The 2019 Baltimore Ravens Thread

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
Don't forget how he'll go :cape: for his terrible coaches who implement the same awful strategies that will backfire in the same exact manner each week, sometimes losing in the same situation multiple weeks in a row, but can't wait for the chance to throw the players under the bus in the post game every week. The players nearly mutinied against him once already and he ran both their safeties off the team as a result. They haven't had consistent play at the position since then, and it's been 4 seasons in a row now. Midway through last season they were 18-34 against teams that made the playoffs during the regular season since 2008, which includes 5-0 in 2011 and 3-3 in 2010. Every other year they're below .500 against playoff teams. That means his 2008, 2009, and 2012-16 record against playoff teams is something along the lines of 10-31. I looked this up after the raider loss he caused last season. His record against good teams is abysmal, and it's because of his performance. Also penalties. He likes to preach discipline, but I'm pretty sure they've been top five in penalties/penalty yardage at least 5 times under him.

#BOYCOTTHARBAUGH

krexzen

All Star
Daps

Damn it's cold business. Cut a man right after knee surgery. I was wondering where they would get the money, because last I saw they were tight up against the cap. Still, I didn't think Gilmore made enough to be a cap casualty.

I remember when Gilmore came into the league he was trucking people, carrying people, and delivering hard blocks. Those hit just take a toll.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Damn it's cold business. Cut a man right after knee surgery. I was wondering where they would get the money, because last I saw they were tight up against the cap. Still, I didn't think Gilmore made enough to be a cap casualty.

I remember when Gilmore came into the league he was trucking people, carrying people, and delivering hard blocks. Those hit just take a toll.
They can put him on IR if he clears waivers

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Ravens double salary-cap space by restructuring Jimmy Smith's contract

Ravens double salary-cap space by restructuring Jimmy Smith's contract
The Ravens now have slightly more than $10 million in cap space after lowering Jimmy Smith's cap number from $12.6 million to $7.45 million. David Rosenblum/Icon Sportswire

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- The Baltimore Ravenscreated $5.15 million of cap space by restructuring cornerback Jimmy Smith's contract, according to ESPN's Field Yates.

This was a much-needed move for Baltimore, which ranked second in least amount of cap room after signing offensive tackle Austin Howard last week to a three-year, $16 million deal. Smith's $12.6 million cap number -- which is now lowered to $7.45 million -- had been the second highest on the Ravens behind quarterback Joe Flacco.

The Ravens doubled their cap space with this restructured deal and now have a little more than $10 million in cap room, according to the ESPN Roster Management System. This can allow Baltimore to make one or two additional moves.

Smith does not lose any money in this reworked contract. He just gets it faster, and the Ravens push the cap hit in future years. Baltimore added $2.575 million to Smith's cap number in 2018 and 2019, the final two years of his deal. Smith now has inflated cap numbers of $15.675 million in 2018 and $16.175 million in 2019.

This is the second straight year the Ravens have restructured Smith's contract. Baltimore also did so in March 2016.

Last edited: