The '24 NY Mets. You're on the clock Cohen.

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I still can imagine him being on the Mets but he's gonna need to have a good first half. At the every least, this makes for a more reasonable contract AAV and length wise.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I don't think they should trade him and risk losing him for nothing. It will pay dividends PR wise. Based on his production this year and what you think he will be in the future offer him a fair contract. If he doesn't take it that's on him. I like Pete but keeping him or letting him go cannot be an emotional decision. They got to go by the numbers.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
lol @ 15 million per year.
If he dont like it then..

200.gif

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rumors are that Alonso and Boras wanted more than 200 mill overall. Last summer, the Mets offered him 158 mill for 7 years... at that time, that was beyond a fair contract.

Now, with what his numbers look like this year, a 3 year decline in OPS, OPS+, and slugging you can give him more money per years to keep him. Offer something like 130/4 and give a mutual option for that 5th year... he and Boras won't take that though.

Let's just hope Alonso goes on a crazy run this second half.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Rumors are that Alonso and Boras wanted more than 200 mill overall. Last summer, the Mets offered him 158 mill for 7 years... at that time, that was beyond a fair contract.

Now, with what his numbers look like this year, a 3 year decline in OPS, OPS+, and slugging you can give him more money per years to keep him. Offer something like 130/4 and give a mutual option for that 5th year... he and Boras won't take that though.

Seeing what happened to Boras clients last off season and his buddy Conforto he needs to temper his expectations. If he doesn't he won't be a Met and the fan base will likely side with the organization. Especially if they make the playoffs

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Good luck finding somebody to pay the Boras tax.

I'd go 5 years at 150 with team option for year 6 or it kicks in if he hits 60 plus. That's the home town loyalty price

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
I guess I may be the only Met fan that wouldn't even care if dude was on the team next year. We've basically gone on this run without his contributions.

Maybe I'm just sour to the whole drop off in production. I dont know. :yeshrug:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I guess I may be the only Met fan that wouldn't even care if dude was on the team next year. We've basically gone on this run without his contributions.

Maybe I'm just sour to the whole drop off in production. I dont know. :yeshrug:
I feel you. I get the feeling it would be a bad contract. I think he is more Chris Davis than Nelson Cruz. But edo like Pete personally, he's a good guy although a bit goofy. That's the only reason I want him to stay.