Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 3 Will Be Out This Year
TWDS2Trailer-610.jpg

Telltale is returning in full force to the world of The Walking Dead this year. The studio is currently in the midst of the three-part Michonne miniseries, but there’s something more in store.

Speaking with Mashable, Telltale has confirmed that The Walking Dead Season 3 is in development and on the way. We learn more later this year, but the big news is that at least one episode will be out in 2016.

Because many players have upgraded or otherwise switched platforms, Telltale recognizes that it needs to improve its save porting. Choice is important in Telltale games, and having to replay earlier seasons on new platforms to get things just right is a bit of a drag.

Thankfully, a solution might be on the way. "We've got a strategy to help Season 3 players ... collect all their data from the previous games,” CEO Kevin Bruner told Mashable. “[W]e didn't have the cloud services in Season 1 that we have now. So we're going to have a solution for everybody that we're not talking about it yet."

[Source: Mashable]

Our Take
Telltale is working on improving its technology, which is music to my ears. With such enormous properties on the way, including Batman and unspecified Marvel project, and a faster cadence for episode releases, the studio seems to have found a great rhythm.

Email the author Mike Futter, or follow on Google+, Twitter, and Game Informer

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:blessed:

BUT Telltale is taking on so many projects at once, the wolf among us is getting left behind...

why the hell did they think minecraft was a good idea :scust:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Currently playing season two now. Can't wait. Liked season one. Gotta check out the game of thrones series too.

GoldTeef

Sarranid Bleu
Daps
Reppin
Fooglies
Season 2's ending made me tear up a bit when I left Kenny to go to whatever that place was.

I wonder what they're going to do though, there are like 4 completely different endings, I hope they don't do some time skip bullshyt and have everyone start at the same place.

Daps
didn't really like the storline of season 2(they should have never killed of Lee)
-wasn't feeling the way that made the black guy a coward whom left Clem to fend for herself when shyt hit the fan,

the black on black crime to start off the episode: arug wench(Christa) killing the another sisterrMichellle) whom accidentally killed her sand cac boyfriend (Omid)let me know off top this season was going to be c00ned out:camby:

when antoher sister(Rebecca) emerged as a conniving bed wench i started to notice a pattern:mjpls:
-Clem's relationship with that redneck dude(Kennyl) was creepy:aicmon:
-was it really necessary to kill of the slow little Mexican girl (Sarah)so brutally:damn:
-and am i really supposed to believe that Kenny would reason with and respect choice to and go her own way in such a dangerous world carrying a newborn:shaq2:never mind Kenny looks like a cac whom rides with a Confederate flag on his pickup and Clem looks atleast part black and was looking after a blackwoman's child so i'm sure he dgaf if the lil darkies end up zombie bite sized treats:troll:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm done with telltale until they fix their tech.:camby:

All that stuttering and long load times shytnisnformthe birds, especially when these games shouldn't be that demaninding in the first place.

They've made enough money now, production values need to reflect that.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'm done with telltale until they fix their tech.:camby:

All that stuttering and long load times shytnisnformthe birds, especially when these games shouldn't be that demaninding in the first place.

They've made enough money now, production values need to reflect that.
Sounds like an XB1 specific problem. Game was silky smooth on PS4 :sas2: