‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Her words, not mine :hubie:

Now compare that to the George Lucas quote that @Soymuscle Mike shared just earlier:

You can tell George Lucas’s third eye opened up when he said this.
Yeah, he made mistakes here and there, but you can see that he was still operating on a totally different level morally, spiritually, and philosophically compared to modern day creators.

Side note: who remembers that time he called Disney a bunch of “white slavers”?

"...doesn't even give her the agency"

W4wg5pE.jpeg

And the phrasing Lucas uses in that interview circles back to an exchange I had with @Ed MOTHERfukkING G over a year ago, re: the nature of Disney -

Disney already told you what it is with a key line:

Let the past die. Kill it if you have to. It's the only way to become who you were meant to be.

Read that several times and truly absorb what that's about. Disney is openly telling you that whatever came before doesn't matter, whatever you loved about Star Wars doesn't matter, they will burn everything you knew to ashes - Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, Boba Fett, Obi Wan, ALL belittled and/or killed off in the most laughably clumsy ways imaginable - just so Disney can have a clear field to use the IP to build from scratch to propagandize people their way. The best way to do that? Don't honour nor cherish what came before, don't even respect it. Kill it so we can substitute ourselves as the authority.

They had to take a hard detour with the shift to streaming and COVID, and very much due to the backlash they've gotten with that goofy sequel trilogy, but make no mistake: their game is still their game.

The one glaring exception is Andor, and that's because Disney wasn't paying attention. Gilroy had a clear field and decided to make a masterpiece when nobody was looking.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Time to keep in a buck.

Star Wars has always been cheesy. The cartoons have always been better.

But it got a pass because of the time in between movies, and it was only 3 trilogies.

Then Disney took it over and basically exposed how cheesy it is by oversaturating the market with it.

Rogue One to this day is the best Star Wars product they've put out, but it gets the least amount of praise. Ironically Andor got one of the best reviews of all the TV shows.

Disney managed to fukk up Marvel and Star Wars :snoop:
I'm starting to think Star Wars just isn't for me.

When all we had was tapes (no Netflix), I loved rewatching my parents' VHS of The Empire Strikes Back.

But if I'm being honest, I haven't genuinely liked another movie until Rogue One. And I can't remember loving a show except Andor. Heard good things about the cartoons but never got around to em.

I loved playing both KOTORs. And once or twice I got caught up in Star Wars wikis reading about interesting concepts - like Grey Jedi, light saber styles, and the Skywalker family tree. But I heard Disney bushed all that. They should've just cherry picked the best EU books, told them straight, and made money.

Might be time to finally admit I never actually liked 90% of Star Wars TV and movies
and move on. Only reason I even watched the beginning of this show was cause it had a high Rotten Tomato score, but that turned out to be a scam.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Didn’t need to get cancelled but I can see why it was. But, I’m also surprised Disney didn’t see it coming before they made the show which makes me upset because that means it was a waste and a ruin of the franchise.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps

When all we had was tapes (no Netflix), I loved rewatching my parents' VHS of The Empire Strikes Back.

But if I'm being honest, I haven't genuinely liked another movie until Rogue One. And I can't remember loving a show except Andor. Heard good things about the cartoons but never got around to em.

I loved playing both KOTORs. And once or twice I got caught up in Star Wars wikis reading about interesting concepts - like Grey Jedi, light saber styles, and the Skywalker family tree. But I heard Disney bushed all that. They should've just cherry picked the best EU books, told them straight, and made money.

Might be time to finally admit I never actually liked 90% of Star Wars TV and movies
and move on. Only reason I even watched the beginning of this show was cause it had a high Rotten Tomato score, but that turned out to be a scam.
Disney done run shyt into the ground got fans (former) reevaluating their whole like for the series. :wow:

That’s true talent right there…well done Disney.

Flexington

All Star
Daps

Man, you described my stance perfectly. I watched the original trilogy as a kid and it was a fun watch but I wasn't hooked. Always thought the world building/universe and the idea of the force cool. Didn't pay much attention to the prequels...then playing the KOTORs made me think I was a Star Wars fan.

The lore brought up in those games, and the tone was :wow:

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
I'm disappointed in it getting canned. That was some of the best fight choreography I've seen in a star wars movie that wasn't animated. Plus I loved the design of that new sith guy and how he fought

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I'm disappointed in it getting canned. That was some of the best fight choreography I've seen in a star wars movie that wasn't animated. Plus I loved the design of that new sith guy and how he fought
retain the stunt coordinator and the costume designer for future projects. there ya go. the rest of the show was crap.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Her words, not mine :hubie:

Now compare that to the George Lucas quote that @Soymuscle Mike shared just earlier:

You can tell George Lucas’s third eye opened up when he said this.
Yeah, he made mistakes here and there, but you can see that he was still operating on a totally different level morally, spiritually, and philosophically compared to modern day creators.

Side note: who remembers that time he called Disney a bunch of “white slavers”?

Wow never read that from George. Thats deep and i understand now why he donated his money from disney to charity. Dude really is in a buddhist place and not on that greed shyt just trying to tell a story. Like another poster said he shouldnt have sold it but let dudes like Filoni come in and help on the parts george lacked in. That way if the shyt went nutty he can step back in but dealing with the fans was a lot foe him.

I liked some parts of the show like the Sith dude and the plageius tease but everything else felt CW like i was too old to be watching. As i breh i hate to say that u cant force diversity without a strong story that makes sense because u feed the hate fuel and it becomes only about that. Like its star wars! Aliens space fights light sabers pew pew pew it really aint that deep to show oppressive jedi cops taking away children

:russ:

Last edited:

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
retain the stunt coordinator and the costume designer for future projects. there ya go. the rest of the show was crap.
Damn you guys are negative. It wasn't that bad. You gotta let these guys step outside of the box with new ideas. That's why why we only get the same concept and stories constantly recycled. Anything that you guys don't like you just jump down their throats and hate watch it to criticize which is weird too.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Damn you guys are negative. It wasn't that bad. You gotta let these guys step outside of the box with new ideas. That's why why we only get the same concept and stories constantly recycled. Anything that you guys don't like you just jump down their throats and hate watch it to criticize which is weird too.
But this show didn't really have any new ideas besides making the Jedi an incompetent (and creepy) authority figure, which isn't exactly new nor compelling either.