The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

Daps
I've been lightly watching the markets to give my head a rest
I see we're still stuck in 36-38
but a lot of stuff is going on with the sec so that's good
Seems like the DRS movement may force the SEC’s hand.

giphy.gif

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
What works our favor is that someone is going to have to help fund the infrastructure bill and it sure isn't going to be the 1%. Those big businesses and corporations are already griping and complaining about what's in the bill and how they'll end up paying more.

Therefore, the taxes from AMC and GME popping would help solve that problem.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What works our favor is that someone is going to have to help fund the infrastructure bill and it sure isn't going to be the 1%. Those big businesses and corporations are already griping and complaining about what's in the bill and how they'll end up paying more.

Therefore, the taxes from AMC and GME popping would help solve that problem.

That definitely makes sense to me if I was in position I’d force it if I could. Why wouldn’t I. And I know I need to do it before the end of the year I’d prefer to get it done before the holidays.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That definitely makes sense to me if I was in position I’d force it if I could. Why wouldn’t I. And I know I need to do it before the end of the year I’d prefer to get it done before the holidays.

You can tell that they're desperate to scrap up the money for the bill as they insist on coming up with these wacky provisions and laws that everyone including the IRS is complaining about.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, every brokerage but Fidelity is dragging their feet on transferring retail investors’ shares to Computershare, some like TD Ameritrade saying it could take 8 to 12 weeks.

:why:

This gives every indication that most of these firms haven’t even purchased the shares for investors, merely giving them cash and marking them as “owners” of the stock they purchased a position in.

I think this may be what triggers the squeeze. This is absolutely insane and reveals how much of a charade Wall Street is. It’s no more than a well orchestrated, government sanctioned ponzi scheme, one that could have continued operating without anyone noticing were it not for a few million investors deciding to park their money in GME and AMC.

DRS is forcing brokerages to purchase the stock. Now, these purchases could affect the price significantly, almost generating its own kind of squeeze. Or, since these companies all seem to be conspiring together, they may push them through the dark pool so the price remains suppressed.

But, even if they push these through the dark pool, they still have to buy them with cash. The more people DRS, the more expensive this will get for brokerages. This would be a repeat of Robinhood’s January margin call applied to multiple companies. TD, E Trade (which I’m on), We Bull, Charles Schwabb, WeBull…

This could very well compel intervention by the SEC and government because of the sheer scope of this event.

:francis:
So fidelity is the only non crooked one? I heard those TD Ameritrade stories on Reddit, that’s crazy a legit broker like that is scamming like that

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I wouldn’t be shocked if they are attempting their own squeeze of sorts. Kicking the can down the road long enough that holidays hit. I wonder if they hope people will get tired of waiting and start selling around the holidays since money gets tight for a lot of people around that time.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I wouldn’t be shocked if they are attempting their own squeeze of sorts. Kicking the can down the road long enough that holidays hit. I wonder if they hope people will get tired of waiting and start selling around the holidays since money gets tight for a lot of people around that time.

government wants them short term gains. Those OG Apes been in it since December 2020 when my ass was considering dropping a few racks that time but hesitated like a bytch

08bd3961955906475279ebe3e66406bb.gif