Tenn. owes TSU half a $ Billion/*sent $250 mil for repairs & campus housing / *TSU board vacated, new appointees named

invalid

Banned
Daps
These schools are small cities they generate millions, that money should be targeted to black owned companies otherwise it’s just being wasted.

Do you think these schools have an obligation to their local communities? There has always been a divide between the campus bubble and locals with locals saying colleges not doing enough to bridge the divide.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
She's also the president of the AKAs. Don't know how she has time to do both. Her productivity must be on a hundredleventhousand.
We have a running joke about those circles. When you see someone there who doesn't look like what the members have traditionally looked like, then they must have done breakthrough research on an illness, won a Pulitzer or something.

Looked up her bio, and as expected.

IMG_2948-e1497875823423.jpg

Glenda Glover PhD CPA JD , her father, Henry Baskin, was a Civil Rights leader /labor advocate.

Even Nigerians are reading this saying, "hey she's just showing off at this point, what is she trying to prove with all those degrees?"

* just jokes

Glover is pumpfaking, wearing Zeta colors at the Street Sign Ceremony
Yes, this is a real life Superwoman to be able to do so many things.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
back from a deployment.

but if that's the case, there should also be a survey into just how much TSU has potentially missed out on if they had received that $544M over the course of time.

that's over 100 + years of missed opportunity

be safe fam, and fingers crossed that they would do a survey and properly asses what they are owed

invalid

Banned
Daps
We have a running joke about those circles. When you see someone there who doesn't look like what the members have traditionally looked like, then they must have done breakthrough research on an illness, won a Pulitzer or something.

Looked up her bio, and as expected.

IMG_2948-e1497875823423.jpg

Glenda Glover PhD CPA JD , her father, Henry Baskin, was a Civil Rights leader /labor advocate.

Even Nigerians are reading this saying, "hey she's just showing off at this point, what is she trying to prove with all those degrees?"

* just jokes

Glover is pumpfaking, wearing Zeta colors at the Street Sign Ceremony
Yes, this is a real life Superwoman to be able to do so many things.

I think she is one of only a few women to have the CPA/JD/PHd combo.

She faced some backlash a while ago because she was invited and accepted an offer to join the board of CoreCivic. Not sure if you're familiar with them but CoreCivic runs private prisons. CoreCivic was trying to add diverse voices to their board and operations. Anyway, TSU and AKA went in on her and she backed out of taking the position. Folks from TSU have been wanting to get her out the paint because of her dual allegiance with AKA and was hoping they could play up the CoreCivic debacle but she wasn't going anywhere. I crossed paths with her at a NABA convention years ago (I'm also a CPA). I think she had a board position with the Nashville NABA Chapter. She was on the go then.

This brings up the second tier of the argument, which focuses most on Tennessee State, Glenda Glover and how the campus community really feels about her. Her almost-board partnership is an easy mark for a growing number of detractors who have never wanted her in leadership. They are dismayed that complaints about her dual allegiances to TSU and AKA haven’t gotten her removed and hope that the public furor over this issue finally topple the pile of grievances against her administration.

The gentleman that's standing right behind her in your photo is Edmund Ford. He's a member of the Fords of Memphis, one of the most elite black families out of that city. Him and my brothers pledged the same fraternity chapter which was founded by one of my mentors that I mentioned here:

Bu bu but....the black elite does nothing to help black people. @Get These Nets

Justin headed this initiative. I grew up with him. His father was a mentor of mine. Justin is an Alpha and Jack and Jiller. Attended the elite Lab School and the University of Chicago. His father was a distinguished attorney, Alpha, and member of the black old guard Chicago Assembly. My brothers pledged the Alpha chapter he chartered down in Nashville. And his mother is an AKA and a member of both the Links and Jack and Jill of America.

You may know his more famous cousin, Harold Ford, Jr - whom the black elites were trying to groom to be the first black president. Obama got the last laugh though.

636231839789610771-lmford1-1228632.JPG

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I think she is one of only a few women to have the CPA/JD/PHd combo.

She faced some backlash a while ago because she was invited and accepted an offer to join the board of CoreCivic. Not sure if you're familiar with them but CoreCivic runs private prisons. CoreCivic was trying to add diverse voices to their board and operations. Anyway, TSU and AKA went in on her and she backed out of taking the position. Folks from TSU have been wanting to get her out the paint because of her dual allegiance with AKA and was hoping they could play up the CoreCivic debacle but she wasn't going anywhere.

Thanks. Wonder what caused her to exercise such poor judgement to even consider the board position.

There are always internal politics in colleges and schools. I have educators in my family and friend circle. From the early childhood education classroom to provost track, drama, backstabbing, etc,etc. Unbelievable office politics.

Having said that, first thing I looked up when you told me about her detractors was who makes up the TSU Board of Trustees. Her father was a well connected man in that state. The board members are likely the children of his colleagues. I know very little about that state, but she's well connected in her own right + her family's connections to other powerful families, she's good.
The gentleman that's standing right behind her in your photo is Edmund Ford. He's a member of the Fords of Memphis, one of the most elite black families out of that city. Him and my brothers pledged the same fraternity chapter which was founded by one of my mentors that I mentioned here:
Yeah, your rebuttals to the "bu bu but the Boule never does anything for Blacks" get avoided no matter how many pieces of legislation, foundations, grants, scholarships, internships, mentor programs you list.

You may know his more famous cousin, Harold Ford, Jr - whom the black elites were trying to groom to be the first black president. Obama got the last laugh though.

636231839789610771-lmford1-1228632.JPG
Yeah Harold's name came up when people were running with "bu bu but whites only allowed Obama in because he has a foreign background".
Revisionism makes people forget how much of a long shot Barack Obama was, and that the sons of AA political giants were being groomed to be on a Dem. ticket...Jesse Jackson Jr. and Harold Ford Jr.
Harold literally had next. He got the prime speaking slot at the DNC, and was the next rising star.
He just couldn't win the Senate seat.
Harold got his Pop's name, and his pigmentation.
Harold is so light, he probably introduced Barack by saying "Brother Darkness!, Darkness is spreading"

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
UPDATE 09/14/21

Education Officials Propose Plan To Make Up For Years Of Underfunding At TSU
https://wpln.org/post/author/dmitchell/
September 14, 2021

Tennessee-State-University-TSU-1024x568.jpg

Tennessee lawmakers are now one step closer to making up for past funding issues with the state’s only public historically Black college, Tennessee State University. The state may have shorted the college upwards of $500 million.

In June, a joint legislative committee tasked with looking into the issue directed the Tennessee Higher Education Commission to identity potential investments that will bring the university’s facilities and academic programs up to par with other fully funded colleges.

THEC is recommending funding for new dorm rooms, study halls, and safety and security systems, according to a memo sent to committee members earlier this month. But Tennessee State is unlikely to receive a lump sum cash investment.

Education officials are also suggesting improvements to the college’s electrical infrastructure, and funding for parking, roads and sidewalks.

There is also talk of funding a bigger pot of financial aid to help students pay for college. That’s in addition to putting more money into mental health counseling and other student support services. Two goals of the college are to boost academic outcomes and graduation rates.

The next step, says THEC, is to verify Tennessee State’s needs and appoint someone to oversee the proposed projects