The 2019-20 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I'm fine with the length of the season. Don't have an issue like a lot of people do. I don't wanna see half the league make the playoffs. There's so much other shyt baseball needs to fix and they're changing something that doesn't need to be changed. All this shyt is going to due is reward mediocrity and it'll kill the trade deadline.
:camby:

fukk adding more teams to the postseason mix. Way more pressing issues like teams literally cheating for entire seasons at a time.

this is what the focus should be on:
- pitch clock so these b*stards can stop stalling

- instant review instead of the umps standing around with headsets on and looking at nothing

- reduce the time between innings and the time a new pitcher warms up because shouldn’t he already be warmed up in the bullpen

- start the fukking games at 6:30

- postseason day games like the “old days”

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
fukk adding more teams to the postseason mix. Way more pressing issues like teams literally cheating for entire seasons at a time.

this is what the focus should be on:
- pitch clock so these b*stards can stop stalling

- instant review instead of the umps standing around with headsets on and looking at nothing

- reduce the time between innings and the time a new pitcher warms up because shouldn’t he already be warmed up in the bullpen

- start the fukking games at 6:30

- postseason day games like the “old days”
ain't the umps going to talk to the crowd this year?

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
ehh, I'm not so sure about that even though I understand where you're coming from. It's easier to break stuff down in baseball to where your team can appreciate small victories better than in other sports. with the games coming in 3-4 game sets, it's easier to shut everything else out and focus squarely on a series. When Mize comes up, nothing else about the season will matter because the season will be all about the games he plays. Players get called up, someone goes off on a hitting streak or something. Any little glimmer of hope is something to look forward to, something that doesn't come across often in football or baseball.

It's like what old heads say about a baseball team. It's with you everyday. At the very least, with baseball, the wild cards keep teams believing, even if they have no business believing (like last year's Giants)
Man, the Tigers don't have anybody on their current roster who will be a part of the team if they ever contend. Mize and Manning should be up this season but I'm honestly not convinced they'll be called up with as terrible as they're gonna be again. Any position players worth a damn like Greene or Paredes are probably 2-3 years away.

Tony Clark has the highest OPS of any player they've drafted in the last 30 years. :mindblown: :damn: :snoop:

The way they've bungled the last five years and with the son taking over for Mike Illitch and slashing payroll, nobody has any faith in this organization. At the minimum, they should have been taking team's shytty contracts this winter to add additional prospects and picks.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Someone may as well make the 2020 Season Thread soon with pitchers and catchers reporting.

Astros brehs, PLEASE make a season thread for this year as well. I'm not trying to see nothing but Astros shyt in the MLB Thread like last season.
:umad:

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
Man, the Tigers don't have anybody on their current roster who will be a part of the team if they ever contend. Mize and Manning should be up this season but I'm honestly not convinced they'll be called up with as terrible as they're gonna be again. Any position players worth a damn like Greene or Paredes are probably 2-3 years away.

Tony Clark has the highest OPS of any player they've drafted in the last 30 years. :mindblown: :damn: :snoop:

The way they've bungled the last five years and with the son taking over for Mike Illitch and slashing payroll, nobody has any faith in this organization. At the minimum, they should have been taking team's shytty contracts this winter to add additional prospects and picks.

im still waiting to see if Daz gonna be similar to his dad

Spence

Superstar
Daps
So what’s the penalty for faking an injury in the playoffs? Lefty matchup pitchers need to start picking out their coffins.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
For the baseball heads in here

the Coli has a fantasy baseball keeper league we are entering season 11 dating back to the SOHH days...

It’s a money league $40 buy in

roto

5 keepers per team, draft pick trading

we are looking for some replacement owners

please hit up myself or @HHR

• Dap
Reactions: HHR