Tekken 8 | PS5/XBOX SERIES X|S/STEAM | Heihachi Returns this Autumn

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
Ps5 pad getting me killed, d- pad is ass

Have to see if I can use ps4 pad with this

Sure, blame the controller :troll:

Lol jk. Stock PS4 controllers won't work because they're wireless. Youd need a wired controller with a ps5 adapter.

There's a top player in the world who uses an OG wired PS2 controller with adapters.

I use Razer Raion pad (PS4) with an adapter. D pad is clicky and precise. But it's been discontinued and is expensive as fxck now.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Sure, blame the controller :troll:

Lol jk. Stock PS4 controllers won't work because they're wireless. Youd need a wired controller with a ps5 adapter.

There's a top player in the world who uses an OG wired PS2 controller with adapters.

I use Razer Raion pad (PS4) with an adapter. D pad is clicky and precise. But it's been discontinued and is expensive as fxck now.
Link me to the adapter brother

Damn, yeah if I remember correctly the ps2 had the goat d-pad

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Ah shyt ok , I thought the d-pad was the same I might look into that

They speak on the DPad at the 6:10 mark in the vid below. Basically the buttons sit tighter within the shell and don't wiggle around like it does on the stock controller

I also saw another video stating that the Edge has the least wireless input latency out of any other gamepad so another thing to consider if you're not always running a wired connection. With the Sony/Evo connection it's always gonna be supported at tournaments so despite the price tag, it's probably the best controller you can get for Tekken on PS5

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Mane that thang $200 :francis:

Yeah I feel crazy using it specifically for a fighting game, but Ive had it for a while and was barely using it at all because the stock controller is fine for other games and anything with heavy paddle usage I’m already playing on Xbox anyway. As long as the Dpad and face buttons don't get sticky or some shyt I should be good.

All these premium joints going for like $150-$200 and up anyways and For PS5 I feel like a lot of 3rd party controller options come with concessions in one area or another. Id be interested in seeing some other gamepad options for Tekken but so far the Edge has the highest overall rating IMO from the research I've done.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
They speak on the DPad at the 6:10 mark in the vid below. Basically the buttons sit tighter within the shell and don't wiggle around like it does on the stock controller

I also saw another video stating that the Edge has the least wireless input latency out of any other gamepad so another thing to consider if you're not always running a wired connection. With the Sony/Evo connection it's always gonna be supported at tournaments so despite the price tag, it's probably the best controller you can get for Tekken on PS5

Ok thanks

I also found the adapter homie mentioned

I’ve got to make a decision now, I am intrigued by possibly going back to the ps4 pad , that form factor was perfect I felt

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Try doing those bullshyt electrics on a ps5 controller consistently. I'll wait

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Yeah I feel crazy using it specifically for a fighting game, but Ive had it for a while and was barely using it at all because the stock controller is fine for other games and anything with heavy paddle usage I’m already playing on Xbox anyway. As long as the Dpad and face buttons don't get sticky or some shyt I should be good.

All these premium joints going for like $150-$200 and up anyways and For PS5 I feel like a lot of 3rd party controller options come with concessions in one area or another. Id be interested in seeing some other gamepad options for Tekken but so far the Edge has the highest overall rating IMO from the research I've done.
I might have to cop because I legit have stick drift :bryan:

Had it some months ago, sprayed the stick with compressed air and rotated it like crazy and that fixed it for a while but it came back for a bit last week while playing Rebirth.

That would explain some of the funky shyt I've seen in Tekken too :snoop: