That Movie Ted Was Hilarious

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I'm a Family Guy fan and this movie was terrible to me. I took my girl too. I almost fell asleep and couldn't wait for it to end. What did you guys see in it? I went off the strength of this thread! :damn:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
Ya'll seriously thought this shyt was funny? All I seen was a bunch of 17 year old laughin at every lil thing. I honestly thought this shyt was hot garbage, there was no quotable or really classic moments and comedy is my favorite genre by far. I mean the average joke was some 3rd grade childish humor Ted calls 12 year old kid "fatty mcfatfukk" and the theater erupted in laughter and I'm like :rudy: This was literally the first movie since Holy Man that I thought about walking out on, but to each his own I guess.

:clap: thought i wuz goin crazy here..... shyt wuz hardly funny, i did laugh a few times ( i can count them on one hand)

overall shyt wuz forced childish humor, i wuz sittin there lookin at tha screen like :birdman: during most of tha jokes...

wack ass movie :thumbsdow

Gawd

?
Daps
Thanks for the spoilers and reviews. I still want to catch the flick. I'm not a movie dude, but I still want to see what all the hype is about. I guess I won't pay a penny for this movie now, but hopefully a R5 will drop in a month so I can peep it for myself. Props Arcadium brehs.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
forgetting sarah marshall and wedding crashers, while not top tier comedies by any means, were clearly better than this movie. ted is not even in the realm of stuff like 40 year old virgin, something about mary, old school, office space, airplane, spinal tap, life of brian, borat, shaun of the dead, trading places, dumb & dumber, best in show, vacation, coming to america, kingpin, knocked up, caddyshack, swingers etc. thats the class of "great" comedies. ted is an average ass movie, and an average ass comedy. average movies like scary movie had a few good gags and a bunch of forced jokes. ted is in that ballpark

Wedding Crashers is the worst "comedy" of the decade

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
forgetting sarah marshall and wedding crashers, while not top tier comedies by any means, were clearly better than this movie. ted is not even in the realm of stuff like 40 year old virgin, something about mary, old school, office space, airplane, spinal tap, life of brian, borat, shaun of the dead, trading places, dumb & dumber, best in show, vacation, coming to america, kingpin, knocked up, caddyshack, swingers etc. thats the class of "great" comedies. ted is an average ass movie, and an average ass comedy. average movies like scary movie had a few good gags and a bunch of forced jokes. ted is in that ballpark

I can only speak of the movies I've seen (the bold), but of those movies, the only ones I can CLEARLY say are funnier than Ted are Coming to America, 40 Year Old Virgin, and Vacation, meaning I've seen these movies dozens of times (Coming to America and Vacation well over 100) and I laugh every single time. Office Space, Airplane, and Trading Places are all classics, and better movies overall, but don't really make me laugh throughout. I thought the Naked Gun series was better than Airplane for what it's worth.

Dumb and Dumber, while funny, was FULL of forced jokes and bathroom humor. You'd be better off listing Ace Ventura if you were going to use a Jim Carrey movie. Been a while since I've seen Something About Mary...I'd have to get back to you on that.

The rest are just overrated romance comedies.

only black people dont seem to find this movie funny

I'm black and I thought it was hilarious. The whole damn theater was crackin up.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
you thought ted was hilarious, but dont like dumb and dumber because it was full of forced jokes and bathroom humor? :wtf:

*ignores your film opinion*

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
you thought ted was hilarious, but dont like dumb and dumber because it was full of forced jokes and bathroom humor? :wtf:

*ignores your film opinion*

I DID like Dumb and Dumber. I was responding to the fool I quoted who said Ted was full of forced jokes and potty humor, but listed Dumb and Dumber as an all time classic.

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Jesus...ok
sip.gif

I came in knowing it was a movie about Mark Wahlberg with a crude talking teddy bear that was being directed by Seth MacFarlane. The same way I go into a Michael Bay movie expecting to see shyt blow up for no absolute reason, seeing blue/orange tint throughout the movie and having a middle finger aimed towards the plot. What in the blue fukk did most of you expect?:what:

Do yall just walk into a theater with a permanent mad face? Be on some "let me sit down for this bullshyt. GIVE ME MY fukkIN POPCORN bytch" I bet some of yall were sucking teeth as soon as soon as you paid for the ticket.

Im just saying, sit down, turn your brain off and allow yourself to get stupid once in a while.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Jesus...ok
sip.gif

I came in knowing it was a movie about Mark Wahlberg with a crude talking teddy bear that was being directed by Seth MacFarlane. The same way I go into a Michael Bay movie expecting to see shyt blow up for no absolute reason, seeing blue/orange tint throughout the movie and having a middle finger aimed towards the plot. What in the blue fukk did most of you expect?:what:

Do yall just walk into a theater with a permanent mad face? Be on some "let me sit down for this bullshyt. GIVE ME MY fukkIN POPCORN bytch" I bet some of yall were sucking teeth as soon as soon as you paid for the ticket.

Im just saying, sit down, turn your brain off and allow yourself to get stupid once in a while.

Exactly. These fools go to this movie, knowing EXACTLY what to expect, yet they wanna get their Roger Ebert on and start critiquing EVERY little nuance.

I'm convinced the only people who didn't find Ted funny either:
A) went because everyone said it was funny and bought into the hype....followers
B) were dragged there by someone else...another form of following
C) Family Guy/Seth Macfarlane nerds who were disappointed because he didn't take it where YOU would have...even though you didn't even come up with the idea in the first place.

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
:childplease: pull down ya'll skirts everybody didn't find that movie funny. It's not a race thing like some would insinuate cause where I went to see it we were in the majority, I could count how many white people were there on my hand and everybody in the theater was :russ: :laugh: :pachaha: :laff: including my girl but I was :yeshrug: I walked in expecting it to be funny walked out disappointed I can count how many times I laughed. It wasn't a bad movie it just wasn't that funny, or as funny as I thought it would be. It not because of toilet humor because many great comedies are full of what some are calling juvenile toilet humor Anchorman, 40 Yr Old Virgin, Hangover, ect are full of that type of humor and cursing for shock but everybody seems to like those movies. The jokes were hit or miss in this movie and alot were just miss, for me that is. The funniest scenes were between Ted and that weird little kid.