The 7 Day Theory is an immortal album

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Everything about it just keeps on getting better and better whilst still remaining relevant as time goes by and that elevates it beyond a mere classic into something else:

Immortal.

1*io-hNmXcf6J2Nc0LVpySuw@2x.jpeg

The way Pac was pushing the pen on this project and how his flow elevated the most basic, B room barely mastered beats into certified cuts is testament to his skills as it was all virtually off the dome, one take, onto the next back to back sessions handled in a few days. Add to that the hype around his death because back in 96 everyone thought he was still alive, especially after the I Ain't Mad At Cha video and his "I've been shot and murdered" verse on Double Rs album not long after.

The album is nearly a quarter of a century old
, let that sink in because in hip hop terms that means its from the Jurassic era and yet no one has came anywhere near the candor and naturalness of the songs even though many have tried with their corny forced tracks and manufactured "classics" which try and replicate the unduplicatable.

Pacs albums always linked up with his life perfectly and if AEOM was the homecoming party surrounded by friends, women, drinks, drugs and the best of everything Makaveli was waking up the next day alone, in the dark, surrounded by the mess with a crazy hangover and lots of self reflection on what the price of yesterdays excess will be and what the true cost of living like this is...

Its like Quik said "Cause everybody wanna be Pac, But dont nobody wanna fill them shoes before they feel them shots" as the realness is just overflowing on this album, almost like Pac knew it was all about to end as he rushed to capture his essence in a message for the generations to come with a spiritual urgency and created something that is totally unique in sound, execution, topics, everything.

I wonder how many peoples lives this album has saved as it helped them keep their head above water during hard times in the past couple of decades and change? Those who know, know and thats why I say its immortal because every time it spins you breathe new life into it...

Daps
I heard the best summary of pac during this Makaveli era by smooth B

“makaveli album was to 2pac like enter the dragon was to Bruce lee If you take 2pacs me against the world album and all eyes on me there’s a evolution happening same with Bruce’s fist of fury and Chinese connection but when it got to enter the dragon he was on some other extraterrestrial shyt same with pac straight unfukkwithable” :wow:

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Pac’s best album and that’s saying a lot. Jay was low key sharking his entire mood with Blueprint but because it’s east coast he’s credited with starting something

It’s amazing that people want to come for him lyrically but ignore that NO solo artist had a run like his. The man made 3 classic albums back to back and none of them sound alike

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
I heard the best summary of pac during this Makaveli era by smooth B

“makaveli album was to 2pac like enter the dragon was to Bruce lee If you take 2pacs me against the world album and all eyes on me there’s a evolution happening same with Bruce’s fist of fury and Chinese connection but when it got to enter the dragon he was on some other extraterrestrial shyt same with pac straight unfukkwithable” :wow:

Excellent comparison as its so on point, both of them were just evolving and nowhere near their peak but what we saw was enough to let everyone know that we were witnessing legends doing their thing.

I just told a nikka yesterday that there are a few real classic album in hip hop, but this right here, this is a classic of all classica. You are right OP, this album is Immortal. IMO, not humbly either, thus is the best rap/hip hop album ever recorded.

100. It just kicked in today as I was spinning it and it still generates the same vibes, if not more than it did back in 96 and that is very, very rare because you kill a joint by bumping it too much but this one always delivers.

Classic, gotta love the dark eerie vibe to it.

Thats one of the things that made it stand out so much. It sounded like a eulogy, the beats were like nothing the rap game ever heard or used and the total opposite of the diamond shine balling of AEOM as it was rough and raw but spiritual with it.

Try dropping a tab before listening :pachaha:

What difference does it make? Speak on it. Did you hear anything extra in the mix?

And to think it was just supposed to be a throwaway album Pac put together in 3 days:wow:

Breh was a prodigious, clairvoyant human being.He had a heightened sense of awareness

beyond intellectualism.Damn near every bar he spit was Vitamin G.Pure Game.

Thats it, thats why it doesn't fade because the game don't change. It is what it is and jewelz are jewelz even if you bury them in dirt and dig em up later. They always shine.

Pac’s best album and that’s saying a lot. Jay was low key sharking his entire mood with Blueprint but because it’s east coast he’s credited with starting something

It’s amazing that people want to come for him lyrically but ignore that NO solo artist had a run like his. The man made 3 classic albums back to back and none of them sound alike

Pac, keeping his contradictory status 100 even in death, is both over rated and under rated :pachaha:

The MATW, AEOM, 7DT run was like nothing else because he poured his life into each one of them and they were saturated with emotion from the walls closing in up to freedom and balling out without a care in the world before transcendent spiritual wisdom and soul searching. Watching it unfold in the flesh was something else because you'd hear and see all these things in the press then Pac would drop an album and tell you his side whilst lacing it with game, insights, ignorant ish and whatever else he felt like but it still all felt coherent and not like he was pandering. More like kicking it with someone you know about life and everything in it, but in song format.

Other artists sit there trying to make hits. Pac went into the booth with whatever he had around him and made classics just being himself and this is what he said in that interview:

What distinguishes you from everybody else?

"I never thought I was the best rapper-the best nothin'. I think I'm the realest nikka out there. I do think that. I think I own that. 'Cause I think being real is just being true."

By contrast everyone else is automatically fake because they either aren't that interesting, haven't had that kind of life or are doing it purely for a check and don't care about anybody but themselves. This is something that Pac had in common with MJ - emotion, empathy and genuine wish to make the world better whilst helping people who were suffering.

scarhead

All Star
Daps
There are albums that achieve classic status because they set the trend of what to come next or reach the most advanced form of what was being done before.

7 day theory, on the other hand, stands alone. Like posters above said, no other album in the history of the genre sounds like it.