All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Opinion: Eleven days in, the ‘QB controversy’ is already stifling
By Kyle P Barber@BB_KylePBarber May 7, 2018, 12:28pm EDTSHARE
usa_today_10508901.0.jpg
Mitch Stringer-USA TODAY Sports
Eleven days ago, the Baltimore Ravenstraded up in the first round, selecting quarterback Lamar Jackson. Since then, the fanbase split and Baltimore is now a city on every media networks’ scope. Every day there is a new development, or lack of development, to bring about more gossip. The Ravens like their first-round quarterback, Joe Flacco isn’t welcoming his replacement with open arms and Harbaugh likes Jackson’s accuracy. These aren’t incredible updates, but they’re being touted as such.

Joe Flacco is by no means expected to coach up his replacement. These are careers in a highly-contested market. While they wear the same logos, jerseys and practice side-by-side, they’re in competition with one another. Both Flacco and Jackson are pushing for the same goals:

1. Produce big-time plays, from moving the markers for a first down to dropping 60-yard bombs into the open arms of their teammates.
  2. Win. These men want to win. Win practices, win games, win championships, these men are striving for greatness.
  3. Earn the top-spot as the guy. Every player on the field, on every team, is a ruthless competitor. Yes, even the smiling Jonathan Ogden, with his incredible demeanor and kindness, was a terrifying battle-tested warrior on the gridiron. These men compete against the man in front of them and also the teammates beside them.
Tony Jefferson is competing against DeShone Elliott. Chris Moore is competing against Jaleel Scott and Jordan Lasley. Joe Flacco is competing against Lamar Jackson. A cruel ecosystem finds teammates intertwined as enemies. Far and few between are the veterans truly ‘taking players under their wing’ for the chance of a Lombardi in their city.

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Ravens News 5/7: Lamar Jackson’s future, five players who stood at rookie minicamp and more!
By Logan Levy@realLoganLevy May 7, 2018, 8:23am EDTSHARE
898855156.jpg.0.jpg
Photo by Jennifer Stewart/Getty Images
To the Ravens news..

Barnwell: When Round 1 quarterbacks will -- and should -- take over - ESPN

Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens

When he should be inserted into the lineup: Week 1, 2019. Jackson is more pro-ready than some observers might have you believe, given that he was playing in an NFL offense for Bobby Petrino at Louisville. Just about everyone agrees that Jackson needs to work on his footwork inside the pocket, which one hopes should improve the accuracy of a quarterback who completed 57 percent of his passes at Louisville.

In the short term, Jackson should have a part-time role as a dual-threat quarterback, where he should be absolutely terrifying against tired defenses for a snap or a series. With a veteran Ravens team desperate to make it back to the playoffs, though, Joe Flacco likely offers a higher floor than a developing Jackson. Giving him a year of remedial work would allow Baltimore to rebuild Jackson’s footwork while simultaneously allowing teams to prep for the 2016 Heisman winner by giving him a few snaps per game.

Five players who stood out Saturday at Ravens’ rookie minicamp

Ravens ‘in the laboratory’ devising Lamar Jackson plan - NFL.com

Wiirdo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We finally back brehs :blessed:

I have no expectations for this years team at all

I just want to see how the offense looks with all the new players and how the defense looks without Pees

Same. No real playoff expectations, just wanna see the new guys and hopefully Lamar take the field.

Quietly optimistic about the secondary being strong.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We finally back brehs :blessed:

I have no expectations for this years team at all

I just want to see how the offense looks with all the new players and how the defense looks without Pees

I do. Flacco & Harbaugh on the hot seat. Too much talent not to make playoffs. But I do give Flacco a pass for not having a consistent OC since they fired cameron(he had the winning playbook, but horrible play calling)

Team ain’t seemed right since 2014 with Gary Kubiack and they need to get right this season!