Lupe Fiasco Denies Apologizing To Kendrick Lamar In 2018

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imagine defending a guy who regularly throats Thom Yorke and Radiohead
while dissing the dude who is the actual Hip-Hop Equivalent of Radiohead.

"Keep my name clean… I fear no rapper of any kind or on anytime…. K. Dot solid but y’all need to chill, lol.”

Breh, I hate to be THAT GUY but YOU need to chill. :pachaha:

This is really some mid-stringer from the early 2000s commenting on somebody who effectively
took a dump all over him in every category except obtuse, masturbatory lyrics.

Dudes dikk riding the rapper that don't wanna rap and wishes he was a fukking rockstar to diss
the rapper who raps and pushes rap forward and gets co-signs from the rockstars HE dikkrides.

TheColi is the Twilight zone sometimes.

Strong cheeto dust covered fingers in fingerless glove energy.

AND NOBODY can say Lupe Fiasco doesn't want Kendrick Lamar's career.
Bros entire goal was to sell the fukk out and he couldn't do it, even with the modest mouse singles. :pachaha:

Went from "going against the label" as a marketing ploy then celebrating moving hundreds of thousands of units.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
Sounds like somebody that hasn’t listened to Lupe

Wait?! Papa Pimp?

Aren’t you the dude that’s harassing young girls on campuses lying about your age GTFOH :camby:

guaranteed i know more lu verses than you lol

yall gotta understand people dont have to agree with yall opinions and get out of yall feminine minds

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
guaranteed i know more lu verses than you lol

yall gotta understand people dont have to agree with yall opinions and get out of yall feminine minds

I doubt it.

But I have no respect for predators so keep it moving my guy

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was there with all of these brehs, I was a kid when Lupe dropped, I thought he was amazing.
I purchased three records (I still have the CDs to this day).

But then my tastes matured.
I read novels.
I watched films.
I listened to classic albums across all genres.
Started to play a few instruments.
Did a few performances.
Hit the studio a bit.

Over the nearly two decades since I was introduced to bro's music:

I've learned more about writing, recording, mixing/mastering, producing, music theory, album sequencing etc.

And as my knowledge and skills grew, I was less and less impressed with Lupe Fiasco and more and more blown away with
Kendrick Lamar's albums.

Lupe fiasco uses "genre pushing" and "forward thinking" as a marketing ploy and never delivers.

Kendrick Lamar just delivers and lets people say "Damn he was on some other shyt" after the fact.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was there with all of these brehs, I was a kid when Lupe dropped, I thought he was amazing.
I purchased three records (I still have the CDs to this day).

But then my tastes matured.
I read novels.
I watched films.
I listened to classic albums across all genres.
Started to play a few instruments.
Did a few performances.
Hit the studio a bit.

Over the nearly two decades since I was introduced to bro's music:

I've learned more about writing, recording, mixing/mastering, producing, music theory, album sequencing etc.

And as my knowledge and skills grew, I was less and less impressed with Lupe Fiasco and more and more blown away with
Kendrick Lamar's albums.

Lupe fiasco uses "genre pushing" and "forward thinking" as a marketing ploy and never delivers.

Kendrick Lamar just delivers and lets people say "Damn he was on some other shyt" after the fact.

you weren’t the only one there you weren’t the only one who does music and you’re not the only person well read

The statement presents a journey of personal growth and evolving tastes in music, which is entirely valid and common. However, it becomes problematic when it generalizes the experiences and perceptions of others, dismisses an artist’s efforts as mere marketing ploys, and pits one artist against another in a way that belittles one’s artistry while elevating another’s.

Furthermore, labeling an artist’s intentions as purely marketing-driven without concrete evidence undermines their creative process and dismisses the impact they may have on their audience. It’s essential to acknowledge that different artists resonate with different individuals at various points in their lives, and preferences in music can be subjective and multifaceted.

it would be more constructive to appreciate the strengths and contributions of each artist in their own right, recognizing the diversity of artistic expression and the subjective nature of taste.

But the first thing yall Kendrick bots do is bash Lupe based on your personal opinions

No one has to agree with you right? lol

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lupe made a grunge song for the Twilight Soundtrack? :dahell:

That’s how you know I haven’t been paying attention to anything Lupe past FNL and The Cool.

And it's with some of the worst lyrics I have ever heard in my life.
:pachaha:

And the fingerless gloves :laff:

And it's for a teenage drama filled love story, like it's so fukking ridiculous that I gotta ask myself who thinks this shyt is cool?

you weren’t the only one there you weren’t the only one who does music and you’re not the only person well read

The statement presents a journey of personal growth and evolving tastes in music, which is entirely valid and common. However, it becomes problematic when it generalizes the experiences and perceptions of others, dismisses an artist’s efforts as mere marketing ploys, and pits one artist against another in a way that belittles one’s artistry while elevating another’s.

Furthermore, labeling an artist’s intentions as purely marketing-driven without concrete evidence undermines their creative process and dismisses the impact they may have on their audience. It’s essential to acknowledge that different artists resonate with different individuals at various points in their lives, and preferences in music can be subjective and multifaceted.

it would be more constructive to appreciate the strengths and contributions of each artist in their own right, recognizing the diversity of artistic expression and the subjective nature of taste.

But the first thing yall Kendrick bots do is bash Lupe based on your personal opinions

No one has to agree with you right? lol

Lupe fiasco's moves were definitely market driven tho.
He didn't sign to a major TO NOT sell out.
He recorded those singles.
He shot those videos.
He signed that contract.

It was all a choice.

Bro was actively trying to go big and failed.

I say the same things about Lupe fiasco that I say about Big Sean and anyone else who
unironically goes against rappers who have shown themselves to be their better several times over.
At this point, in the year of our lord, 2024, Lupe Fiasco criticizing any of these guys is like Cam'ron or Jadakiss
saying "I could've been Jay, he need to chill".

At best, it's just rapper cockiness.
At worst, it's someone completely tone deaf and ignorant to their standing in Hip-Hop in general.

Lupe is cool but he had all of those same major label resources but after months in the studio he dropped: Lasers.
Kendrick Lamar came out swinging and dropped GKMC.
Lupe fiasco dropped Food & Liquor II
Kendrick Lamar dropped TPAB.

TO reiterate on Lupe fiasco and him not being remotely the visionary that Kendrick Lamar is:

Dude had a budget.

Dude had access to world class engineers, A&Rs, producers etc.

He still never produced anything of the caliber of Kendrick's albums.

We gotta keep it real AT SOME POINT.

Dboy41

All Star
Daps

And it's for a teenage drama filled love story, like it's so fukking ridiculous that I gotta ask myself who thinks this shyt is cool?

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

He shot those videos.
He signed that contract.

It was all a choice.

I say the same things about Lupe fiasco that I say about Big Sean and anyone else who
unironically goes against rappers who have shown themselves to be their better several times over.
At this point, in the year of our lord, 2024, Lupe Fiasco criticizing any of these guys is like Cam'ron or Jadakiss

At worst, it's someone completely tone deaf and ignorant to their standing in Hip-Hop in general.

Lupe is cool but he had all of those same major label resources but after months in the studio he dropped: Lasers.

TO reiterate on Lupe fiasco and him not being remotely the visionary that Kendrick Lamar is:

Dude had a budget.

Lupe WAS successful and released critically acclaimed albums

Again I say you’re showing personal bias because YOU assumes that HIS decisions are solely motivated by commercial interests, ignoring the multitude of factors that influence artistic choices, including creative vision, personal beliefs, and artistic integrity.

Reducing his career to "selling out" or maintaining artistic purity overlooks what he had to do on Atlantic

You fail to consider the pressures and constraints artists face, such as contractual obligations, industry expectations, and the pursuit of financial stability. IT IS WELL DOCUMENTED HOW ATLANTIC fukkED HIM OVER.

Additionally, comparing artists solely based on commercial success or the perceived quality of their output overlooks the subjective nature of art and the diversity of audience preferences. LIKE YOU ARE DOING

Different artists have distinct styles, influences, and goals, and measuring their worth against each other based on arbitrary criteria undermines the richness and complexity of the musical landscape.

You are dismissing Lupe’s achievements and contributions based on your personal biases and preferences which is narrow-minded and discourages constructive dialogue about artistic merit and cultural impact. But you’re read and grown now right?

I’m not disagreeing with it all cause it's valid to critique an artist's work or career decisions, doing so without considering the broader context and complexities of the music industry is reductive and ultimately unproductive. LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN DOING based on your opinion cause you think Kendrick is better

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He shot those videos.
He signed that contract.

It was all a choice.

Dude had a budget.

Valid point. I remember Complex quoting one of your comment when ranking the most powerful forums years ago.