Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Stellantis to offer broad buyouts to U.S. salaried workers, warns of possible layoffs​

The number of available jobs in the US is shrinking​

Nationwide Plans 5% Reduction in Employee Headcount​

Mass Layoffs Hit California as Businesses Fail, Organization Leaves State​

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

Stellantis to offer broad buyouts to U.S. salaried workers, warns of possible layoffs​

The number of available jobs in the US is shrinking​

Nationwide Plans 5% Reduction in Employee Headcount​

Mass Layoffs Hit California as Businesses Fail, Organization Leaves State​

Thank god the economy is doing great :whew:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Just got a rejection email from some shyt I applied to on January 5th :mjtf:
I was getting rejected for shyt I applied to a year or more prior :skip: . These companies just be doing shyt with no rhyme or reason.

Edit: As I get denied from some Doordash role I don't remember applying to :skip:
Getting past these resume screeners for an interview is definitely issue. Do we have any tips or tidbits about crafting a good resume?
I was going over my resume today and realized some of my bullet points sucked and didn't actually convey my impact and experience well.
How do you guys normally go about getting your resume reviewed?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
@Spence stop fukking with us :damn:
He knows it's on sight
gundam-chuchu.gif

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Getting past these resume screeners for an interview is definitely issue. Do we have any tips or tidbits about crafting a good resume?
I was going over my resume today and realized some of my bullet points sucked and didn't actually convey my impact and experience well.
How do you guys normally go about getting your resume reviewed?
It seems like the hardest part is getting past the ATS hurdle. I read, even as far back as... like a decade ago :flabbynsick: , that premade templates are hard for ATS software to parse. Tables and headers can obfuscate information. I think it's a toss up whether or not they're using OCR to parse the text or if they're parsing out the actual file.

What's been most successful for me has been to make the whole thing from scratch. Fill out the content of the resume as if it's just a straight plaintext document. When you have what you want then you can style. Periodically save the file as a plaintext document and visually inspect. If it looks like your pre-style document, then the software should parse it correctly. This is a time consuming process and I've probably done it 3 or 4 times since 2016ish. There are sites that claim to have ATS friendly resumes but I'm skeptical. However the advice on creating ATS friendly resumes seems to be accurate.

Then follow the typical advice; use action words, show accomplishments not responsibilities, quantify things where possible (believably lie if you gotta), use keywords from the posting. I'm also not convinced tailoring to the requisition actually matters - maybe not for tech roles anyway since we're volume appliers.

Before shyt was fukked I had more Naps in my inbox than a call center, and a fair amount of direct contact from company head hunters.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
5 minutes ago, I got a rejection email saying that the position has been filled

I was scheduled to have the final round (4 hours of interviews) on Monday

It's fine because I'm not really sure I wanted the job, but I wanted the option of taking it

Edit: I knew something was weird with it though. It was literally 2 weeks between each round. And that was me choosing to do the interviews as soon as I could.

Last edited: