The 7 Day Theory is an immortal album

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
This album makes his desth even more sadder. His last album was the top of a ascending trend in quality :ohlawd:

Talking about high quality in 3 days only...can y'all imagine Pac in todays quick ways to release tour music? He would've been a bigger problem with the internet. Even the Hennesy + THC IG lives would've been off the chain :pachaha:

Daps
Pac’s best album and one of the GOAT albums period

what’s crazy is that you could put together quite a few albums from his unreleased tracks that are on this caliber and he did it all in a span of less than a year:wow:
Wat people don’t know is that he actually made custom albums with those unreleased tracks and even gave it a album title , but his estate didn’t start finding his hand written tracklists until way after
26658c_med.jpeg

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Any explanation/discussion for why the mixing/mastering is so bad on multiple tracks on the album? Real good album but man there are a couple tracks like Blasphemy that just sound so off due to that.

-Quikness-

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everything about it just keeps on getting better and better whilst still remaining relevant as time goes by and that elevates it beyond a mere classic into something else:

Immortal.

1*io-hNmXcf6J2Nc0LVpySuw@2x.jpeg

The way Pac was pushing the pen on this project and how his flow elevated the most basic, B room barely mastered beats into certified cuts is testament to his skills as it was all virtually off the dome, one take, onto the next back to back sessions handled in a few days. Add to that the hype around his death because back in 96 everyone thought he was still alive, especially after the I Ain't Mad At Cha video and his "I've been shot and murdered" verse on Double Rs album not long after.

The album is nearly a quarter of a century old
, let that sink in because in hip hop terms that means its from the Jurassic era and yet no one has came anywhere near the candor and naturalness of the songs even though many have tried with their corny forced tracks and manufactured "classics" which try and replicate the unduplicatable.

Pacs albums always linked up with his life perfectly and if AEOM was the homecoming party surrounded by friends, women, drinks, drugs and the best of everything Makaveli was waking up the next day alone, in the dark, surrounded by the mess with a crazy hangover and lots of self reflection on what the price of yesterdays excess will be and what the true cost of living like this is...

Its like Quik said "Cause everybody wanna be Pac, But dont nobody wanna fill them shoes before they feel them shots" as the realness is just overflowing on this album, almost like Pac knew it was all about to end as he rushed to capture his essence in a message for the generations to come with a spiritual urgency and created something that is totally unique in sound, execution, topics, everything.

I wonder how many peoples lives this album has saved as it helped them keep their head above water during hard times in the past couple of decades and change? Those who know, know and thats why I say its immortal because every time it spins you breathe new life into it...

Good thread breh. Great words. Larger than life album. Unearthly album. The goat.

:mjcry:

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Any explanation/discussion for why the mixing/mastering is so bad on multiple tracks on the album? Real good album but man there are a couple tracks like Blasphemy that just sound so off due to that.

7DT was one of, if not the first hip hop album to worked on digitally as well as with old school reels and that is reflected in some of the unpolished mastering as they were still adjusting to the new workflow plus the rush to get it out:

imgext.php

imgext.php

imgext.php

imgext.php

imgext.php

imgext.php

imgext.php

imgext.php

imgext.php

Often wonder how a full digital mixdown of this album would sound, like a proper remaster not just a loudness filter over what we've heard before. Would probably feel off because it would be too clean in comparison to the brown paper bag, bootleg feel this one has. Like when you used to get a CDQ/NODJ of a mixtape track you'd hammered back in the days and your mind expects it to sound like a grimy tagged up C90.

It would be amazing to hear the exact same vocals over modern reproduced beats that kept the OG vibe but added in live instruments but it would take some Stan level producers with great ears and no gimmicks they want to shoe horn in to capture that aesthetic:

One of the reasons nothing quite sounds like this and the producers involved never came close to its vibe is Pac co produced most of it and lot of what you're hearing is him behind the boards.

All in all the flaws really add to its intimate vibe, like Shakespeare writing his final, deepest thoughts in a quick scrawl on and old scroll he had laying around in his last days. It doesn't have the glitz and glamor of what came before but its sheer rawness is what defines it and makes it immortal.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Pac’s best album and one of the GOAT albums period

what’s crazy is that you could put together quite a few albums from his unreleased tracks that are on this caliber and he did it all in a span of less than a year:wow:

What they did with his legacy was crazy. It would've been far better if Suge were left in charge of it as he knew Pacs vibe way better than the angel whitewash with poppy hooks, weak beats and cheap features that the estate chose over the years as they massacred some classic vocals with wack production because they didn't want to spend any money on the projects as they didn't know the business.

Not just that but the sequencing was so off with tracks just seemingly thrown together. You could've made a dope MATW2 album like Pac had intended with cuts like Words 2 My Firstborn, Still I Rise, Letter To The President etc... a beefing one etc.. One of the worst missteps that could've been a smash was taking a bunch of female friendly vocals like Thug In Me and turning it into a collab album with B Brown in the late 90s.

Imagine something like that but with B Brown lacing it over production from that era as these two were the true best of both worlds. Just another thing that people ganked from the Pac playbook for their own career...

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Idk, i like 2pac (as you can see in my avi) but i DO like the album but i also think its HIGHLY overrated, with the exception of a
few songs.

I think this album became bigger due to the fact that it was his last one recorded before he passed..

Dope album definitely. But all this over the top shyt i dont agree with.