Terrence Howard Reveals He’s Retiring: ‘This Is the End for Me’​

Joshua Espinoza

BYJOSHUA ESPINOZA
Find him on Twitter.
Dec 09, 2022

• COMMENT
Terrence Howard attends Peacock's The Best Man: The Final Chapters Premiere

Image via Getty/Unique Nicole/WireImage
Terrence Howard says he’s ready to hang up his hat…for real this time.
The Oscar-nominated actor announced his decision during a red carpet event for The Best Man: The Final Chapters, an upcoming Peacock series in which he reprises his role as Quentin Spivey. Howard told Entertainment Tonight that the show will serve as his swan song, as he plans to formally retire.
“This is the end for me. I don’t know if it’s the end for the rest of them,” he said. “I retired two years ago, for the most part. I was done. … I asked Sidney Poitier 10 years ago, does he want to do any more work, and he said, ‘Why would I spend my last 10 years doing an impersonation of myself?’ And that’s what I’ve gotten to.”
Howard made similar comments back in 2019, claiming he would step away from acting after the conclusion of Fox’s hit series Empire. However, the 53-year-old has appeared in multiple projects, including the 2021 drama Triumph, 2022’s The Walk, and the aforementioned The Best Man series, which premieres Dec. 22 on Peacock.
RELATED STORIES

STORY CONTINUES BELOW
Terrence Howard arrives on the red carpet for the 89th Oscars
Terrence Howard Plans to Retire After ‘Empire’
tyrese-gibson
"What More Do You Want From ME!" Tyrese Gibson Says He Lost Roles to Terrence Howard Because of Colorism
This is a photo of The Best Man.
‘The Best Man’ Series Coming to Peacock With Stars From Original Movies
“I’ve gotten to the point where now I’ve given the very best that I have as an actor,” Howard continued, before praising the younger generation of talent. “Now I’m enjoying watching other new talent come around, and I don’t want to do an impersonation of myself. … Yes, there’s some better actors out there that can do things that I was never able to do. So I want to applaud them, I want to be excited about what they do.”

Howard began his acting career in the early 1990s, landing small-screen roles in All My Children and The Jacksons: An American Dream miniseries. The Chicago native would go on to appear in critically acclaimed films like Dead Presidents, Crash, Iron Man, and Hustle & Flow. The latter of which earned him a Best Actor nomination at the 78th annual Academy Awards.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
He’s actually now fully invested in his mentally deranged passion project: the Lynchpin theory :mjgrin:

Y’all think I’m lying? Breh went coocoo a few years back and tried to reinvent physics, despite never studying it formally.

He’s been sonned and embarrassed by physicists on the highest of levels. Dude is full on deranged Cult leader status when it comes to this.

He’s also been investing heavily into “science” that can “prove” the Lynchpin to be real :mjlol:

Design/physics brehs can make a major come up with him if anyone’s interested. He just hosted a contest last year

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It sounds like he doesn't love it anymore, and he should be well off to pursue other things, so much love and appreciation for him. :ehh:

Hopefully he's done because he's actually done though and not because of naysayers and haters dragging him on the internet

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Career fumbled after he fukked up that Iron Man situation.

Even though Empire was somewhat interesting when it first started, he should’ve been locked in Marvel movies for 10 years easily.

If you get into Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel or DC franchises, play it smart. shyt, even the Fast and Furious crew has been eating off of mediocre content for 20 years.

He simply did it wrong.