Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Just got back from it. Had a blast.

Theater was surprisingly packed for a Tuesday night. Hopefully that bodes well for its box office. The budget is apparently in the $80-90 million range, so it shouldn't be too hard for it to turn a profit. If it bombs I'm blaming Ice Cube. :pacspit:

For being the co-writer and producer I was glad Seth Rogen didn't pull a Taika Watiti and give himself too many lines. Him and John Cena as Bebop and Rocksteady aren't actually utilized that much in the story. Paul Rudd got more lines as Mondo Gecko. :heh:

For a movie so entrenched in New York hip-hop I'm surprised they cast Ice Cube of all people as the villain. It would have made more sense to cast somebody like Diddy or Method Man or Busta Rhymes or some shyt. Matter fact, fukk Ice Cube. Just rerecord all his lines with any of them. Just burn all the recordings of Ice Cube as Superfly. :pacspit:

The one niptick I have with this film is
the portrayal of Splinter. Surprisingly this version of him is just a random New York City street rat, with no relation (as far as we know) to Hamato Yoshi. Makes me wonder why a NY street rat would sound like Jackie Chan. :mindblown:

Also, with the way the tease Shredder in the mid-credits scene, will he be in any way related to Oroku Saki or will he just be some dude? :patrice:
Sequel might explain more

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Just got back from it. Had a blast.

Theater was surprisingly packed for a Tuesday night. Hopefully that bodes well for its box office. The budget is apparently in the $80-90 million range, so it shouldn't be too hard for it to turn a profit. If it bombs I'm blaming Ice Cube. :pacspit:

For being the co-writer and producer I was glad Seth Rogen didn't pull a Taika Watiti and give himself too many lines. Him and John Cena as Bebop and Rocksteady aren't actually utilized that much in the story. Paul Rudd got more lines as Mondo Gecko. :heh:

For a movie so entrenched in New York hip-hop I'm surprised they cast Ice Cube of all people as the villain. It would have made more sense to cast somebody like Diddy or Method Man or Busta Rhymes or some shyt. Matter fact, fukk Ice Cube. Just rerecord all his lines with any of them. Just burn all the recordings of Ice Cube as Superfly. :pacspit:

The one niptick I have with this film is
the portrayal of Splinter. Surprisingly this version of him is just a random New York City street rat, with no relation (as far as we know) to Hamato Yoshi. Makes me wonder why a NY street rat would sound like Jackie Chan. :mindblown:

Also, with the way the tease Shredder in the mid-credits scene, will he be in any way related to Oroku Saki or will he just be some dude? :patrice:
I agree with most of this. If they wanted to go full Into The Spiderverse they should have stuck to NY actors and did Splinter more justice. I barely understood most of his lines

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Glad this is getting good reviews

But u know what, this reminded me of one of my most disappointing cinema moments as a kid. At the end of TMNT 2 when Shredder turned into Super Shredder...I was like Ohhh shyt Shredder bout to whoop sum ass!!! But then Shredder got taken out by sum falling logs smh. I'm still pissed about that:snoop:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Glad this is getting good reviews

But u know what, this reminded me of one of my most disappointing cinema moments as a kid. At the end of TMNT 2 when Shredder turned into Super Shredder...I was like Ohhh shyt Shredder bout to whoop sum ass!!! But then Shredder got taken out by sum falling logs smh. I'm still pissed about that:snoop:
And they just leave him there. Ain't no fukking bridge gonna take out super shredder

I agree with most of this. If they wanted to go full Into The Spiderverse they should have stuck to NY actors and did Splinter more justice. I barely understood most of his lines
:mindblown: :russ: