Lupe Fiasco Denies Apologizing To Kendrick Lamar In 2018

tehparadox

All Star
Daps
Don't even get me started on the Hip-Hop Kumite bullshyt.

Like K. Dot was supposed to drop Control and then respond to half the game, each with a uniquely crafted diss track.

When half of those clowns effectively faded out of the game since then.

Like people unironically post the Lupe fiasco, Jay Electronica and Joe BadA$$ responses like ANYONE remembers that shyt.

:pachaha:
Thank you.
shyt made me laugh when that clown said kendrick was ducking lupe...as if kendrick was gonna respond to every rapper that made a control remix, specially rappers that are not worth it. :snoop:
Nobody is jealous of Lupe, Lupe is the one that been jealous of other rappers for having better catalog, better career,...

"but but Nas and Jay praised Lupe"....motherfukker Nas and Jay also said Kendrick saved hip hop and made some of the best albums ever.

who the fukk have nas and jay not praised?

derro13

All Star
Daps
Lupe Fiasco is the very first industry plant that failed to make it.
just like Insensitive, I'm now working as a producer and the more I master my craft and learn about music and its technical aspects, the less I'm impressed with Lupe...On the other hand, rappers like Kendrick, Andre 3000, killer mike, now we talking about people that understand music.

Nothing new though, you'll never see a true music lover having praise for Lupe. What is there to praise? Ya can be fan of the dude, but that won't make his music good, cuz objectively it ain't good.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I see you and I raise you this trash:

"Rock" from the "Progressive" rapper that is just a kitsch, pastiche of Nickelback and Three Doors Down.

Kurt Cobain, Wasalu Jaco is not.

This among several other records is terribly unoriginal and just generally terrible.

Lupe WAS successful and released critically acclaimed albums

Again I say you’re showing personal bias because YOU assumes that HIS decisions are solely motivated by commercial interests, ignoring the multitude of factors that influence artistic choices, including creative vision, personal beliefs, and artistic integrity.

Reducing his career to "selling out" or maintaining artistic purity overlooks what he had to do on Atlantic

You fail to consider the pressures and constraints artists face, such as contractual obligations, industry expectations, and the pursuit of financial stability. IT IS WELL DOCUMENTED HOW ATLANTIC fukkED HIM OVER.

Additionally, comparing artists solely based on commercial success or the perceived quality of their output overlooks the subjective nature of art and the diversity of audience preferences. LIKE YOU ARE DOING

Different artists have distinct styles, influences, and goals, and measuring their worth against each other based on arbitrary criteria undermines the richness and complexity of the musical landscape.

You are dismissing Lupe’s achievements and contributions based on your personal biases and preferences which is narrow-minded and discourages constructive dialogue about artistic merit and cultural impact. But you’re read and grown now right?

I’m not disagreeing with it all cause it's valid to critique an artist's work or career decisions, doing so without considering the broader context and complexities of the music industry is reductive and ultimately unproductive. LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN DOING based on your opinion cause you think Kendrick is better

Keyword.
"Was".
Lupe Fiasco WAS successful and I will argue until my last breath that the music he released
is directly reflective of how little was invested in his own career, major label politics aside.

And I think we have difficulty talking about Lupe Fiasco and his art because no one
even remotely cares about albums on here outside of "Lyrics" and even "Lyrics" takes a backseat to
just individual techniques like Punchlines, Wordplay or the least important "quotable".

These discussions are rarely about the mixing and mastering, the layering of sounds, how different textures
clash, how a rapper managed to fit that into the narrow confines of rap instrumentals and somehow made it work etc.

Like Kendrick Lamar regularly gets derided on here like he's some kind of sound cloud rapper spitting over youtube beats
with $50 mixes.

Many on TheColi do not care about that kind of artistry whatsoever.

Friendly reminder: @Insensitive doesn't believe the majority of the shyt he's typing :coffee:
Now, I wouldn't say all that :mjpls:

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
This whole thread devolved into some Kendrick vs Lupe nonsense when the point was that nikka didn’t backtrack from no rap beef with K Dot :snoop:

nikkas got the call center bots in here shytting on a legend :snoop:

nikkas saying Kendrick is trash :snoop:

My nikka @Insensitive comparing Lupe to Canibus :snoop: shame on u

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow: I had to breh. :wow:

I gotta provide that counterbalance to Lupe being hyped to ridiculous levels on here.

I've seen Lupe fiasco put over legit titans in the game even people he bites like Jay-Z.

:wow: I had to do what no one else would. :wow:

:blessed:
I even posted the punk records with the English accent.

It had to be done.
:to:

Daps
All Lupe threads end up in the same place. Why does Lupe cause so much vitriol? Objectively, Kendrick is more acclaimed, and Lupe is many levels beyond Kendrick when it comes to rapping. I enjoy both of their music, but it is apples to oranges when comparing their primary focuses.

For the Kendrick stans, never forget:

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
:wow: I had to breh. :wow:

I gotta provide that counterbalance to Lupe being hyped to ridiculous levels on here.

I've seen Lupe fiasco put over legit titans in the game even people he bites like Jay-Z.

:wow: I had to do what no one else would. :wow:

:blessed:
I even posted the punk records with the English accent.

It had to be done.
:to:
Lupe is like 60% loved, 30% hated, 10% indifferent on this site

Not even the most rampant fan base, but you feel as tho his hype is unjustified so I get that.

My point in this thread is that we can all agree he wouldn’t have bytched up like Light Skin Jermaine

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Kendrick ain't even the real deal; dude can rap. He gave us two classics, I'll give him that. But he ain't no rebel and he's an industry baby like Lil Nas n'em. He ain't no Ice Cube.

When his plant ass drops some shyt like this talk to me, he'll never go against the establishment, cause the establishment is who made him.

AmeriKKKa%27s_Most_Wanted_%28Ice_Cube%29.jpg

^^ That nikka right there is the real West Coast GOAT who really belongs in the top 5 mentions, Not no scary ass Kungfu Kenny.

Ole I'ma drop an album every 5 years ass nikka, ole "whaddabout black on black crime" ass nikka. Ole Puppet ass nikka. Ole " my aunty my uncle, my uncle my aunty" ass nikka.

When u see nikkas like Charlamagne who isn't being held accountable for them accusations or his behavior on his platform supporting this plant ass nikka just know is cause dem ppl protecting they puppets.
The fact you invoke that fake ass nikka o'shea :laff:

Imma show you like the last nikka