Essential The Africa the Media Doesn't Tell You About

Sonni

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Burkina Faso army moves on capital to disarm coup leaders

Military heads in Burkina Faso said on Monday that the West African nation's armed forces were converging in the capital Ouagadougou to disarm the elite presidential guard "without bloodshed".

The 1,200-member unit staged a coup on Wednesday, taking hostage the interim president and members of the government just weeks before Oct. 11 polls meant to restore democracy following last year's overthrow of longtime leader Blaise Compaore.

"We ask them to immediately lay down their arms and go to Camp Sangoule Lamizana," read the statement signed by several military chiefs, referring to a barracks in Ouagadougou.

"They and their families will be protected," it added.

Burkina Faso army moves on capital to disarm coup leaders

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Rwanda relies heavily on foreign aid, are you dudes serious? :mjlol: @Mansa Musa these dudes really eat up the Rwanda/Ethiopia/Kenya narrative pushed by the West.

And if it takes you the same amount of time to industrialize as it did Britain starting from the 1700s when energy, materials, and production processes are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper, quicker, and more readily available then you are inept :pachaha:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Rwanda relies heavily on foreign aid, are you dudes serious? :mjlol: @Mansa Musa these dudes really eat up the Rwanda/Ethiopia/Kenya narrative pushed by the West.

And if it takes you the same amount of time to industrialize as it did Britain starting from the 1700s when energy, materials, and production processes are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper, quicker, and more readily available then you are inept :pachaha:
:aicmon: list the countries that became first world in 50 years

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Also "first world" should not be the goal but "middle income" at a minimum.

Sonni

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
General Zagré, The Chief of Staff of the Armed forces orders the RSP "disarm" and "put themselves under the orders of the Chief of Staff of the armed forces". We might see a battle between the Regiment of Presidential Security which are better trained and equipped than the rest of the army which are more numerous of course. :whoo:

Burkinabese seem unhappy with Ecowas propositions. at least 13 people killed and more than 110 injured. Amnesty for Diendere and RSP, ex-close aides of the former dictator Blaise Compaore being able to run for presidency, ... I can understand them, if he gets away with it these kinda stupid coups will keep happening in Africa.

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM
Fifty, sixty, one hundred years ago we didn't have the same technology that's readily available today, believe one member already hinted at that, why that's not being soaked up I don't know. Biotechnology and 3D printing are making things like bridges and skyscrapers become a walk in the park to build. And as I've alluded to earlier africa has the richest concentration of resources on the planet, good management of the resources alone should put any government on the road to self sufficiency rather quickly.

Let's make it CLEAR we're not talking about streets paved with GOLD and bentleys driving everywhere, we're talking about 24/7 electricity, access to clean water, hospitals and clinics, food security, youth employment et cetera. That shouldn't be too much for an 'educated' government to materialize in half a century with commodities like oil, rubber and uranium at their disposal.

I mean hell if someone's truly that clueless about what's really going on maybe this isn't the right discussion for them.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Fifty, sixty, one hundred years ago we didn't have the same technology that's readily available today, believe one member already hinted at that, why that's not being soaked up I don't know. Biotechnology and 3D printing are making things like bridges and skyscrapers become a walk in the park to build. And as I've alluded to earlier africa has the richest concentration of resources on the planet, good management of the resources alone should put any government on the road to self sufficiency rather quickly.

Let's make it CLEAR we're not talking about streets paved with GOLD and bentleys driving everywhere, we're talking about 24/7 electricity, access to clean water, hospitals and clinics, food security, youth employment et cetera. That shouldn't be too much for an 'educated' government to materialize in half a century with commodities like oil, rubber and uranium at their disposal.

I mean hell if someone's truly that clueless about what's really going on maybe this isn't the right discussion for them.
Can anyone list the nations that followed yall foolproof 50 yr development foolprint :aicmon:ill guve you Singapore :aicmon: