Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
:wow:

Do more with less. They laid folks off w my company and then still expected the same amount of productivity from the org as a whole.
everything now is a matrix and algorithm.... i hate it..
I'm an electrical engineer so im safe, especially with the push to go electric with new real infrastructure properly planned and designed.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I got tagged on LInkedIn from some colleagues of mine in my new role. My old boss from my previous company (boss and I have a strained relationship) viewed my profile. He's done this more than once. LMAO what do you want from me bro? You didn't want me in the company and you keep checking my profile! I haven't even updated my new title.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I got tagged on LInkedIn from some colleagues of mine in my new role. My old boss from my previous company (boss and I have a strained relationship) viewed my profile. He's done this more than once. LMAO what do you want from me bro? You didn't want me in the company and you keep checking my profile! I haven't even updated my new title.
Send him a message asking why you live rent free in his head :troll:

Sir ZDuke

All Star
Daps
You should block him for the lolz

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
If you want to go back I’d fire right back and see what the deal is. I still get a couple hits a week from people from my old company searching for me. Been tempted to hit them back just to check for opportunities.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
It’s scary. Friends wife was a major CISO. Hasnt found work at a comparable salary since May of last year

WOW! Is she able to find jobs but not CISO salary. I was a senior engineer and got laid off but did not stay on the market often. I know people that were not as lucky. I am talking six month still out of job. It even sucks more when you are an older individual. Last year was bloody for people in Cyber Security.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
It’s scary. Friend’s wife was a major CISO. Hasnt found work at a comparable salary since May of last year
You can kiss nice Cyber salaried goodbye. All companies have tightened purse strings, unless it’s FAANG or publicly traded f500 you can forget about it.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
WOW! Is she able to find jobs but not CISO salary. I was a senior engineer and got laid off but did not stay on the market often. I know people that were not as lucky. I am talking six month still out of job. It even sucks more when you are an older individual. Last year was bloody for people in Cyber Security.
From what I recall, she’s been at it for close to 20 years. Top dog.

It’s crazy out there now

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can kiss nice Cyber salaried goodbye. All companies have tightened purse strings, unless it’s FAANG or publicly traded f500 you can forget about it.
Heavily regulated industries like Banking, Healthcare or Energy are still breaking bread in cybersecurity. Due to the threat of huge fines from regulators for non-compliance.

Just wait for a company to get hacked and then fined. They'll pay almost anything for someone to come in and clean up the mess. But they'll also get rid of your ass the minute they finally become compliant.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Heavily regulated industries like Banking, Healthcare or Energy are still breaking bread in cybersecurity. Due to the threat of huge fines from regulators for non-compliance.

Just wait for a company to get hacked and then fined. They'll pay almost anything for someone to come in and clean up the mess. But they'll also get rid of your ass the minute they finally become compliant.

Yep those fines out weigh the cost of salaries. I remember working in O&G and when horizon happened. If your training wasn’t Bessie certified kick rocks. Bessie was making serious bank at that time n

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I worked with people in Asia and they're work culture is kind of ass backwards sometimes.
:francis:

TSMC’s debacle in the American desert​

Companies like IBM employee some baddies in Latin America. But you can tell they screw over employees judging by the turnover rate.
:wow:

Why IBM employees in Brazil are suing to be classified as tech workers​

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL