The "Arrow" Season 4 DISCUSSION Thread

Kd35brah

All Star
Daps
:laff: I didn't watch the ep. I'm just in it for the reactions.

Has the show fallen off harder than Smallville, brehs?
I haven't watched it since the 3rd episode of this season.

Flash might take a nosedive after season 2 as well. CW is fukking retarded, fukk them. DC needs to get the fukk away from them.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Ayo, I'm surprised at the strong reaction here. I haven't read through all the posts, but are people upset that Laurel is gone or that the writers are hinting that Felicity will take her place as Black Canary?

I was shocked to see her taken out, but Laurel has been written poorly for most of the show's run and her transformation into the Black Canary wasn't the best. Having said that, her death (assuming she stays dead) could have been built up more. When she said she needed Oliver to promise her something, I assumed it would be a fake death thing, but maybe its not :ld:. She was just starting to be decent in the last few episodes.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Y'know, killing the Black Canary on a lark is a stupid move to make for a show about Green Arrow but I could have accepted it if the death had been well executed but the shyt they put on screen last night was just awful.

First you have her die a damsel in distress death and not the hero's death that one would expect from an actual super-hero.

Then they pull the fake out with her making it through surgery and being fine just to set up a final scene between her and Oliver where she spends what amounts to her last breath propping up Olicity and making herself look like a clown by admitting to an unrequited love for a guy who basically spent the bulk of their time knowing one another treating her like dogshyt. No talk about her dad or sister...nope gotta use those dying moments to cheerlead for the fan wank couple that has contributed the most to this show becoming almost unwatchable.:snoop:

And then the odd way the scene transitioned from her asking Oliver to do something for her to her death made it seem like they are doing the fake death thing again even though they aren't.

And every word out of Marc Guggenheim's mouth in the post-show interview just makes it all sound like this show is destined to get a lot worse than it already is.

Q: More than one woman has been Black Canary already. Is the title and the costume up for grabs?

Guggenheim: I don’t know if I’d say up for grabs. I haven’t even had a chance to discuss this with Wendy or with Greg [Berlanti]. Like you said, it’s a mantle that multiple people have had. We’ll play with that notion in episode 19. I personally like the idea that in DC Comics, all the comics, they all have the concept of legacy in them. We’ve seen on “Legends” that someone picks up Oliver Queen’s mantle, for example. We’re in that world but we lean into it pretty strongly in 19 but that doesn’t always mean that the person is a hero. 19 is the answer to that question.
:martin:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
:mjcry::mjcry: R.I.P. Laurel. Sucks that she went out that way. With that being said, I'm probably the only one excited about what comes next from this. I think that this where the show takes a really "Dhark" turn.:russ: Maybe it'll go back to Season 1/2 type drama. On top of that, Sara is going to eventually find out what happened to Laurel so I'm looking to see what type of havoc she will cause. Overall, I'm not mad that she was killed off as it is a major game changer. I'm just hoping the aftermath of this will be good.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:mjcry::mjcry: R.I.P. Laurel. Sucks that she went out that way. With that being said, I'm probably the only one excited about what comes next from this. I think that this where the show takes a really "Dhark" turn.:russ: Maybe it'll go back to Season 1/2 type drama. On top of that, Sara is going to eventually find out what happened to Laurel so I'm looking to see what type of havoc she will cause. Overall, I'm not mad that she was killed off as it is a major game changer. I'm just hoping the aftermath of this will be good.
Sara finds out on LOT but haven't read anything about her making an appearance on Arrow.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How many times Merylin:evil: gon put Thea:damn: on that Summer Jam Screen: VULGAR:huhldup: Dig-L BrotherLy L came fuLL circLe:mjcry: Chilligan's Island Lockhead rock:patrice: gave Dahrk back his ETHER hands:ehh: Just when Laurel:rip: legitamized her team membership:dwillhuh:, they end her chapter:francis: Black canary suit isn't body-armour proof:lupe: SomeBODY give Lance heart a defibrillator:to: Almost went an episode without Felicity:beli: Will Flabbrow finally return to the vigilante that kills:ufdup:, now that he got another loved-one murked, tho:birdman:

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I do have to admit, this was the closest we gotten a Season 1 Ollie

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
:wow:So ollie survived getting a sword to the chest and getting kicked off a mountain :francis:
But laurel dies from an arrow to the gut:francis:

Felicity survived a drive by..... a drive by breh.

Andy bytch ass just survived an arrow earlier in the episode. They was acting like that shyt was an everyday occurrence.

I mean they really had her tell Ollie she hopes he gets back with Felicity for her final words. Like are you fukking serious with this bullshyt :beli:

Literally the most disgusting part of this whole series run. Couldn't let her just talk to her dad and say goodbye. The same dad who has lost one daughter twice in this series and never got to say goodbye. Had to just have her make Felicity seem even more perfect.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Man thats my hope too. I actually liked this episode because it felt as dark as a season 1 episode. My hope is that they take this show back to that level with arrow not giving any fukks anymore. Thea gets her rage back, and digL and his brother start hunting each other on some cane vs able stuff. And they end this season with darhk catching some hot arrows to the throat :birdman:
And than somebody from hive breaks slade wilson out and gives him a new and improved mirakuru :banderas:

But if felicity becomes black canary, outside of slade coming back I'll officially be done with this show:camby: