Tell me your favorite Final Fantasy game ❤️

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I was wondering why I was getting notifications on thus thread and then I read elsewhere that 8 is dropping on the PS4 first week of September. Completely missed the announcement, as it looks like it was announced not too long ago. This was and has always been my favorite one. I'm not ready for the wave of nostalgia that's about wash over me. Sony is really about to take me back. :wow:Havent played this in nearly 20 years, so outside of the first couple of hours, its going to be fresh all over again.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Bump, just pre-ordered the Final Fantasy VIII remaster.

That nostalgia :blessed:

Preloaded and waiting. :myman: Again, its been right at 20 years since I've had a chance to play this. Feels good that I'll finally be able to finish it. If they ever drop a 'Legend of Dragoon' remaster, I'm set.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

Low key this is the best Final Fantasy game ever.

Tactics

I won't include 11 cause while it apparently was a great game it's an MMO so it's hard to realistically compare it to a single player RPGs because it is a vastly different experience.

Superstar
Daps
6,7, and 8 are my favorites and the most mature with just a little grit. I never liked 9, and tried over and over to play it; too much fantasy for me, and too goofy at times. If you like teen drama anime's then ff9 might be for you. That shyt was like Dawson’s creek with magic and swords.

I’ve also tried 10 since it’s originally dropped. I can’t get over the whiny ass voice of the main protagonist. I’ve read a summary of the story, and preferred it that way lol. It was pretty advanced enough to get through when it first dropped. Blitz ball was the only redeeming thing about it for me.

Tactics was really cool and a favorite amongst the community. Also check out xenogears, vagrant story, and suikonden 2 (I think I spelled it right). Those were all favorites by squaresoft.

11 is a waste. 12 was really dry. The world is bland and it’s hard to find a reason to want to keep checking bounties. 13 is a hallway simulator. The first 45 mins were bruh-man running down a single hallway and reading ancient texts. By the time you get to the possible start of the game, you turn it off and rethink life. Some people really like 14, it’s online I might try it one day.

15 was cool at first but dries up real quick. I think it would have been better if the camera wasn’t free and the world wasn’t open. I enjoyed it for a few days then took a break. I forgot to pick it back up until months later. Once I started playing again I realized I didn’t have a reason to finish.

6-8 is like the WWF attitude era or the 1980’s-2001 NBA. Everything after is like the family friendly WWE or or no hand check, and no tolerance fighting policy NBA. Can’t hurt to try them all though.

Last edited:

King Khufu

CARTEL MAFIA GANG
Daps
Reppin
At Ur Mama's Bando
I like the old stuff better.

I have a copy of FF5 & FF6. They are easy to play at a slow pace, allows strategization for battles and equipment. Play style of the game is mission oriented that is somewhat open ended for user choice to level up with enough story to keep focused.

The later games get too story oriented at a slower pace to me to be excited about. Though FF7 and FFX have great graphics and game play for the time with a remembering story that's more so futuristic fantasy but doesn't give that medieval quest feel that I really like that Final Fantasy is known for.

The newer stuff is too japanese anime catered to my tastes. Nah not for me, Though I bet is cool, but I like the direct simpleness of the OG games and how it is plays out smoother.

The first final fantasy games had that traveler in the wild feel.
It was a lot less action pack oriented it more so for the thinking man.
The key elements to this where the fight strategies were meant to level up certain characters in the process.

However I always give props to the original makers and there fellow disciples that apprentice into making the new ones.

Square-Enix it is one of my favorite game production companies.

Reading some of the interviews from the actual makers themselves during the process of making the originals it was very interesting to know what kind of talent and motivation they had working on very limited space high tech computers at the time, yet they all enjoyed themselves as it was symmetrical energy to complete this productions. No wonder why the originals were very successful.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
8: at the time I was just in love with the look of the game and the character designs. But nowadays I see that the game has some weird gameplay elements

9: is the GOAT to me.

Cyber

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
VII and it's not close, as someone that played it late (damn near 15 years after I played all of I-VI which would all be the "nostalgia" games for me) I see why it's so revered. Game would have blown me away had I played it in 97. I like the post-industrial setting and the dynamic between Cloud and Sephiroth. My only real nitpick was that it started the trend of using 3 characters instead of 4.

VI is next, Kefka is a GOAT tier villain who actually accomplished his goals. Then IX, then XII, then IV rounds out my top 5.

Haven't played VIII or X yet, or any game past XII, will get VIII very soon. I've seen mixed reviews regarding VIII but It can't be any more wack than II with it's battle system, that's a game I still find enjoyable even if it's the worst FF game I've played

throboss

Rookie
Daps
FFXI MMORPG is my favorite. The storyline, level grind, and 5 expansion packs were very rewarding. FF III/VI on SNES emulator is a close 2nd.

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Speaking of FF, is XV worth playing? Saw it for like $10 this past weekend in GameStop. Thought about copping but idk