The age of consent should not be left to the state to decide

BBG

Superstar
Daps
"legal" or not, someone over 18 come for my 16 year old loved one, u getting a stomp in the gut for every year over 18 u have over her. Goes for female predators as well. Leave my children the fukk alone!:ufdup:

ill eat the assault charge :demonic:
I mean I agree, but that's not the point. Why is it legal in the first damn place is the question.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Most of Europe and I think a lot of Africa the age of consent of 16. You're not clueless at that age, if you are, then you got other problems.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Most of Europe and I think a lot of Africa the age of consent of 16. You're not clueless at that age, if you are, then you got other problems.
If you're a 16 year old coming from welfare and section 8, having a 58 year old sugar daddy might seem like a great idea.

Were you interested in the psychological ramifications behind having sex for financial gain at 16? Speaking for myself, I know damn well I didn't give a fukk about how losing my virginity to a thot would shape my perception of all women for years to come.

You are quite literally taking the stance of "hold your own vagina :yeshrug: " and directing it at minors. That's insane, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you may not have looked at it that way.

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
I mean I agree, but that's not the point. Why is it legal in the first damn place is the question.
It shouldnt be. Age of consent should be anywhere from 21 up to 24 with a 2 year age difference cut off. Thats my opinion. Legal or not my fam im enforcing my own castle doctrine.

And dem stomps double up once we hit 30 years old :ufdup:

• Dap
Reactions: BBG

Veteran
Daps
If you're a 16 year old coming from welfare and section 8, having a 58 year old sugar daddy might seem like a great idea.

Were you interested in the psychological ramifications behind having sex for financial gain at 16? Speaking for myself, I know damn well I didn't give a fukk about how losing my virginity to a thot would shape my perception of all women for years to come.

You are quite literally taking the stance of "hold your own vagina :yeshrug: " and directing it at minors. That's insane, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you may not have looked at it that way.

No. 16 year olds have a good idea of what goes on in the world unless they're sheltered. That's why the dynamic you speak of is nil to none. Thats why they can be charged as adults for murder.

16 yr olds aren't stupid.

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
No. 16 year olds have a good idea of what goes on in the world unless they're sheltered. That's the basis of the argument
Thats just the thing though. Maturity and brain development does not adhere to an arbitrary number.

At 14 i was living that kid gohan life fam. Literally had to stand on my own with one og behind the scenes doing what he could to give me just enough tools to survive. By 16 i was knocking down aunties many of whom probably didnt even assume i was underage. i mean what kid lives the life i was?

But i was still a kid. I didnt reach full maturity, or what passes for it well into my twenties.

Point is some kids may seem "grown" but in many ways rarely even visible to the naked eye we still kids.

These laws both here and abroad were designed so those in power could take younger, "purer" wives and concubines.

Even if a 16 year old is "mature for his or her age" that just shows they was robbed of that innocence. Usually a lot of the time we off living the grown life deep down we envy the "sheltered" ones.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
You cheesin fam
hqdefault.jpg

Veteran
Daps
Thats just the thing though. Maturity and brain development does not adhere to an arbitrary number.

At 14 i was living that kid gohan life fam. Literally had to stand on my own with one og behind the scenes doing what he could to give me just enough tools to survive. By 16 i was knocking down aunties many of whom probably didnt even assume i was underage. i mean what kid lives the life i was?

But i was still a kid. I didnt reach full maturity, or what passes for it well into my twenties.

Point is some kids may seem "grown" but in many ways rarely even visible to the naked eye we still kids.

These laws both here and abroad were designed so those in power could take younger, "purer" wives and concubines.

Even if a 16 year old is "mature for his or her age" that just shows they was robbed of that innocence. Usually a lot of the time we off living the grown life deep down we envy the "sheltered" ones.

A 16 yr old can be tried as adult for murder, rape, armed robbery, etc. Or should we let them off with a misdemeanor because their brain isn't fully developed?

Outside of hollywood, I've never seen the dynamic of a 16 yr old with an old ass man. They aren't naive. And shyt like that never crosses my mind

BBG

Superstar
Daps
A 16 yr old can be tried as adult for murder, rape, armed robbery, etc. Or should we let them off with a misdemeanor because their brain isn't fully developed?

Outside of hollywood, I've never seen the dynamic of a 16 yr old with an old ass man. They aren't naive. And shyt like that never crosses my mind
You're embarrassingly naive. I met a woman who was a full on prostitute by 13. Her first child was a result of this occupation and because her parents were fukked up they forced her to go through with the pregnancy to "teach her a lesson". She of course couldn't get the guy in legal trouble because she had no idea which of her tricks got her pregnant.

