The 7 Day Theory is an immortal album

oO J Smooth Oo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uk
He made that album in like a week. That shyt is incredible. Such an amazing body of work that has stood the test of time. Unbelievable that he died before it even released. Damn shame :to:

Also, crazy to think that when it released there was such amazing Hip-Hop releasing so often that it was harder to even appreciate during that time it released.
He wrote that album in 72 hours :wow:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
I think breh is trying to say imagine writing that album when the average hip hop head was/are 25.

ehh, im not trying to buss the guy's balls, but beating around the bush is not my 4-tay.
lesbianest, it reads like he just wasnt around and his statements are coming from a 2010s rap perspective.
again, thats no diss to the homie. but he gotta learn.

alot of people were rapping about the same stuff, and half of them were younger than pac.:manny:

^^^ yeah I think the point dude was trying to make was that no matter what pac was gonna deliver some heat

meanwhile with other artists you are like "They need to work with ..... to sound good, please work with ....."

Pac like a few other artists have beats that sound like only they could rock them the way they did. Alot of 2pac's hard shyt wouldnt sound right on someone else's shyt. Alot of people back then had signature vibes and soundscapes.

i mean, theres others that couldve rocked these beats.

but yea, pac was an east/west hybrid, and the producers of this album zero'd in on that.
i feel like the producers arent getting their credit in this thread.

and for those talking about unknowns, johny j had a name in the game before he started working with pac. and im sure he did most of the beats on here.

Last edited:

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
ehh, im not trying to buss the guy's balls, but beating around the bush is not my 4-tay.
lesbianest, it reads like he just wasnt around and his statements are coming from a 2010s rap perspective.

alot of people were rapping about the same stuff, and half of them were younger than pac.:manny:

I was around. I was 18 or 19 when this dropped.

Although others were doing it, others didn’t have Pacs body of work by that age. That’s my point.

MK25toLife

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let’s not forget this album was originally by “Makaveli the Don” and called “Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory”.

Since Pac was not around to oversee the release, the album title got screwed up.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
I dont quote people on here
but dude said Johnny J was know before .... barely locally?

nobody has been able to rock the beats right, so many are way too unique... I left it out in my first post but Nas does this too. Alot of beats people dont like are tailor fitted to Nas himself.
you could say "people can rock pac beats" and feel yourself for saying it ... but not alot of emcees are rapping over some shyt he did and making hit songs.

nobodys gonna make a song like black jesus over that beat, hail mary is wild different, high speed, even to live and die in LA....maybe snoop could tune that up but not many people walking are just gonna drop a throwaway hit song over that, This nikka literally rapped on 777-9311 and it was one of the WORST songs on his album.... that's nuts. teardrops and closed caskets, me against the world, these songs are all classics and would be regarded as some people's best shyt. And they were just 2 hours on a tuesday night for him. Cats are literally hitting up battlecat and premier etc to get the best beats they can and still dropping bullshyt. Pac is like "just send me shyt through" and fukking crushing whatever. Homeboyz is a dope ass beat, but not many people are gonna be like "here's some dough let me get THAT one" but the way he freaked every beat as a 10/10 writer made shyt not matter. So many of his songs are like this, the beat took a backseat to what he was saying... it was more of a compliment to his lyrics. High Till I Die literally sounds like being faded and lost in the thought in an upbeat mood.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
I dont quote people on here
but dude said Johnny J was know before .... barely locally?

nobody has been able to rock the beats right, so many are way too unique... I left it out in my first post but Nas does this too. Alot of beats people dont like are tailor fitted to Nas himself.
you could say "people can rock pac beats" and feel yourself for saying it ... but not alot of emcees are rapping over some shyt he did and making hit songs.

nobodys gonna make a song like black jesus over that beat, hail mary is wild different, high speed, even to live and die in LA....maybe snoop could tune that up but not many people walking are just gonna drop a throwaway hit song over that, This nikka literally rapped on 777-9311 and it was one of the WORST songs on his album.... that's nuts. teardrops and closed caskets, me against the world, these songs are all classics and would be regarded as some people's best shyt. And they were just 2 hours on a tuesday night for him. Cats are literally hitting up battlecat and premier etc to get the best beats they can and still dropping bullshyt. Pac is like "just send me shyt through" and fukking crushing whatever. Homeboyz is a dope ass beat, but not many people are gonna be like "here's some dough let me get THAT one" but the way he freaked every beat as a 10/10 writer made shyt not matter. So many of his songs are like this, the beat took a backseat to what he was saying... it was more of a compliment to his lyrics. High Till I Die literally sounds like being faded and lost in the thought in an upbeat mood.

quote me when you reference me. thanks.

johnny j had the candy man and others.
yall act like pac plucked him out his mom's basement.

hit songs?? the hit on here was "hail mary" - which is an all-time great beat that plenty of people gave rapped over.
the first video had practically the same beat as "no diggity".

you can give 2pac props without downplaying the production.

Mandizi

5-I-3 till I D-I-E
Daps
Reppin
Cincy

i mean, theres others that couldve rocked these beats.

but yea, pac was an east/west hybrid, and the producers of this album zero'd in on that.
i feel like the producers arent getting their credit in this thread.

and for those talking about unknowns, johny j had a name in the game before he started working with pac. and im sure he did most of the beats on here.

Johnny J didn't produce a single beat on the final version of Makaveli. I wouldn't consider Johnny J a no-name producer either. Pac listeners were well aware of who Johnny J was since at least Thug Life two years prior.

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
Remember the released version was different to how PAC wanted it.. track selection wise.
Facts.

The people closest to the situation ie: Outlaws, Frank, Reggie etc. have all mentioned that the album was supposed to be altered. Nas was even supposed to meet up with Pac after the NY meeting and this has been confirmed by both camps.

It pains me to have to link this interview so ima do it from an unofficial site.

The timeline mentioned here would have been crazy if Pac hadn't died. We're talking about a Nas/Pac truce which already happened, possibly leading him to squashing it with Mobb and in my opinion, somewhere down the line squashing it with Big. Pac already had his sights set on leaving Deathrow altogether to pursue acting more seriously.

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
What's crazy about the production on this album is that all the cats that did beats on them got clowned by the other Death Row artists cuz they thought they were wack. I think Bad Azz said that they even called the room they worked out of at the studio the Wack Room :mjlol:, but when it came to Pac, those beats fit him like a hand in glove. Aside from Pac's lyricism and storytelling, those beats made that album.