The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

Daps
HF's are still in the same position they were before. They still haven't covered and their potential exposure is getting worse every day.

They could stall for a long time without margin calls, but they're paying millions and billions everyday to avoid covering and causing the MOASS. I think they've gone full Kamikaze like the Japanese during the late stages of WW2. They'll be financially ruined trying to cover even now so there's no point in conceding the game. Just keep stalling and hope something happens. Problem is that no one is going to sell, certainly not for a low price.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Spent millions just to drop the price 30 cents

9-CAE46-EE-1-B64-4673-AB24-C8038-F5-E7-AE2.webp

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
HF's are still in the same position they were before. They still haven't covered and their potential exposure is getting worse every day.

They could stall for a long time without margin calls, but they're paying millions and billions everyday to avoid covering and causing the MOASS. I think they've gone full Kamikaze like the Japanese during the late stages of WW2. They'll be financially ruined trying to cover even now so there's no point in conceding the game. Just keep stalling and hope something happens. Problem is that no one is going to sell, certainly not for a low price.
I think their biggest fear is if the market continues to stay red like today, eventually the smaller hedges will fall causing a domino effect

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t think they will, with the new liquidity checks in place they can’t risk it
If they could afford to let the price shoot up to $100 and play mind games with retail they would...but they can't. These smaller HF's would get crushed at $100 and the domino effect would gas up the rocket.

They are throwing EVERYTHING at suppressing the price from here on out. If you see the price start shooting up its because the pot is bubbling and the lid is starting to fall off.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's likely their next strategy in my opinion

I still think they gonna let it jump a little to 60 and 70. To get folks to sell and also get folks to buy.

Folks have hedgers wrong. They just don't buy stocks at low prices. They also sell stocks at high prices. So yes they will buy stock at 35 dollars. But they also want to sell some of that same stock at 60 dollars.

They make money both ways. And other hedgers do that too. So yes citadel may want the price to go down so they can buy the stock. But also another hedge firm is waiting to swoop in and buy some stock at 35 bucks. So there is a constant back and forth in this situation.

This was talked about after the government stopped the hedgers from doing crazy after market attacks on GME.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
I think their biggest fear is if the market continues to stay red like today, eventually the smaller hedges will fall causing a domino effect

If they could afford to let the price shoot up to $100 and play mind games with retail they would...but they can't. These smaller HF's would get crushed at $100 and the domino effect would gas up the rocket.

They are throwing EVERYTHING at suppressing the price from here on out. If you see the price start shooting up its because the pot is bubbling and the lid is starting to fall off.

Question...

Hypothetically speaking.. lets say the smaller hedge funds start to feel the pressure.. whats to stop them to selling whatever amount of shares that they do have, for above market value.. through the dark pool.. to the larger hedgies? To help them cover some, and offset the hit they're gonna take?

Does that make any sense? Im my head it does. :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Question...

Hypothetically speaking.. lets say the smaller hedge funds start to feel the pressure.. whats to stop them to selling whatever amount of shares that they do have, for above market value.. through the dark pool.. to the larger hedgies? To help them cover some, and offset the hit they're gonna take?

Does that make any sense? Im my head it does. :yeshrug:

they have 4 billion naked shares to cover, that would be a drop in the bucket