Thanksgiving Horror Movie Trailer (11/17)

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mashing her pawgtatoes:banderas:

bbq-alert-chicken-alert.gif

:shaq:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
MINOR SPOILERS: Obviously if you don't wanna anythig about the movie just skip this. Not revealing anything major just a general review. No different then DT.

Basic plot: A tragic events occurs on Thanksgiving and someone(s) in a mask gets revenge. Yeah, I know, you've seen that a billion times.
Horror type: Blood and guts slasher. Movie is very violent in a cartoonish type of way. Sorta like Mortal Kombat type violence, the Rock movie "Pain and Gain". Definitely some torture. If that's not your thing and you turned off by alot blood, various body parts being slice, skip this one. And the tone is very satirical mixed with social commentary.

Positive: The star of this movie is the camera. When the movie is in it's bag, they really do a good job. Various camera angles make you see it from the victim perspective. I'm not a person who gets scared by jump scares. But if I was, I think they do a good job on alot kills. I def had the 😲 at alot parts though.

Acting: No really bad acting in this to me. Everything is professional. Nothing feels low budget. There is a breh in here but he definitely ain't from the inner city. And I'll leave it at that.

Kills- Alot of the kills are creative. Won't spoil it so I'll leave it at that.

Negative:
The last 4th of the movie really loses steam. You may not be predict motives but if you seen certain slasher film you can figure out who the killer (s) are. Ending was not good to me. Yeah, I get there is nothing really new but I've seen that ending in a million movies. To me, it was anti-climatic. Maybe if you turn off your brain and not figure out who the villian (s) are you'll be ok. But with this genre, it's like automatic. Particularly if your familiar with certain type of horror movie.

Bottom line: I was entertained by the kills 3/4 of the movie. Blood and guts don't excite me but that part is ok. But it fell off at the end. Not sure how the critics will receive it. But I talked with the top TV critic here in Detroit afterwards and he thought it was bad. He gave it a D. So if that's any indication, that may be the direction critics go. I guess will see if it's successful and will it become a franchise movie.

Last edited:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MINOR SPOILERS: Obviously if you don't wanna anythig about the movie just skip this. Not revealing anything major just a general review. No different then DT.

Basic plot: A tragic events occurs on Thanksgiving and someone(s) in a mask gets revenge. Yeah, I know, you've seen that a billion times.
Horror type: Blood and guts slasher. Movie is very violent in a cartoonish type of way. Sorta like Mortal Kombat type violence, the Rock movie "Pain and Gain". Definitely some torture. If that's not your thing and you turned off by alot blood, various body parts being slice, skip this one. And the tone is very satirical mixed with social commentary.

Positive: The star of this movie is the camera. When the movie is in it's bag, they really do a good job. Various camera angles make you see it from the victim perspective. I'm not a person who gets scared by jump scares. But if I was, I think they do a good job on alot kills. I def had the 😲 at alot parts though.

Acting: No really bad acting in this to me. Everything is professional. Nothing feels low budget. There is a breh in here but he definitely ain't from the inner city. And I'll leave it at that.

Kills- Alot of the kills are creative. Won't spoil it so I'll leave it at that.

Negative:
The last 4th of the movie really loses steam. You may not be predict motives but if you seen certain slasher film you can figure out who the killer (s) are. Ending was not good to me. Yeah, I get there is nothing really new but I've seen that ending in a million movies. To me, it was anti-climatic. Maybe if you turn off your brain and not figure out who the villian (s) are you'll be ok. But with this genre, it's like automatic. Particularly if your familiar with certain type of horror movie.

Bottom line: I was entertained by the kills 3/4 of the movie. Blood and guts don't excite me but that part is ok. But it fell off at the end. Not sure how the critics will receive it. But I talked with the top TV critic here in Detroit afterwards and he thought it was bad. He gave it a D. So if that's any indication, that may be the direction critics go. I guess will see if it's successful and will it become a franchise movie.
Reviews are looking generally very positive. I’m still debating seeing this tomorrow on my day off but I also haven’t seen Killers of the Flower Moon yet, so I’m 50/50 on which I’ll end up seeing

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haha

This was the best and entertaining Slasher in years! Nice kills and OTT set ups!

Grindhouse shyt!
This was A LOT of fun!
The black friday shopping scene almost felt like you were watching a real life South Park scene :mjlol:

Dempsey using the tag line (this year there will be no leftovers!) right at the end was the cherry on top of this entertaining gorefest :whew:

I liked that most of the best parts of the trailer were included more or less to some degree.

I'll be on the lookout for a sequel announcement :hubie:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
This was A LOT of fun!
The black friday shopping scene almost felt like you were watching a real life South Park scene :mjlol:

Dempsey using the tag line (this year there will be no leftovers!) right at the end was the cherry on top of this entertaining gorefest :whew:

I liked that most of the best parts of the trailer were included more or less to some degree.

I'll be on the lookout for a sequel announcement :hubie:
Word the beginning was mad, crazy and reminded me a bit of chopping mall!

The cheerleader scene! 😆 🤣

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
We just got back and I LOVED IT. It really took me back to all those old time classic slashers of the past. I only have one negative that I'll touch on later. The casting was perfectly fine, there's a couple well known actors and actresses, the rest was filled out with unknowns but it was fine.

The whole story was pretty basic but made sense and kept you guessing enough to get the job done. The kills were pretty good.

Where Roth was really :cook: was towards the end during the

dinner table scene
I thought that was the best part and he should have lingered on it even longer. It was gross but fantastic all the same.

I'd give this a good 8/10 on the slasher scale.

My biggest negative was that he chose to go modern with it. That's cool and all but I think if he would have went with the 70's slasher aesthetic with the grainy film style it would have worked even better... I think cell phones just take me out of a lot of horror movies.

Regardless this was cool and there's a couple surprises, the women in the movie were fine too.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
We just got back and I LOVED IT. It really took me back to all those old time classic slashers of the past. I only have one negative that I'll touch on later. The casting was perfectly fine, there's a couple well known actors and actresses, the rest was filled out with unknowns but it was fine.

The whole story was pretty basic but made sense and kept you guessing enough to get the job done. The kills were pretty good.

Where Roth was really :cook: was towards the end during the

dinner table scene
I thought that was the best part and he should have lingered on it even longer. It was gross but fantastic all the same.

I'd give this a good 8/10 on the slasher scale.

My biggest negative was that he chose to go modern with it. That's cool and all but I think if he would have went with the 70's slasher aesthetic with the grainy film style it would have worked even better... I think cell phones just take me out of a lot of horror movies.

Regardless this was cool and there's a couple surprises, the women in the movie were fine too.
Ohhhh i was thinking the same why dud he stick with a contemporary setting? Budget?
This would have been a whole different film/experience if made in the realms of 70s or 80s era!! Hmmmm