Superstar
Daps
keep saying "VA" like it's a commonly known abbreviation for "voice actor"

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Joe's VA is Patrick Warburton. He had a few small parts in the movie.

Looked him up to see who the hell he is. A few small parts? I thought he only played the gay dude Mark Whalberg worked with?

keep saying "VA" like it's a commonly known abbreviation for "voice actor"

Right. The only time I ever heard VA used is for Virginia and Veteran's Assistance.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
dont waste your time with this.. shyt is blurry as fukk

7Vo6l.png

i know i was still gonna watch before my boy came in talking all that shyt lol

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
The movie was so-so. Its a movie to watch if you have nothing to do on a Sat evening. Funniest part was the hotel scene...I give them that.I agree with the poster who said...its the type of movie you could walk out on.Alot of it was forced humor. Mark Wahlberg seem out of place in this movie,I think Will Ferrell or a Tracy Morgan goofy type cat who would fit better in the role. Mark was the weakest link humor wise.Beside "Ted" nobody really stepped up in the movie comedic wise,Mila had her moments,Ted's gf should have been showed more,she had potential to be funny.The movie isnt rolling on the floor gut wrenching funny...its mainly Seth McFarlane putting a bunch of curse words together and people laughing at it (mainly teenagers and women).Story line has some cheesy moments.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
Word?:comeon:
How High was funny as hell the first time I saw it...and the scene when Redman starts heating the professor still have me crackin up, but How High is far from a classic. It can't be mentioned with an all time great film like Friday.

I wouldn't necessarily call Ted a classic either since I've only seen it once, but it had me dying throughout basically the entire movie. It was definitely better than How High and probably the funniest movie I've seen since Step Brothers.

For everyone else who says this wasn't funny, I'm interested to see what movies had y'all in hysterics. Probably some bullshyt like Wedding Crashers or Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Ok, Wedding Crashers had a few moments, but Sarah Marshall was wack as hell.

:sitdown:

Ted is garbage. Who mentioned Wedding Crashers and Sarah MArshall? The funny shyt I love is shyt like Office Space, Old School, Anchorman, Step Brothers, 21 Jumpstreet, Friday and yes. How High >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ted by far. How High is an all-time classic seen about 10 times

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
forgetting sarah marshall and wedding crashers, while not top tier comedies by any means, were clearly better than this movie. ted is not even in the realm of stuff like 40 year old virgin, something about mary, old school, office space, airplane, spinal tap, life of brian, borat, shaun of the dead, trading places, dumb & dumber, best in show, vacation, coming to america, kingpin, knocked up, caddyshack, swingers etc. thats the class of "great" comedies. ted is an average ass movie, and an average ass comedy. average movies like scary movie had a few good gags and a bunch of forced jokes. ted is in that ballpark

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
I thought the movie was good. Its not super hilarious all the way through, but the story is mad easy to get into. The funny parts are truly funny and the sad parts are truly on some...fukk this shyt is sad...

There were maybe like 2 recycled family guy gags. Other than that this shyt bears absolutely no resemblance to family guy. Except Mcfarlane being stuck in the 80's, which actually ends up being a high point in the movie (the coke party).
It's not random family guy shyt it's a focused coherent story
If you like movies go ahead and go see this joint. It's too unique of a flick to take anybody else's word for it

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The movie was so-so. Its a movie to watch if you have nothing to do on a Sat evening. Funniest part was the hotel scene...I give them that.I agree with the poster who said...its the type of movie you could walk out on.Alot of it was forced humor. Mark Wahlberg seem out of place in this movie,I think Will Ferrell or a Tracy Morgan goofy type cat who would fit better in the role. Mark was the weakest link humor wise.Beside "Ted" nobody really stepped up in the movie comedic wise,Mila had her moments,Ted's gf should have been showed more,she had potential to be funny.The movie isnt rolling on the floor gut wrenching funny...its mainly Seth McFarlane putting a bunch of curse words together and people laughing at it (mainly teenagers and women).Story line has some cheesy moments.
Saw it twice and nobody walked out, and the audience was of all ages & races. To each his own though :manny: