The Arab African slave trade the untold truth.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

Just seen this on reddit, but haven't seen it. Will try to check it out.

According to the reddit title it lasted longer and was more brutal than the translation slave trade.

All Star
Daps
Never learned about this college or school. This is completely left out of curriculums. But yeah their slave trade was just as bad as the transalantic.
I see a lot of "CAC" hatred on the coli but Arabs deserve just as much disdain IMO.

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
It did last longer, and has been purposely understudied. It began before the transatlantic trade as well.

In Somalia the Bantu aka 'jareer' were still treated like slaves probably until the not so distant past.

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Never learned about this college or school. This is completely left out of curriculums. But yeah their slave trade was just as bad as the transalantic.
I see a lot of "CAC" hatred on the coli but Arabs deserve just as much disdain IMO.
No, use your brain. The specific groups that carried this out are the ones that 'deserve disdain', whether historically or currently. Tarring all whites and Arabs, on a universal scale, with crimes of ancestors related to them only by vague ethnic markers, is of course completely retarded.

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Then why are Africans marginalized in Arab countries and taunted with racial epithets like "abeed?"
A lot of aspects of Arab culture are fukked up, and if anything its a lot harder to defend them as a group, than it is whites, but in both cases its not right to tar entire 'groups' with a dirty brush. The racism in Arab countries is bad but then at the same time there's a lot of successful blacks living and enjoying life over there.

generic-username

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
The reason why you do not learn about the Arab slave trade in Western schools is because it did not have the profound effect the Trans Atlantic slave trade had in shaping Western culture and also World History is not taught in such an in depth manner unless you are a History major in college.

All Star
Daps
No, use your brain. The specific groups that carried this out are the ones that 'deserve disdain', whether historically or currently. Tarring all whites and Arabs, on a universal scale, with crimes of ancestors related to them only by vague ethnic markers, is of course completely retarded.
FOH You're acting like this actually had to be said. Obviously no goes around hating every single white or Arab. What I'm saying is the same way whites are taken to task, Arabs should be as well BC they're guilty of the same shyt.

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
I live in England and many times over the years I have discussed these issues whether with Arab work colleagues or acquaintances and they have always shown understanding and acceptance of the darker sides of Arab history.

If you are discussing these issues with uneducated people then obviously you will get ignorant and uneducated responses

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Although, this summer I was at work, and I got into a conversation with a Yemeni girl and an Iraq girl. The Yemeni girl was completely shocked and appalled by me pointing out the reality of Arab historic and current mistreatment of blacks on the basis of skin colour, and the Iraqi girl started trying to push the conversation towards arab mistreatment of other groups like south east Asians especially.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
A lot of aspects of Arab culture are fukked up, and if anything its a lot harder to defend them as a group, than it is whites, but in both cases its not right to tar entire 'groups' with a dirty brush. The racism in Arab countries is bad but then at the same time there's a lot of successful blacks living and enjoying life over there.

Why is not right to brush entire groups with the same brush? Historically every other group has done the same to black people and they're winning. The only other not to do this was the Natives and they are near extinct.

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
Yup , for 700 some years and guess what? These people own most of the corner stores in our neighborhoods, while we patronize them. They also flirt with young teenage black girls and we do nothing about any of it. Smh

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Why is not right to brush entire groups with the same brush? Historically every other group has done the same to black people and they're winning. The only other not to do this was the Natives and they are near extinct.
Lol. Who is they? Who exactly is winning and losing? Is everyone from the winning side a winner?