The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Do y'all miss Hayden Hurst? And it's kinda funny we never replaced him, not saying we should or we need him, just he was apart of that team that had the 14-2 record.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Do y'all miss Hayden Hurst? And it's kinda funny we never replaced him, not saying we should or we need him, just he was apart of that team that had the 14-2 record.
Hayden has had a tough break as a pro. I will never forget that huge reception he had against the Bills. I don't think double TEs was used enough when he was here. They should've been Gronk and Aaron Hernandez 2.0. I think it would've helped Lamar develop more as a passer too faster then he did. I'd like to see him do something before his career over, but he's also pretty old, so it may not be a possibility at this point.

krexzen

All Star
Daps
Hayden has had a tough break as a pro. I will never forget that huge reception he had against the Bills. I don't think double TEs was used enough when he was here. They should've been Gronk and Aaron Hernandez 2.0. I think it would've helped Lamar develop more as a passer too faster then he did. I'd like to see him do something before his career over, but he's also pretty old, so it may not be a possibility at this point.

I don't think he liked being second fiddle to Andrews, and he wanted to start. It probably stung more for him since he was drafted first before Lamar and Mark. Off ego alone he had to go.

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
I don't think he liked being second fiddle to Andrews, and he wanted to start. It probably stung more for him since he was drafted first before Lamar and Mark. Off ego alone he had to go.

I liked Hurst but when he challenged harbaugh on the sidelines of the Tennessee playoff game, I knew he was gone!!!

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
What's your thoughts on McDonald leaving to be a HC or potentially staying to Harbaugh's successor?

I wasn't happy about him being hired because I thought better candidates were out there at the time and he was another Harbaugh hire who was/is a good friend and he only got hired because he was close to Harbaugh.

However, McDonald has been amazing this season and his ability to adapt and adjust his defense regardless of personnel shortages or injuries has been masterful and maximized the defenses production . I know it would never happen, but I'd prefer Harbaugh step down and McDonald takes over as HC.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
What's your thoughts on McDonald leaving to be a HC or potentially staying to Harbaugh's successor?

I wasn't happy about him being hired because I thought better candidates were out there at the time and he was another Harbaugh hire who was/is a good friend and he only got hired because he was close to Harbaugh.

However, McDonald has been amazing this season and his ability to adapt and adjust his defense regardless of personnel shortages or injuries has been masterful and maximized the defenses production . I know it would never happen, but I'd prefer Harbaugh step down and McDonald takes over as HC.
Too early to say but I disagree. I think with someone like Lamar and the offense we have, an offensive minded coach is the right approach. I still don't don't think we've seen Lamar's full potential yet due to not hiring the right OCs and I think a defensive minded HC would set him back. Just look around the league, most of the successful teams have offensive minded HCs. Again it's early, but I really like Monkin especially the playcalling we've had the last few games. I would choose him over anyone else on the staff currently but once again, it's way too early for these types of conversations imo.

krexzen

All Star
Daps

It's strange for me because when watching Ravens Wired, he seems kind of shy (almost too shy). Personality wise I don't see it yet. The players really like him, but a head coach also speaks, galvanizes, and serves as an ambassador for the organization. I think he needs more time to build those qualities. I do see it from Monken though. He's the one who talks and acts like a head coach.