The 2019-20 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Why aren’t the Yankees looking at dividing the money up a little and going after both Ryu and Keuchel to get a 2 for 1?

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dan Federico
@DanJFederico
Multiple reports have stated the Yankees are meeting with Stephen Strasburg in California tomorrow. While that is indeed the case, one person with knowledge of the situation called it “due diligence” and that he would “put the odds at 80%” that Strasburg returns to DC

@tremonthustler1 don’t get too excited

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
@AvadaKadaBreh from what I’ve read on Wheeler, there is a thought around the league he still has upside because his stuff is so good. I believe analytics has him firmly as a top 15 SP the past two years as well. Also, he doesn’t have a ton of innings on his arm. He’s now 2+ years removed from TJ, so I think the injury scare is somewhat removed now.
I understand what you're saying. Trust me I do. Your White Sox dodged a bullet. He ain't worth what he got paid and I don't think he would have improved moving to the AL either.

Wheeler had a shoulder injury scare this season as well even tho it didn't turn out to be major.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
shyt is gross and I wonder if the Phillies were bidding against themselves just to get the shyt done and not have another drawn out free agency period.
The Phillies are retarded and their GM is a moron. Wheeler is staying in the same division and is now going to be asked to be a #2 or #3 at worst. That ain't worth what they're paying him.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I really don’t want the Sox to get Bumgarner but it now feels inevitable. Isn’t he washed?