Now?

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Arrow hit a series low again, this time falling under 2 million viewers.

And the writer from Forbes shyts on it something serious:

'Arrow' Is Such A Hot Mess, Can Anything Save It Now?
I havent watched this show in 3 weeks. But they let a nuke go off :dwillhuh:
But that guy pretty much nails whata wrong with the show. Its not only felicity fukking things up. The fight scenes look lazy as hell. The flashbacks have been useless
The show shouldve ended when raw al ghoul sparta kicked ollie off that mountain :mjcry:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Arrow will get a minimum of 6 seasons. After that when contracts are up is when we will see some changes. Until then, hope for the best :francis:

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Need to fire the writers of the show. It has fallen off since they forced fed the viewers with Ollicity storylines. Then you have Malcolm who has became a filler. He doesn't add anything in the show since he had has hand cut off. :upsetfavre: The Black Canary in this season was done in poor taste. Beside Ollie,Felicity has been getting more shine than anybody else in the show, more shine than Darkh. :scust:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Need to fire the writers of the show. It has fallen off since they forced fed the viewers with Ollicity storylines. Then you have Malcolm who has became a filler. He doesn't add anything in the show since he had has hand cut off. :upsetfavre: The Black Canary in this season was done in poor taste. Beside Ollie,Felicity has been getting more shine than anybody else in the show, more shine than Darkh. :scust:

Cuz the writers for the first 2 seasons went to flash :to:

Damn talk about a difference maker