ParamountPics_TMNT_MutantMayhem_Leonardo.png
ParamountPics_TMNT_MutantMayhem_Donatello.png

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TMNT: Mutant Mayhem Brings Back Vanilla Ice's 'Ninja Rap'

Director Jeff Rowe says Vanilla Ice's "Ninja Rap" is included in TMNT: Mutant Mayhem.

Vanilla Ice's rap song from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze will be featured in the new animated reboot, TMNT: Mutant Mayhem.

Back in 1991, Vanilla Ice was dominating pop culture as one of hip-hop's biggest stars, and that led to an appearance in the sequel to the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. The song "Ninja Rap" was featured on the soundtrack and was even given an official music video with Vanilla Ice rapping alongside the four Ninja Turtles. More than three decades later, the song will again be heard in theaters, as TMNT: Mutant Mayhem director Jeff Rowe confirmed its inclusion in a new interview with Screen Rant. He also reveals how adding the song was producer Seth Rogen's idea, and it came at the last minute, as that wasn't the original plan.

"It's not my personal touch. I wish it was my personal touch, but the use of Ninja Rap is very funny and excellent," Rowe explained. "That was the thing that — we just had some piece of easy listening music in there for a very long time, and we're like, 'It's kind of funny.' Then, at one in the morning one night, Seth texts me, and he's like, 'It should be Ninja Rap.' And I'm like, 'Yes, that's perfect. Oh my God, that's the best idea, I wish I thought of it.' It's so good though."

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Is Filled With Easter Eggs​

Vanilla Ice's rap song is not the only reference that fans of the Heroes in a Half-Shell can expect in TMNT: Mutant Mayhem. The filmmakers are lifelong fans of the Ninja Turtles and previously spoke about how the original cartoon show was a big inspiration for this new movie. Rowe is even thinking ahead to which other elements of the franchise he would incorporate into a potential sequel, revealing Krang as the major villain he would love to see face the Ninja Turtles in a follow-up film.

I might be in the minority here, but I'm excited to check this out. The art style is as divisive as I remember Wind Waker being when they cel shaded Link :mjgrin:

They also nailed the action figures being re-released through playmates with the nods to the original box design of the 80's/90's action figures.