Texas Brehs and Brehettes how y’all handling this winter storm?

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
And who the hell expects a snow storm in Texas?
Yep. Floods were a bigger problem when I lived in houston.

Now ice storms in the winter were a problem. Folks talking about wind turbines but one thing that used to happen a lot, at least in Houston, is that due to the high humidity, ice developed easily when it got below 32 degrees. What would happen is icec would form on the power line and the weight would bring down the power lines.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
:damn:

6:44 p.m. ET, February 15, 2021
Louisiana reports first storm-related death
From CNN's Kay Jones
A man who slipped on ice and hit his head is Louisiana's first death related to the winter storm sweeping across the state, the state's Department of Health confirmed Monday.

The 50-year-old man who lived in Lafayette Parish died after slipping on the ice and hitting his head on the ground, the Louisiana Department of Health said in a news release.

"The coroner has confirmed this death as storm related. It is the first death related to the February 2021 Winter Storm," the department said in the statement.

:stylin: to :dead:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yep. Floods were a bigger problem when I lived in houston.

Now ice storms in the winter were a problem. Folks talking about wind turbines but one thing that used to happen a lot, at least in Houston, is that due to the high humidity, ice developed easily when it got below 32 degrees. What would happen is icec would form on the power line and the weight would bring down the power lines.
Yeah ice on power lines used to be a big deal. I can remember a winter storm guaranteeing power outages when I was younger, but now they run the lines below ground and it’s infrequent. Well, in some areas.

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
They do make wind turbines that can work in cold harsh environments. Given texas' preparation for snow removal I'd take a guess that they dropped the ball on this as well.
Some of those accounts HAVE to be trolling...there are wind turbines in far colder places WORLDWIDE.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
My people stay in Abilene and they are going through it!! They’re cool on the snow because they stocked up and work is either remote or canceled but they been complaining about the cold for a good 10 hours now.

Just a lil karma for when y’all get down on the north during winter :pachaha: