The age of consent should not be left to the state to decide

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
Why am i naive? 16 yr olds aren't dumb, they're not getting with some 60 yr old man.

Also what you fail to realize is that the parents can reject that dynamic. This boogie man you keep bringing up only happens in extremely rare circumstances. There's no epidemic of older men dating 16 yr olds.

Really 18 is the actual age of consent in all 50 states when you take into account the parents involvement.

I can't argue against this. And most parents would be protective. However if you're gonna say 16, we can include 17 - 23 if the relationship involves a 27+ yr old

But looking at the world, 16 is where things currently lie. And I'd argue the parents can still deny that relationship in most countries.
Yeah man i definitely feel the same way be it 17, 18, 23. I start relaxing it at like 25 tbh. A ten year advantage is a ten year advantage but by 25 either u got a firm grip on how people are if u have an interest in dating/relationships or u need to learn period. And enough life wisdom to watch out for urself.

In any case u gotta let them leave the nest and make their mistakes sooner or later.

25 is also about when they say the adult brain is fully developed so theres that too.

And most older men are only going to be looking for one thing from a 16 year old. No grown man will take one any more serious than a grown woman will take a 16 year old kid.

Im also pretty sure its a cut off for 16 year olds being considered legal. Like i think if u 20 or 21 or over and try that u still looking at catching a charge. i could be wrong but i think thats the way it works in pa.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Yeah man i definitely feel the same way be it 17, 18, 23. I start relaxing it at like 25 tbh. A ten year advantage is a ten year advantage but by 25 either u got a firm grip on how people are if u have an interest in dating/relationships or u need to learn period. And enough life wisdom to watch out for urself.

In any case u gotta let them leave the nest and make there mistakes sooner or later.

25 is also about when they say the adult brain is fully developed so theres that too.

And most older men are only going to be looking for one thing from a 16 year old. No grown man will take one any more serious than a grown woman will take a 16 year old kid.

Im also pretty sure its a cut off for 16 year olds being considered legal. Like i think if u 20 or 21 or over and try that u still looking at catching a charge. i could be wrong but it think thats the way it works in pa.

I would be for it being 18 across the board, but what @BBG doesnt mention is 18 year olds can also be manipulated.

At that point you're opening a can of worms. What's next, setting different thresholds on who can smash who past the age of 18? The brain development of 25 is a tired argument

I have faith in educated Governments making the right decisions vs. coli brehs :hubie:

BBG

Superstar
Daps
I would be for it being 18 across the board, but what @BBG doesnt mention is 18 year olds can also be manipulated.

At that point you're opening a can of worms. What's next, setting different thresholds on who can smash who past the age of 18? The brain development of 25 is a tired argument

I have faith in educated Governments making the right decisions vs. coli brehs :hubie:

You prove yourself to be out of your depth with every post you make. Do you understand how many trash laws have been made and eventually overturned by these "educated governments" :dahell: you truly are a model citizen; pay your taxes and stay out of the government's business.

Except in a democracy, the government IS your business. These people elected to office hold no greater moral compass than you do. Imagine making such a ridiculous statement after Donald J. Trump was elected to be COMMANDER IN CHIEF and in play to assume the position once more. You've gotta be kidding me.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
You prove yourself to be out of your depth with every post you make. Do you understand how many trash laws have been made and eventually overturned by these "educated governments" :dahell: you truly are a model citizen; pay your taxes and stay out of the government's business.

Except in a democracy, the government IS your business. These people elected to office hold no greater moral compass than you do. Imagine making such a ridiculous statement after Donald J. Trump was elected to be COMMANDER IN CHIEF and in play to assume the position once more. You've gotta be kidding me.

I'm not talking just the U.S. government though, I'm talking educated Governments worldwide. Western and European