I understand it's easier to pretend these cases are some sort of anomaly than to face the horrorifying reality of many children's everyday life but just because you don't realize it's happening doesn't mean it isn't. People don't believe in the power of raising awareness, but it's actually one of the strongest catalysts of change.

Sorry this isn't a light-hearted mjlol TLR thread breh

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps

At 18 they can go fight and die "for their country" but can not legally drink or even smoke these days. None of these laws make any sense when u stop to think about them. Because they werent meant to serve or protect the people.

And 16 years old is certainly an age of reason. We all know and understand the consequences of taking a life. But at 16 being in a relationship with say a 25 year old, they have the clear upper hand. They have at least 7 years of experience in the adult world. The dynamic is highly imbalanced. It makes them easy prey and predators know this. Its why if they come near my young i have to go into protect mode.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
The problem with this conversation is people don't really know what they are arguing.
And it's happening right now in this thread.

Are you arguing teenagers are too young to have sex?
Or are you arguing teenagers are too young to have sex with older people?

You can't be arguing teenagers are too young to have sex because no one seems to care if they have sex with people the same age.
The average age that people lose their virginity is like 16.

So our problem is the age of the person they have sex with...

We need to take emotion and being irrational out of it and ask ourselves an honest question.
if in our culture teen sex is normal, why does the age of the person that they want to have sex with matter?
And again if we are being honest, it only seems to matter when it comes to girls, not boys.

Either we're saying teenagers are mentally not ready to have sex at all, with anyone. No matter the age.
And also, because of them not being mentally mature, they shouldn't be tried as adults in court...
No matter if they kill 5 people.
Then cool. I'm all for it.

Or we're saying we should look at every situation of a underage person having sex on a case by case basis, and judge the case on the specifics of it.
And do the same thing with a minor potentially being tried as an adult.
I'm cool with that too.

But it cant be how it is now. Because it allows for bias and inconsistencies, that may favor a race or gender

Last edited:

Veteran
Daps
You're embarrassingly naive. I met a woman who was a full on prostitute by 13. Her first child was a result of this occupation and because her parents were fukked up they forced her to go through with the pregnancy to "teach her a lesson". She of course couldn't get the guy in legal trouble because she had no idea which of her tricks got her pregnant.

I understand it's easier to pretend these cases are some sort of anomaly than to face the horrorifying reality of many children's everyday life but just because you don't realize it's happening doesn't mean it isn't. People don't believe in the power of raising awareness, but it's actually one of the strongest catalysts of change.

Sorry this isn't a light-hearted mjlol TLR thread breh

Why am i naive? 16 yr olds aren't dumb, they're not getting with some 60 yr old man.

Also what you fail to realize is that the parents can reject that dynamic. This boogie man you keep bringing up only happens in extremely rare circumstances. There's no epidemic of older men dating 16 yr olds.

Really 18 is the actual age of consent in all 50 states when you take into account the parents involvement.

At 18 they can go fight and die "for their country" but can not legally drink or even smoke these days. None of these laws make any sense when u stop to think about them. Because they werent meant to serve or protect the people.

And 16 years old is certainly an age of reason. We all know and understand the consequences of taking a life. But at 16 being in a relationship with say a 25 year old, they have the clear upper hand. They have at least 7 years of experience in the adult world. The dynamic is highly imbalanced. It makes them easy prey and predators know this. Its why if they come near my young i have to go into protect mode.

I can't argue against this. And most parents would be protective. However if you're gonna say 16, we can include 17 - 23 if the relationship involves a 27+ yr old

But looking at the world, 16 is where things currently lie. And I'd argue the parents can still deny that relationship in most countries.

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
A 43 year old man having sex with a 16 year old in Oklahoma or Kansas? :manny:

A 20 year old having sex with a 17 year old in Florida? You're going to jail bucko!

shyt is dumb and makes no sense. Its really amazing how awful our legal system is the more you think about it yet people fall victim to it or get off free when they should be thrown under the jail every day. How united are we really if you can just drive your underage girlfriend to some bumfukk state and blow a minor's back out with no problem? I mean seriously, what the fukk? As someone who has to raise a child in this bullshyt I'm utterly appalled at the dumb shyt.

Don't get me started on the strip clubs that won't let you in if you're under 21 but will allow you to work there as a literal stripper at 18. And of course the die hard American patriots will just be like "well it's much worse in other parts of the world / if you don't like it MOVE :pacspit: " just flat out disgusting, I might have to look into quality of life for nikkas living in Canada
Should make it 25. Too many irresponsible and dumb people have kids at a young age. Teens -early 20s is too early