Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

sonic-drowns-sonic3.gif

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Breh, I'll watch it again but I've watched this video more than a few times and I never once saw anything that indicates a shark....plus how can you tell it's him screaming when there are dozens of other ppl screaming at the same time? NY Post and random twitter comments aren't exactly solid sources either.

edit: Yea def didn't see any leaping shark. Anyone have a still of a leaping shark?

screen-grab-cameron-water.png

Could be a bull shark I guess...doesn't look to be the size required to go after human sized prey...It's def not a tiger shark (no squared off snout), and it doesn't look to be much larger than 6-7 feet. But a bull shark that size could be deadly.

Still missing the leaping part...what's the time stamp?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
This is the problem with cacs living life on easy mode they have to come up with new and exciting ways to up the difficulty sliders doing silly shyt like sky diving, scaling 20k foot mountains, hunting siberian tigers and shyt. Add jumping into shark infested waters, at night, drunk.

I have no sympathy for such stupidity. His parents raised a crash dummy

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Yea...not buying the whole shark thing...to me that "shark" just looks like a wave.
Even if you can't see the shark, he goes from calmly swimming in at the start of the video to screaming and not being able to keep his head up at the end. He also turned away from the life preserver. idk, for me it is him screaming and his whole demeanor changed in second.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Even if you can't see the shark, he goes from calmly swimming in at the start of the video to screaming and not being able to keep his head up at the end. He also turned away from the life preserver. idk, for me it is him screaming and his whole demeanor changed in second.

With the stills I can see a shark...it's very difficult to determine in real time/real speed for me. Him turning from the preserver could easily be due to him not even knowing it was out there, or simply not seeing it. Also turning away due to disorientation and just trying to stay above water, as well as being pulled by the water forces.

That slowed down video is fairly convincing that of a shark...it could be his back leg kicking the water up then him getting pulled under from the water forces...it real time it looks like there's no shark to me, but slowed down it looks like a shark.

Slowed down I see his leg go up, water rising, then go down with the splash...but then there's an additional splash after his right leg/foot is already down....that additional splash seems to be further away than where his feet would be.

Last edited:
Daps
It's about 2:45 to 3 in the morning. You've just gotten into a good sleep. You know the type of sleep. When it feels like you're melting into the pillow and the covers are embracing you? Well, as you get into that sleep, the phone rings jolting you from that comfort. You answer it a little miffed and the first thing you hear muffled in the background is Tanner's dumbass friend Caleb, "Tanner is so fukking boss! That was lit, bro!". You roll your eyes knowing this call is about something stupid. A more powerful authoritative voice tells Caleb to shut up. The voice then says to you,
"Sir, this is Carnival Cruises in regards to your son."
You groan. Your son is a dumbass. You've come to terms with that over the years. You don't know what caused it. Maybe it was that baseball that hit him in the head during little league when he was 8? That left quite the lump. Maybe it was that time he used the "no no" word with a black classmate when he was 11? That left almost as big a lump as the baseball! Maybe it was the time he thought he was a pro skater at 13 and jumped down a flight of stairs on his board. Hitting his head, breaking his left arm and ending up in the hospital for two weeks? Caleb was there too! Cheering him on when he woke up in the hospital. Tanner gave Caleb a smile and a thumbs up, missing 3 teeth from the incident. God, you hate Caleb. Maybe he was always a dumbass? Maybe he got it from his mom's side? You certainly didn't marry her for her brains!
"So what did he do? How much is bail?" You ask. You're already going through your nightstand for your checkbook.
"Sir, it's more serious than that."
You pause and listen intently.
"Late last night at around 11:45, he leapt from the side of the ship into the ocean. He wasn't pushed or drunk. He did it of his own accord," the man explains.
You feel your heart stop.
"T-Money is just gangster like that!" You hear Caleb yell and someone tells him to shut up again.
"W-well where is he?!" You ask a little more forcibly than you intended to. Your wife is starting to stir from her slumber so you step away from the bed.
"Sir, passengers threw him a life ring but he swam away from it. It was dark and we couldn't stop the ship in time to send out rescue rafts."
"fukk he need a life ring for?! The ocean can't stop T-Money!" Caleb screams.
"What the hell did he do that for?!" You ask.
"Apparently, because someone told him he wouldn't do it," the man says.
"T-Money's not a bytch!" Caleb screams.
"...Because someone said he wouldn't do it...?" You repeat.
18 years. You raised your son for 18 years. You put him through school. Bought him everything he ever wanted for every fad he ever got pulled into. Bailed him out of jail numerous times. Boys will be boys after all. Sent him on this cruise for the summer to keep him out of trouble hoping he didn't knock up some island girl from one of the stops. Praying that seeing the world would change him.
"Sir, are you there?" The employee asks.
"Why didn't you call the coast guard?!" You yell. Rage was filling your body.
"Sir, we're several hundred miles off shore. Even if we called the coast guard there would be little chance that by the time they got here that they'd find your son."
"RIP my dawg T-Money! He was a real one!" Caleb says. Not a hint of sadness in his voice.
You are in a rage. Whose fault is this?! Certainly not your Tanny wanny!
"What kind of cruise are you running?! How dare you lose my son! You'll be hearing from my lawyers!" You scream before shutting off the phone.
18 years. 18 fukking years.

This is real talk though. If I had a fool for a son, I'd be more angry about the investment than anything. :yeshrug:

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Also turning away due to disorientation and just trying to stay above water, as well as being pulled by the water forces.
In the beginning he is very calm, perfectly able to stay afloat and seems to be pretty aware of what is going on. It's his abrupt change in demeanor that tells me something else was happening besides being overboard

Daps
Reppin
Chi
In the beginning he is very calm, perfectly able to stay afloat and seems to be pretty aware of what is going on. It's his abrupt change in demeanor that tells me something else was happening besides being overboard

Just to play devils advocate, he could have come to a quick realization of how fukked he was being in the water at night, it being tougher to stay afloat than anticipated, and the boat quickly moving away. Also he may have gotten pulled into the current, force from the ship displacing the water and is panicking to stay afloat.

The more I watch it the more I can hear distance screams from him as he fades away...and the stills and slow motion does appear to show a shark.

Not fully convinced of a shark in the real time video, but the slowed down vid does look like it. In real time the "attack" looks like his right leg/foot going up and down in a swimming motion and corresponding water splashes

At some point when there's a documentary or something made about this, I'm imagining some shark attack expert will weigh in on their opinion of the footage.

Last edited: