That time Lupe Fiasco called Obama a Terrorist

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
This dude's manager was in the Gulf War and came back talking about killing unarmed civilians because that's what "he got paid to do".

Then bro set up in Chicago and spent years pushing heroin and crack on his own people. Dude used Lupe's music career and his own wife's accounts to launder money. And Lupe was cool with all of it. Which was why Hov told him he needed to distance himself from people like that. Then he wanted to talk about "terrorists".

Come on, breh.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
This dude's manager was in the Gulf War and came back talking about killing unarmed civilians because that's what "he got paid to do".

Then bro set up in Chicago and spent years pushing heroin and crack on his own people. Dude used Lupe's music career and his own wife's accounts to launder money. And Lupe was cool with all of it. Which was why Hov told him he needed to distance himself from people like that. Then he wanted to talk about "terrorists".

Come on, breh.

Damn Chili was out here committing war crimes :mindblown:

Lupes a hypocrite :ohhh:

Let me get a link to that asap

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

Come on, breh.
Lupe was in his teens and early 20’s during that saga

Come on big dawg

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Lupe was in his teens and early 20’s during that saga

Come on big dawg

Nah, I'm talking when Chill was bringing him to Hov and Dame to sign with Roc.

Lupe was older than us, so he was around 25 at the time. He's cool with whatever will make him look good in the moment. Pharrell was chillin' with skaters, so Lu hopped on that and was pretending to be a skater. When people clowned him for being a karate nerd, he'd pull out that he was running with street dudes and dealers. When he was mad at the label for not letting him do his own A&Ring, he would go online and lie about how he was running his own career, but didn't want people to know they forced him to make "Superstar". It's a lot of wack behavior with bro.

I loved his early music, still do. But he's been moving funny since day one.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Like others have already said, turns out Lupe was saying something which has become more accepted now about his presidency then

Also as far as Lupe being a hypocrite cause Chill was in Iraq and then moving packs.....I feel like he addresses that issue fairly heavily on the first 2 albums of his career and his early mixtapes.

IS08

Pro
Daps
yeah Obama a vile scumbag just like every other president. Just call he's black doesn't mean i'm gonna defend that fool's BS. Fukk him, crippled p3do Biden and upcoming trump too.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Lupe was older than us, so he was around 25 at the time. He's cool with whatever will make him look good in the moment. Pharrell was chillin' with skaters, so Lu hopped on that and was pretending to be a skater. When people clowned him for being a karate nerd, he'd pull out that he was running with street dudes and dealers. When he was mad at the label for not letting him do his own A&Ring, he would go online and lie about how he was running his own career, but didn't want people to know they forced him to make "Superstar". It's a lot of wack behavior with bro.

All facts

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

I think y’all giving the dude too much hell. I don’t remember him saying Superstar was forced on him as that was all in-house collaboration, but he fa sho did say Chilly forced him to do Touch The Sky with Ye. He ain’t wanna do it cuz he was on street shyt at the time lol

I think homie has always been consistent with his ties to the street, and he went through a conscious effort to clean up his image circa 2005 after they had a series of federal charges & indictments raining down on 1st & 15th since around 2003. So while I do agree he wasn’t no real skater I think most of the other parts of his persona were pretty true to himself.

Dude has been pretty consistent on his political views and commentary in his music before he started blowing up, he did grow up in a peculiar household. But yeah the nikka is a big whiner & complainer on the internet. I agree he does participate in a lot of wack behavior to vent his frustrations

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's crazy when people say "well, he wasn't wrong". In a sense he was. Lupe has a song called "American Terrorist". How do you single out Obama as a terrorist when you have a song called "American Terroist" that calls out America as a whole on horrific acts carried out by Americans both foreign and domestic throughout history. Saying Obama is a terrorist is smart dumb rhetoric that is only a fact if you agree with smart dumb rhetoric.

Again, Obama was a U.S. senator during the height of Lupe's run. As a senator, he was in a position to do more harm than he did as president. He represented not only the state that Lupe is from, but the city. Lupe was familiar with Obama's politics from the local, state, and national level. He didn't come at Obama until he was the president. Where was a "Words I Never Said" when this dude was a senator. Why wasn't he countering Common and other rappers who basically campaigned for Obama. Common was out here endorsing Obama in 2004 on the "Why" remix.

Lambent55

All Star
Daps
As i drownnnnn in my regretsssssssss

D73nhzOUcAEAJ-_.jpg:large

Yea I remember he said it on words inside my head. Pop ass album :mjlol:

:mjcry:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
All I can say about this .. mind you, I am someone who went door to door in 2008 campaigning for Obama. One of the most benevolent things I can say about Obama is that everyone involved in his campaign was eventually promoted to a position of staff within the White House and this was true for the person that I campaigned under his name was Stephen Goephert, eventual White House communications secretary
That is a high mark of character

But in regard to this thread, I'm seeing a lot of threads on Lupe Fiasco this week. I'm not sure if this is a part of his marketing plan but if it is hit my DMs I'd like to be in on this I'll post some threads too

To OP, to see this statement and point your finger at it says more about you than it does about him. Fore this is a difference in philosophical view of the world

So rather than to expose your (potentially limited) perception, instead share what you know about the perspective that he is sharing

And let me know if there's any more opportunities on this Lupe Fiasco posting team