The 2019-20 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
The Phillies are retarded and their GM is a moron. Wheeler is staying in the same division and is now going to be asked to be a #2 or #3 at worst. That ain't worth what they're paying him.

kinda give them kudos for going “all in” with Harper and Girardi but they gotta hope the Mets stay trash and that free agency cripples the Nats in the offseason. We all know the Marlins won’t be shyt but you still gotta deal with the Braves. They have to find a way to be good early and often. Waiting for another team(s) to fall apart in September is not the way to play things.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
kinda give them kudos for going “all in” with Harper and Girardi but they gotta hope the Mets stay trash and that free agency cripples the Nats in the offseason. We all know the Marlins won’t be shyt but you still gotta deal with the Braves. They have to find a way to be good early and often. Waiting for another team(s) to fall apart in September is not the way to play things.
Phillies also gave up a lot of prospects last winter to bring in Realmuto and Segura.

I'm a Braves fan and I love what our GM is doing this offseason. Braves are set up for the future and for the present. They really don't have any bad deals and have addressed most of their offseason needs before the winter meetings.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt is gross and I wonder if the Phillies were bidding against themselves just to get the shyt done and not have another drawn out free agency period.
They opened the books to get Harper. They have to make every effort to put a contending team around him.

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
I'm not one of those Twins fans who thinks cheap ownership is why they never sign any Free Agents of real note, but this time of year is real boring for us :mjcry:

The twins are just the type of team that would see signing someone like wheeler and it not working out as one of those franchise altering mistakes so I dont mind them not overspending on non-elite talent but sometimes you gotta take a chance and change the perception around your team. But seeing how often the White Sox and really most teams in general strike out on free agents, I dont think money has a lot to do with where these dudes sign because it seems nearly equal in multiple spots.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not one of those Twins fans who thinks cheap ownership is why they never sign any Free Agents of real note, but this time of year is real boring for us :mjcry:

The twins are just the type of team that would see signing someone like wheeler and it not working out as one of those franchise altering mistakes so I dont mind them not overspending on non-elite talent but sometimes you gotta take a chance and change the perception around your team. But seeing how often the White Sox and really most teams in general strike out on free agents, I dont think money has a lot to do with where these dudes sign because it seems nearly equal in multiple spots.

the White Sox didn’t offer Manny the most guaranteed money last offseason, this is really the only instance you described that I think applies to them. and they offered 2M more over 5 years, not exactly game changing money.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
How about Ryu & Kuechel? Sox are going to get at least one of these guys
They're likely gonna be cheaper than Bumgarner. Keuchel was okay for the Braves last year. He'll eat innings and be a good mentor. I think Ryu over achieved last year. Both good veteran options.

I'm just not a fan of paying an aging Bumgarner over $100 million and losing a draft pick as well. Hope what I'm saying makes sense.