The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
What's your thoughts on McDonald leaving to be a HC or potentially staying to Harbaugh's successor?

I wasn't happy about him being hired because I thought better candidates were out there at the time and he was another Harbaugh hire who was/is a good friend and he only got hired because he was close to Harbaugh.

However, McDonald has been amazing this season and his ability to adapt and adjust his defense regardless of personnel shortages or injuries has been masterful and maximized the defenses production . I know it would never happen, but I'd prefer Harbaugh step down and McDonald takes over as HC.

Aye I tried to tell yall last year that they was grooming McDonald to be the coach in waiting after harbaugh :shaq: But we will most definitely know after this season, because it’s no way harbaugh is going into next season as a lame duck coach

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Too early to say but I disagree. I think with someone like Lamar and the offense we have, an offensive minded coach is the right approach. I still don't don't think we've seen Lamar's full potential yet due to not hiring the right OCs and I think a defensive minded HC would set him back. Just look around the league, most of the successful teams have offensive minded HCs. Again it's early, but I really like Monkin especially the playcalling we've had the last few games. I would choose him over anyone else on the staff currently but once again, it's way too early for these types of conversations imo.

Let me throw this scenario since harbaugh maybe grand fathered out, and go in the office, they could make McDonald coach and still keep monken as oc, it makes perfect sense and Lamar still has continuity on the offensive of side

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Let me throw this scenario since harbaugh maybe grand fathered out, and go in the office, they could make McDonald coach and still keep monken as oc, it makes perfect sense and Lamar still has continuity on the offensive of side
If the offense continues to improve and look good I just don't see us being able to keep Monken too long which is why I would rather he get the keys to the team instead.

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
If the offense continues to improve and look good I just don't see us being able to keep Monken too long which is why I would rather he get the keys to the team instead.
But monken is old and the nfl is cycling the old heads out, I can’t see him being a hc at his age, I swear mfer called me crazy a year ago for this same conversation

Red Money

All Star
Daps
*thinks about Kubiak, Rex, and Pagano leaving after short tenures :mjcry:*

Kubiak leaving still hurts. But it was inevitable he'd move on.

Im still blown about blowing two 14pt leads even though refs didn't give our defense time to match subs against pats...and Brady playing with the questionably inflated footballs.

And We would have beat the weak colts the next game for the AFC Title!

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Kubiak leaving still hurts. But it was inevitable he'd move on.

Im still blown about blowing two 14pt leads even though refs didn't give our defense time to match subs against pats...and Brady playing with the questionably inflated footballs.

And We would have beat the weak colts the next game for the AFC Title!
Trash ass Dean Pees and Harbaugh making 0 adjustments even as the pats ran 0 rushing plays the entire second half the threw at Rashaan Melvin 19 goddamn times that game :pacspit:. Matt Elam whiffing on an open field tackle at the line of scrimmage on 2nd and 10 on a play where the pats scored to end a year where despite being essentially benched for 3 games he still led the league in blown coverages and missed tackles yet still got to suit up for a playoff game:pacspit:. :hhh: at Flacco throwing off his back foot into double coverage with a clean pocket and plenty of time left on 2nd down on both of the team’s final 2 drives.

That might’ve been a worse loss than the 2011 afc title game :martin:

But monken is old and the nfl is cycling the old heads out, I can’t see him being a hc at his age, I swear mfer called me crazy a year ago for this same conversation

I mean Marv Levy got hired in Buffalo at 61 :manny:. A man can be hopeful.

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
What's your thoughts on McDonald leaving to be a HC or potentially staying to Harbaugh's successor?

I wasn't happy about him being hired because I thought better candidates were out there at the time and he was another Harbaugh hire who was/is a good friend and he only got hired because he was close to Harbaugh.

However, McDonald has been amazing this season and his ability to adapt and adjust his defense regardless of personnel shortages or injuries has been masterful and maximized the defenses production . I know it would never happen, but I'd prefer Harbaugh step down and McDonald takes over as HC.
He's already right at the top of "potential HC" lists for next season, if not #1. We know he's gonna be in high demand. Not surprised - already been there with Marvin, Nolan, Rex, and Pagano.

I can't see him sticking around and waiting for Harbs to leave, though. I don't think the HCIW thing really works in the NFL, not officially anyway. (Barely does in CFB....look how UMd. mucked up Ralph/Franklin back in the day.)

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps

I think you are undervaluing OCs and have the NFL views them. With all these young QBs taking over the league, if we make it to the SB I wouldn't be surprised if Monken was gone after this year unless they throw crazy money at him. I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying it would be a mistake imo to go that route. It would be much harder to replace someone like Monken than it would be to replace McDonald imo.

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
He's already right at the top of "potential HC" lists for next season, if not #1. We know he's gonna be in high demand. Not surprised - already been there with Marvin, Nolan, Rex, and Pagano.

I can't see him sticking around and waiting for Harbs to leave, though. I don't think the HCIW thing really works in the NFL, not officially anyway. (Barely does in CFB....look how UMd. mucked up Ralph/Franklin back in the day.)

Blame Kevin Anderson for that he let his ego get in between him and Ralph Friedgen

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
I think you are undervaluing OCs and have the NFL views them. With all these young QBs taking over the league, if we make it to the SB I wouldn't be surprised if Monken was gone after this year unless they throw crazy money at him. I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying it would be a mistake imo to go that route. It would be much harder to replace someone like Monken than it would be to replace McDonald imo.

With that scenario winning a superbowl would make him a hc candidate no doubt, but as I said in a earlier post the nfl is cycling out old heads the average age of a coach in the league is 50 and monken is 57 and if a franchise takes a chance on him the only viable fit imo is Chicago and that franchise is a mess

Last edited:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
what do you think of the browns game this week? They keep overrating this browns defense yet we blew them out. It's a division game and they will show up but Watson still ain't 100%.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
what do you think of the browns game this week? They keep overrating this browns defense yet we blew them out. It's a division game and they will show up but Watson still ain't 100%.
Trap game. We lost to the Colts and Steelers who are not as good as the Browns on defense. And as bad as Watson has been, he's still better than both those QBs. I expect a tough game with a final score of 21-14.

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md

It will be a close division game that will come down to what oline can establish the run game imo