Tekken 8 | PS5/XBOX SERIES X|S/STEAM | Heihachi Returns this Autumn

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
This is my first time actually learning a fighting game outside of Smash/Multiversus so I should be light work for someone like you but that will only last for so long. I plan on playing this for years to come:mjgrin:

Getting to Fujin in 3 months is not bad by any means so yall not about to front on me:manny:. I've already seen players come and go while I stayed the course constantly fighting people way more experienced than me. I just gotta keep progressing and I will. Talk tough while you still can my guy, I never have and never will be scared. Always down to scrap:ufdup:

Its all harmless banter my guy. I'mma def be playing this week

Get them bnbs up tho :troll:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
I mean no hate but what really qualifies as Tekken? Is Yoshi not tekken? Lars existence...Bryan has unblockables lol.

what in your opinion is Tekken. I'm a newcomer playing wise but I've followed the series for decades and IDK, the game has always seemed to have some zany bullshyt even dating back to t2 lol
I can really break this down more when I get off work later today.. But I can tell you this.. If you came to Tekken like after T6, You dont know characters aren't supposed to have mixups that melt you from both close and mid range... I consider that a modern character not a traditional character where you have to use brain cells.. But then you have Alisa who doesnt even have to use her moveset at all. She can just take flight and do an across the screen mixup high, mid, or low.. whip out chainsaws and spam chainsaw mixups that are super plus on hit and block until you die or guess right making her put the chainsaws away for that second

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I can really break this down more when I get off work later today.. But I can tell you this.. If you came to Tekken like after T6, You dont know characters aren't supposed to have mixups that melt you from both close and mid range... I consider that a modern character not a traditional character where you have to use brain cells.. But then you have Alisa who doesnt even have to use her moveset at all. She can just take flight and do an across the screen mixup high, mid, or low.. whip out chainsaws and spam chainsaw mixups that are super plus on hit and block until you die or guess right making her put the chainsaws away for that second

I feel you breh but tekken 6 came out 17 years ago. It actually has been more time between that game and this one than tekken 1 to 6 so like...the direction they've taken the game since then has been more represented than whatever they did before. I do this too in other games but the whole "braindead" character really is cope 90% of the time because once you get to a certain level, you no longer playing dumb players any more anyway.

I'm just pushing back a lil cuz I come from marvel, melee, and anime shyts and the shift from xrd to strive is 1000% more pronounced than 6 to this game. melee to brawl was such a huge shift most of the playerbase quit.

Alisa does seem like an outlier annoying ass bytch tho. and no one likes her, besides her mains. and even they probably just play her to be dikkheads

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Alisa does seem like an outlier annoying ass bytch tho. and no one likes her, besides her mains. and even they probably just play her to be dikkheads

The way people get so salty about this character is :mjlol: I've never seen anything like it in a multiplayer game.

When I first started playing I would run matches in the tekken lounge and there would be spectators who would never play me because I "use a cheap character" but would literally follow me around and spectate all my matches and talk shyt in the chat if I lost. Mind you Im not even talking trash literally just looking for people to lab against like 2 weeks into learning the game, and these mf's deadass tryna cyberbully me :russ:

I came into this game with no prior context on character but liked Alisa because of the high mobility and brutality of her attacks. The fact that she makes your opponents SALTY AS fukk just makes it that much more fun to learn her explosive bag of tricks :ahh:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I feel you breh but tekken 6 came out 17 years ago. It actually has been more time between that game and this one than tekken 1 to 6 so like...the direction they've taken the game since then has been more represented than whatever they did before. I do this too in other games but the whole "braindead" character really is cope 90% of the time because once you get to a certain level, you no longer playing dumb players any more anyway.

I'm just pushing back a lil cuz I come from marvel, melee, and anime shyts and the shift from xrd to strive is 1000% more pronounced than 6 to this game. melee to braare betweewl was such a huge shift most of the playerbase quit.

The direction they've taken was to help sorry nikkas get wins and lower the gap between skilled and non skilled players PERIOD.. Im not concerned about what other fighting games did, cause as silly as Tekken had become it still is far >>>>>> than those other fighters you mentioned.. When I said braindead I was only referring to Alisa cause as of right now they are attempting to balance the game and have nerfed and made adjustments to all the braindead OP characters EXCEPT for Alisa which I find very strange..
I only brought up t6 because thats the point when they started to veer into the direction you mentioned, and I get why they did 100% and have accepted it.. But if you weren't on this shyt before t6 heavily you wont have a clue why certain characters keep having to get buffed and others keep having to get nerfed OR about the difference between the modern characters and the more traditional style characters.. You may look at that bullshyt Alisa, Victor, Reina etc are doing and think that bullshyt style is what Tekken always has been

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Why Harada Why

Why would you give King a WaveDash

He doesn't have a scary low out of it beyond the ff n 2 but uhhhhh if you can execute that shyt is going to be a huge fukking problem to deal with. He still got crazy mids and throws. soon as that nikka start wavu wavuing me I'm hopkicking and hoping for the best :francis:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
He doesn't have a scary low out of it beyond the ff n 2 but uhhhhh if you can execute that shyt is going to be a huge fukking problem to deal with. He still got crazy mids and throws. soon as that nikka start wavu wavuing me I'm hopkicking and hoping for the best :francis:
Yeah he got that dikk punch, which if he gets a counter it’s like 2 million damage

Then he got that mid high string which if it connects he gets a combo

Then he can buffer his throws while wave dashing , if you late on your hop kick he can grab you out the air

Not to mention , if he’s in heat he can threaten with that stupid ass OP heat smash

I think they buffed his stupid ass roar armor move too

Fukk King

Last edited:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Yeah he got that dikk punch, which if he gets a counter it’s like 2 million damage

Then he got that mid high string which if it connects he gets a combo

Then he can buffer his throws while wave dashing , if you late on your hop kick he can grab you out the air

Not to mention , if he’s in heat he can threaten with that stupid ass OP heat smash

I think they buffed his stupid ass roar armor move too

Fukk King
looking at that patch Paul can deal with all that shyt :sas1:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
I think what they did with Paul was stupid

Hammer of Gods didn’t need no buffs , now , it can chip damage and counter launch if you hold it

Amongst other buffs

You ain’t never heard me complain about Paul, I was content - at the highest of highs , I don’t think he can compete with the top nikkas but whatever I ain’t at that level anyway

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

Im gonna pick up reina

Cheatbox got me looking like a Mishima vet. got me doing electrics out of crispy ass wavedashes. I can't wait to have nikkas seethe when i pull out the box at locals :troll: :lolbron:

DTXwavey_02

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Damn reina got hit in terms of nerfs:mjcry:

Just gotta adapt to it tho, ff2 was really fukking strong. But nerfing fc dcf4 wasn’t needed in my opinion