The '24 NY Mets. From 0-5 to OMG

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Which one do you guys believe in more? Manaea or Severino? I don't see both returning. Even though we still got a lot of performances that are hard to count on (Iglesias), there is still clear room for improvement and reasons to be even more optimistic for next year whether that is obvious FA signings, rebound seasons (a
Alvarez) or prospects (Mauricio, Acuña, Gilbert, Jett etc etc)

Even though I was hoping they would be a wild card team, I can't say I really believed in it early especially and only thought of it as basically being as mediocre as the Marlins were last year. The whole month of September and October was magical. Couldn't be more proud.

Last edited:

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope Cohen rage spends. Throw a Billy combined at Soto and Burnes, fukk it. I would like Pete back on a 1 yr deal, this way he can reestablish his value on the market, or give him 4yr/$120M.

Soto and Burnes along with a returning Pete and a healthy Senga should get up there with the dodgers.

We have a lot of young talent coming up in addition to vientos and Alvarez. Hopefully Acuña continues to improve and Gilbert lives up to the hype.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Team overachieved while others like the Phillies shīt the bed.

That’s the real story.

Cohen can spend whatever but you’ll always play second fiddle in this city on a baseball level.
tenor.gif

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This fukkin sucks. Ton of questions marks for this team, especially in the rotation. Honestly felt better about the 2015 squad going forward. Bring back Winker, fire Chavez and get somebody to fix Alvarez. Throw the farm at Soto and hope what Acuna showed down the stretch is a preview of things to come. No clue what you with the starting pitching though, a bunch of over achievers who weren't quite good enough when it counted and will now be looking for their last payday. Great run.:salute:

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
That Dodgers offense is a fukkin machine, can't do nothing but tip your cap.

To me this season was more of a ride than even the 2015 because this had 10x the shock therapy. And we put down two divisions rivals in the process? I'll take it.
We basically went to hell early in the season and bounced right out of it while playing exciting meaningful games through the whole second half and got to enjoy all the silliness that's usually associated with the team but in a joyous way not a sad trying to find an ounce of joy anywhere way.

This last series was basically all the problems they overcame to get there rearing their ugly heads. It is what is.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
You think Pete would take that?
It's known that I really dont care for Pete like that.. and I'm not just saying this just to say it.. but I wouldn't even offer him that. :yeshrug:

Harper's making 25m per
Olson's making 21m
Freeman's making 27m

Outside of 2-3 instances, Pete is as unclutch as it comes. Yea, being home grown and all.. it would be nice for him to retire a Met.. but what are we doin here? Are we tryna win, or are we tryna make feel good stories? I think moves can be made to make this team better without throwing Pete more than 30m per year. But thats just me :manny:

Which one do you guys believe in more? Manaea or Severino? I don't see both returning. Even though we still got a lot of performances that are hard to count on (Iglesias), there is still clear room for improvement and reasons to be even more optimistic for next year whether that is obvious FA signings, rebound seasons (a
Alvarez) or prospects (Mauricio, Acuña, Gilbert, Jett etc etc)

Even though I was hoping they would be a wild card team, I can't say I really believed in it early especially and only thought of it as basically being as mediocre as the Marlins were last year. The whole month of September and October was magical. Couldn't be more proud.
I think it all depends on what those pitchers want. How many years is Manea looking for? What about Severino? Yea he stayed healthy this year, but how long are you willing to go? 4,5,6 years?

fukk Alvarez :camby: I know he's young and likely isn't goin anywhere, but fukk him still.

I'm bringing Iglesias back regardless. Winker too I think. Remember, he was an all star as recent as 2021. I'd love to find a taker for McNeil (Tampa?) If I could unload Nimmo, I would (Colorado?)

Lets make an offseason thread after the world series and throw some thoughts out there. Till then.. proud of the fellas. They played well. Sucks that its come to an end, but I think Cohen got a taste.. and he's gonna want more.