Tekken 8 | PS5/XBOX SERIES X|S/STEAM | Heihachi Returns this Autumn

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I’m glad you have such an optimistic view toward beatdowns

Cuz I almost launched my ps5 out the damn window playing black Jesus

Fighting games is literally the only time I get upset or angry nowadays :mjlol:

I used to go to the local aftet sparring and legit be in a better mood fighting nikkas irl than playing strive :mjlol:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Fighting games is literally the only time I get upset or angry nowadays :mjlol:

I used to go to the local aftet sparring and legit be in a better mood fighting nikkas irl than playing strive :mjlol:
I wanted to try Strive

I bought street fighter but that green paint armor break move shyt got on my nerves

It is a good game though

Didn’t even touch trash kombat

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
:jbhmm:

Quick question for my Pad players

How do y'all grip your controller, pause?

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:jbhmm:

Quick question for my Pad players

How do y'all grip your controller, pause?

For pad I use a dualsense edge held regularly but I map L3/R3 to the back paddles for rage art/heat smash. R1/R2 set to 1+2 & 3+4, and L1/L2 set to throws. IMO this is the best possible pad setup on PlayStation overall

Been learning leverless on the razer kitsune lately tho it’s been super satisfying :ohlawd:

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
I grip it regular because I use binds (sorry if that breaks the unwritten rules POPS @Black_Jesus )

For the d-pad though, I’m trying to adjust to using the tip of my thumb instead of the ball of my thumb, seems to be more precise

Lol they have leverless hitboxes now. There are no more rules.

Top of the thumb for dpad is a must imo. So much easier to hit diff directions. Using the ball will tire me out and make my execution sloppy

For pad I use a dualsense edge held regularly but I map L3/R3 to the back paddles for rage art/heat smash. R1/R2 set to 1+2 & 3+4, and L1/L2 set to throws. IMO this is the best possible pad setup on PlayStation overall

Been learning leverless on the razer kitsune lately tho it’s been super satisfying :ohlawd:

So I switched from claw, to regular grip with everything mapped and I feel like a complete dumbazz for not trying it sooner. It almost feels like my character was designed for reg grip.

So much less stress. Just Frames a breeze. I can play and practice for longer. Execution doesn't weigh on me as much I don't feel like I need to scramble as much.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the ranked system in this game is so fukking retarded lol. you lose like 680 points losing to a tekken god and only gain 500. make it make sense.
Majority of fighting games rank system is like that and I have no idea why. Why do we lose more than we would have won if we would have won the match? It's beyond stupid. DBFZ annoyed the fukk out with that. It's also dumb that I lose more points from someone of a higher ranking than me than I would from someone a lower ranking.

Street Fighter 6 is the only fighting that doesn't do that. Matter of fact you can't lose more than 40 points a match while you can gain as much as 255 I think in one match.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
the ranked system in this game is so fukking retarded lol. you lose like 680 points losing to a tekken god and only gain 500. make it make sense.
The rank is like that to separate the elite players from the decent players.. and I believe it's only like that once you get to the higher ranks.. Nah you have to win consistently to rank up.. losing more points to higher ranks than if you win is their way of telling you that you ain't ready yet :heh:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
The rank is like that to separate the elite players from the decent players.. and I believe it's only like that once you get to the higher ranks.. Nah you have to win consistently to rank up.. losing more points to higher ranks than if you win is their way of telling you that you ain't ready yet :heh:

This is the only game Ive seen a system like this. It really promotes one n doneing if u tryna be optimal about your climb :mjgrin: